Thread: google fttp

Years of Experience

Default google fttp

anyone see this news release last week. i would love to have this in my area,could use the ticket volume. we already have a server farm hope that helps our chances. sorry dont have enough posts to put in url. google fttp and you will find it

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: google fttp

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    anyone see this news release last week. i would love to have this in my area,could use the ticket volume. we already have a server farm hope that helps our chances. sorry dont have enough posts to put in url. google fttp and you will find it
    fttp = fiber to the premise. Makes a lot of tickets and a lot of headaches.

Around here the crews are made up of people few of which speak English. Illegal aliens? They put in long amounts of mains in each day and they make the tickets as long as they can get away with. So you can be marking an entire residential block on one ticket. They may only be one the even numbered side of the street but will often call in both sides of the street so half the marks you make are not needed. To many of them those utility marks seem to mean dig a hole here rather than avoid that spot. They often use pneumatic bores, called shooting a missile, rather than directional hydraulic bore.

The mains installation tends to breed a lot of damages. Even if your marks are correct you end up spending time on the damages.

The individual services tend to be better as the crews require at least one person who speaks enough English to deal with the homeowner. These tickets are not so bad and can get you some good workload.

If workload is down fttp can be a mixed blessing and get you some steady work. Otherwise you do not want it in your area.

Years of Experience

have alot of that going on in our area!!! creates alot of work....good for the economy!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

One thing I learned over the last 4 years working around their server center there wont be any spanish speaking on this job with the google name on it. english only no ramrod slam bam crap with those people.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

not count on that boots, when it comes down to mass installs, they will sub contract out the work, and you'll have the same crews out there installing the cables. Its cost effective.

Verizon shut down their expansion in N Texas last year and Fl the year b/4 (that's why we got 20 - 30 Toyotas from Florida). Haven't heard anything about it lately.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.