Thread: goggle threat

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default goggle threat

never mind, I tried to delete this when I saw it was addressed in another posting. I could not figure out how to delete the thread
    Last edited by paintitnow; March 31st, 2012 at 12:03 AM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: goggle threat

Hey 'Viners! - I haven't posted for close to 2 weeks now for a couple of reasons. I was spending quality time with my extended NASCAR family in the Los Angeles area for the first week. I was home from the airport maybe a couple hours, reading my emails with an adult beverage next to my personal laptop, when I made a spaztic slap to the drinking glass. My drink rolled over the laptop keyboard! Within moments, my 4 year old Macintosh/Apple laptop was ruined................

My fatal error was caused when I tried to restart my laptop after I wiped the fizzwater off the keyboard with a towel.

A couple days later, after mourning the loss of my Mac, I drug out my 12-year-old Dell PC. That old monitor weighs a ton! I wasn't on that dinosaur 20 minutes when I got a fatal-error pop-up on the hard drive! I KILLED 2 computers in 3 days time! Enter Micro Center:

These people were great. I bought a refurbished (still new in the original box) Hewlett-Packard 17.3" diagonal screen laptop for $399.00! (a $625 value!) I installed the antivirus and now I'm back in bidness! WooHoo!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    17 years

Hey Wing, If you're mourning the loss of saved documents and pics and stuff, go to that same PC store and ask them for a "hard drive enclosure". They're only 10 to 20 bucks. It's best if you bring the crashed laptop in with you cuz there are different enclosures depending on what kind it is. Pull the hard drive out of your crashed laptop and put it in the enclosure. The techs at the store can easily help. Plug the enclosure into your new computer's USB port and open it manually. You'll have a ton of digging to do but you'll be able to salvage any saved info you think you may have lost. It doesn't matter if the drive works at all. After that you can use the hard drive for data storage.
    I almost lost my entire digital music and picture collection that way until a buddy suggested I do that. I was able to get it all back and now have a back up storage device to boot.

Years of Experience
    lifetime

this is how to manage unwanted threads and posts delete thread
    You Can't Fix It Till You Find It - Jim 3:23

I hear you Wing. Last week I got a virus - Thanks a lot Norton - that was sending out weird e-mails to everyone on my e-mail list. I went to my local Iranian computer store and instead of spending $75 on an 8 yr old computer, I bought a re-furbished HP desk top with 3 times the speed and twice the storage and pre-loaded with Kaspersky protection, for $159.00 , plus tax.
    I hope it's a good deal - will have to see how it performs.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
    this is how to manage unwanted threads and posts delete thread
    Ummmmm... am I missing something? What do dancing badgers have to do with unwanted threads and posts?
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    lifetime

it's april fools day steve
    You Can't Fix It Till You Find It - Jim 3:23

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Okay. My first thought was someone got into your account and is spamming the site. I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. I didn't know if it was connected to the recent virus we picked up.

Now that you say it is April fools day, my second thought is "CRAP" I let a whole April Fools day go by without playing a joke on anybody.

Oh, well. There is always next year.
    "Change does not always equal progress."