Default Re: Great Music

Miley Cyrus - When I Look At You

----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Wing, Did you just Put Miley Cyrus under a thread titled "Great Music"?

How abouts the weird lipped Lana Del Ray?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Wing, Did you just Put Miley Cyrus under a thread titled "Great Music"?

How abouts the weird lipped Lana Del Ray?
    Hey Mke - Come on, Buddy. She sings good in this video; and she's only 19 years old! I wasn't worth a shit when I was 19. Some probably say the same thing about me today. At least Miley's lips are real! Luv Ya Man!

---------------------------------------------------------

Stevie Ray Vaughan
    (October 3, 1954 – August 27, 1990)

Stevie began performing with bands at age 10, playing bass guitar in his older brother Jimmie's band, Texas Storm. By the time he entered high school, Vaughan began getting paid for late-night performances in local bars and clubs, leaving him exhausted for class the next morning. When Stevie was 15, Vaughan's parents were starting to express apprehension on his career choice. He took a job washing dishes at a local dairy mart for $0.70 an hour; later falling into a barrel of grease. He ultimately quit and devoted his life to being a professional musician:

"When I was about twelve, I had been a dishwasher for a while and part of my job was to clean out the trash bin. That involved standing on these big 55-gallon barrels with wooden lids on them, where they'd put all the hot grease.

One day I was out there cleaning out the bin, having a blast. The top broke and I fell into the barrel. Just as I finally got out — I'd been up to my chest in grease — they came with two fresh hot vats of boiling grease! I got out just in time. If I'd taken a break before I fell in, I would have been a fried guy!

The woman fired me because I broke the lids on the barrel! Right then and there I decided, 'Wait a minute. This is not what I want to do. I want to play guitar like Albert King!' And that's the last job I've had other than playing guitar."

Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ Crossfire

Stevie Ray Vaughan ~ Tightrope

Last edited by Wingfoot; March 19th, 2012 at 07:40 AM.

Years of Experience

Sarah McLachlan - Angel

-------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post

I love this song!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

Sweaty Teddy!

Wingfoot luvs this song!

------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    17 years

Is Stranglehold better than Free 4 All? If I'm listening to it now, then yes.
    Last edited by daman1; April 6th, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
    Cuda likes this.

Years of Experience

Traffic - Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys

Protesters speaking out against corporate greed and other issues showed no signs of giving up their campaign with organizers urging participants to dress up as what they called "corporate zombies" and to take part in a rally against police brutality.

The arrests of 700 people on the Brooklyn Bridge fueled the anger of the protesters camping in a Manhattan park and sparked support elsewhere in the country as the campaign entered its third week.

Occupy Wall Street started with fewer than a dozen college students spending days and nights in Zuccotti Park, near the city's financial center. But a day after the first weekend's mass arrests, hundreds of protesters were resolute and like-minded groups in other cities joined in.

Group spokesman Patrick Bruner urged protesters to dress up as zombies and eat Monopoly money to let financial workers "see us reflecting the metaphor of their actions." As the encampment slowly began waking up that next Monday morning, several dozen police officers stood in formation across the street.

"It is not a crime to demand that our money be spent on meeting people's needs. Our money is not for massive corporate bailouts," he wrote. "The real criminals are in the boardrooms and executive offices on Wall Street; not the people marching for jobs, health care, and a moratorium on foreclosures."

The NYPD arrested about 100 people when protesters marched to other parts of the city and got into a tense standoff with officers. Police used pepper spray on a group of women. A young man was tackled to the ground by an officer. Police said the department will continue its regular patrols. "As always, if it is a lawful demonstration, we help facilitate. If they break the law, we arrest them," NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said.

Protesters on the Brooklyn Bridge were allegedly lured onto the roadway by police. Apparently they didn't hear the calls from authorities to head to the pedestrian walkway. Police said no one was tricked into being arrested. Those in the back of the group, who couldn't hear, were allowed to leave.

The NYPD released video footage to back up its stance. In one of the videos, an official uses a bullhorn to warn the crowd. Marchers can be seen chanting, "Take the bridge!"

Wiljago Cook, 33, of Oakland, Calif., who joined the protest on the first day, said "exposing police brutality wasn't even really on my agenda, but my eyes have been opened."

She, her boyfriend and two neighbors all quit their jobs to come. They planned "to stay as long as it seems useful," said Cook, who had worked for a nonprofit theater group.

John Hildebrand, 24, is an unemployed teacher from Norman, Okla. at the Occupy Wall Street event. "My issue is corporate influence in politics," he said. "I would like to eliminate corporate financing from politics."

Campers take turns organizing a "general assembly" on the plaza where they divide tasks among themselves. They have "a protocol for most things," said 19-year-old Kira Moyer-Sims of Portland, Ore., including a makeshift hospital and getting legal help for people who are arrested. They rally around a website called OccupyWallSt.org, and they even started printing a newspaper — the Occupied Wall Street Journal.

Billionaire financier George Soros, during a news conference at U.N. headquarters about his participation in an African development, said Monday that he sympathizes with the protesters. He said he understands the frustrations of small business owners, including those who have seen credit card charges soar during the current crisis.

Jackie Fellner, a marketing manager from Westchester County, north of the city, said she has an issue with "big money dictating which politicians get elected and what programs get funded. We're not here to take down Wall Street," she insisted. "It's not poor against rich."

Still, the protesters chose Wall Street as their physical rallying point; speaking against corporate greed, social inequality, global climate change and other concerns.

These courageous souls have Wingfoot's blessing! They should be pushing for an independent audit of the private bank called the Federal Reserve to expose the depth of corruption and the names of the crooks on Wall Street.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; April 7th, 2012 at 02:44 PM.

Years of Experience

Joe Walsh - Funk 49

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast