Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Gas Prices

Years of Experience

Default Re: Gas Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    WoW! I filled up my 2007 Ford Ranger V-6 work truck today. I had 191 miles since my last fill-up. $63.50! That's 3 miles per dollar!

Our boys in Iraq captured the biggest pool of oil on the face of this earth and we pay $4.00 per gallon at the pump! What ever happen to the spoils of war?
    wing .....now you speaking my language.........that's what we need to start doing ,,,,,,taking...............

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

I had a more up to date link which had the middle east even less and Canada more, but I can't find it right now.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

I had a more up to date link which had the middle east even less and Canada more, but I can't find it right now.

Hey Dracula:

No problem, just kinda caught me by surprise. Didn't think our exports were quite that high.

Although, I guess just about every mega development project has some U.S. involvement, so it would not be a total surprise to see a number like that I guess.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Last edited by 2RUDE; June 21st, 2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: .

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Hey nothing to do with gas for locating vehicles but found this article interesting. Was in our major newspaper last Saturday.

"The U.S. ailine industry is headed for a crash as record oil prices threaten to push several carriers into bankruptcy threatening 'our American Way of life' and industry study said Friday.

The industry 'is in full blown crisis and heading toward a catastrophe' said a study issued by AirlineForecasts and the Business Travel Coalition.

At current oil prices near $130 a barrel, several large and Small American Airlines will default on their obligationsto creditors late this year or early in 2009, the study says.
    It shows that oil at $130 wil increase yearly airline costs by $30 Billion, while airlines will be able to generate only $4 Billion in fare increases and incremental fees.
    The implication is that several large and small airlines will ultimately end up in bankruptcy, and of those, some will be forced to liquidate the study said.
    The airlines are on pace to spend $30 Billion more on JET fuel in 2008 versus 2007, it said."

Okay, so if these folks are correct and they are not pulling a Chicken little scenario here, this could just be the tip of the iceberg in terms of large company failures. This of course has implications for each of us 'cause poop flows downhill!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

WoW! I filled up my 2007 Ford Ranger V-6 work truck today. I had 191 miles since my last fill-up. $63.50! That's 3 miles per dollar!
    Subject: American Mileage

A recent study conducted by Harvard University found that the
    average American walks about 900 miles a year.

American Medical Association found that

Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

This means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Makes You Proud To Be An American.

Hey, as much as I walk I bet I get 50+ miles per gallon of alcohol. And Al Gore doesn't think I'm doing enough to halt Global Warming!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quick question! What side of your car is your gas cap? I drive several different vehicles, and at times can't remember one from another. Most recently I've had to fill up the gas on rental and borrowed cars. I've stuck my head out the window to see if the gas cap was on the left side or the right side, usually to no avail . . .

I have found if you look at your gas gauge, you will see a small icon of a gas pump. The handle of the gas pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the pump. If the gas cap is on the left, the handle will be pointing to the left. If gas cap is on the right, the handle will be pointing to the right (see photo below). It's that simple!

Now that is a useful bit of information to have. Thanks Wing! Or should we start calling you the Guru of All Things Automotive!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Very useful on what side the gas cap is on a vehicle. 1 more thing lets not forget about terrorists. I would much rather pay $10 a gallon then have to worry if I was going to get blown up by a car bomb on my way to the grocery store or have me and my family jailed or executed because my hard headed wife refused to go out in public looking like a tent. Your next president could be banning pork and alcohol. Something to think about with the next election. Freedom is not free and the more we give back to the government the more its gonna cost when we finally wake up and say enough is enough. I myself am allready tired of working twice as hard to support someone that is to efing lazy to get up and get there own, but why should they when all they have to do is stand in line with their hands out. Im starting to wonder whos the fool.
    Last edited by theone; July 26th, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
    I'll locate you dig.

I dont get that good a millage....

Subject: American Mileage

A recent study conducted by Harvard University found that the
    average American walks about 900 miles a year.

American Medical Association found that

Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

This means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

Makes You Proud To Be An American.

Colonel Travis At the Alamo....."hold on boys helps coming!!!!" Oh sh** its the Alamo

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I would much rather pay $10 a gallon then have to worry if I was going to get blown up by a car bomb on my way to the grocery store or have me and my family jailed or executed because my hard headed wife refused to go out in public looking like a tent. Freedom is not free and the more we give back to the government the more its gonna cost when we finally wake up and say enough is enough. I'm starting to wonder who's the fool.
    theone - Welcome Aboard! Thanks for the interaction. It's good to learn of at least one locator that is politically awake! This is the first step. There is so much more information you need to know and so little time left to find it.

You will never get the REAL story (the truth) from ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, Larry King Live, Glen Beck, Diane Saywer, Matt Lauer or Bill O'Lielly. Do not swallow all the politically correct propaganda from these BULLSHIT artists. Lou Dobbs is the only real mainstream news reader that gives balance to the bullshit. Keep searching the net for the truth. It's not that hard to find. And prepare yourself, and most importantly your family, for what's coming in the next few months.

Years of Experience

Not always true. On my '08 Ranger the gas cap is on the left side. The little picture has the pump hose on the right. But there is a little arror right next to the pump pointing to the left.

Also in my area regurlar unleaded in my area went from $4.25 a gallon to $3.85 in the last week.

Its pretty sad when someone can name every player on a baseball team and give stats for the last 10 years,(who gives a flying fornication) but cant name a few senators and congress men that are taking so much money from us and giving so freely to free loaders. I say bring on the recession and make it hurt. It might just push these lowlifes north or south of the border dont really care as long as im not the one supporting them I have 2 kids to support. Im tired of supporting them and theirs cause they made, make, and continue to make bad decessions.
    I'll locate you dig.

Years of Experience

the rich will always take care of the poor........dont you think???
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast