Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: GPS has been turned on?

Default GPS has been turned on?

I was wondering if anyone on the vine can either confirm or deny this rumor that has plagued me or is this another scare tactic. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: GPS has been turned on?

Yes it has check out this site you can enter in a phone number and it F&^%ing find them. If we can get on a web site and it shows this what does th goverment know www.trackapartner.com
    Last edited by Paint Grenade; July 23rd, 2008 at 05:48 PM.

Have not seen it on the alltel phones. But the nextel yes it is possable to track someone.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I was wondering if anyone on the vine can either confirm or deny this rumor that has plagued me or is this another scare tactic. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

They have been messing around with the idea for a while you know its just a matter of time. But like it matters it will just make it to where you have to do the job the right way and maybe finally they will see that and hire the right amount of people to do the job and everything will be hunky dory....

*Sorry just woke up from my dream*
    C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

My only concern was no more beach house lunch breaks. Damit
    Last edited by theone; July 23rd, 2008 at 05:25 PM. Reason: typo

Screw the beach house im goin to jezabels!!!! Oh thats right I already screwed half of the beach house years ago LMAO!!!!

Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Our company has been talking about it for years. Some of our outlying contractors have GPS in their vehicles, however, we do not at this point.

It is being sold as a way of knowing who is closest to an emergency, who can take additional homeowners, or priority tickets, etc. If it is in fact handled that way then I see no issue with it.

However, like everything, it will take one person to start micro managing the thing, and I as a locator then have to justify every second of my time from several days ago.

I can see it now, "you took a 16 minute break at the 7-11 over on ___ street, why?" That is not managing, that is Orwellian.

Time will tell I guess.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

ug i had told you before that we have gps in our trucks...........is that what you're asking????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

utiliquest/sts/uti/locating inc. is suppose to be creating the smart truck, have built in wifi, built in computer, gps and the drive cams would be sent to the office in atlanta as soon as it goes off. they are everywhere but no where.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint Grenade View Post
    Yes it has check out this site you can enter in a phone number and it F&^%ing find them. If we can get on a web site and it shows this what does th goverment know www.trackapartner.com
    thats some funny sh*t!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    ug i had told you before that we have gps in our trucks...........is that what you're asking????
    I was just replying to the original post Yahoo, thats all. Was not asking a question or anything.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

oh sorry uq i thought you was asking about it again....sent you a pm a while back ...did you get it.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post

It is being sold as a way of knowing who is closest to an emergency, who can take additional homeowners, or priority tickets, etc. If it is in fact handled that way then I see no issue with it.

However, like everything, it will take one person to start micro managing the thing, and I as a locator then have to justify every second of my time from several days ago.

I can see it now, "you took a 16 minute break at the 7-11 over on ___ street, why?" That is not managing, that is Orwellian.

Time will tell I guess.
    I personally think if they are going to gps or wifi or video tape with cameras all the locators in the field, then they need to make sure all the office personnel are done the same way. All those 16 minute breaks around the coffee pot, or at a cohort's desk, or standing in the hall, or even in the restrooms. What's good for the goose.......... I bet they waste a greater percentage of time than any locator even could!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

LOL, old school yet again....

How many of you remember the little box in the truck that had the paper disk in it that recorded when the truck was moving and stopped. We had to turn them in weekly at CLS back in the 90's and I got yelled at a few times because my truck was moving around at 1am in the morning.... Its called we live in Kansas the windyest place in the friggin world.....

Was with CLS in the 90's but don't remember that! Par for the course though.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast