Thread: FL guys Transported to Baton Rouge, due to supply/demand, (there seemed to be less work where they were)

Default FL guys Transported to Baton Rouge, due to supply/demand, (there seemed to be less work where they were)

so about 2 months ago we get this crew of about six guys from florida. they flag everything, backyards, everything. one quit, so far. I guess he couldn't hack it. he wasn't a skinny guy, and I can understand how it can be hard for someone who weighs more than 350lbs can do 20, 25 tickets in an 8hr day.

i've seen a couple people from florida posting here, maybe you know what kind of slump STS/UQ/UTI is experiencing in Florida. not sure which area exactly they originated from, but I think it was Orlando. one guy actually saved my ass, I got sent a late update ticket for a backyard irrigation, when I went to it, the 100pr had already been cut. But, since the Orlando flag monkey (the rest of the guys down here think it's funny that he flags everything, but he SAVED MY ASS) flagged the entire backyard, a flag every 3 feet....literally...

I told him I appreciated the flagging because it saved me a damage. Never judge a book by it's cover, or from what other people say. Furthermore, it makes me want to use flags easier. I tried the pvc pipe on my paintgun. I need something more efficient. I wish they had two triggers on a paint rifle, one for the can and one to shoot out a flag. That would be great...

-Scap

Years of Experience

Default Re: FL guys Transported to Baton Rouge, due to supply/demand, (there seemed to be less work where they were)

scap those hands that came from florida had a really good outfit there...att loved their svc in florida.....they were all caught off gaurd when they lost the contract.....be nice to those guys if poss....they gave up alot to come here.....i have much respect for them..........most importantly they are loyal.........that means alot to me that is my opinion

Default Re: FL guys Transported to Baton Rouge, due to supply/demand, (there seemed to be less work where they were)

Yeah. Our guys treat them VERY well, pay-wise. At the meetings, they seem like very nice guys. The one that left out of sheer madness, who had been locating for ten plus years, just lets you know how stressful the job can be, especially living away from your family for 3+ months. So, much respect to the FL crew in BR, if you guys ever manage to browse through here.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    scap those hands that came from florida had a really good outfit there...att loved their svc in florida.....they were all caught off gaurd when they lost the contract.....be nice to those guys if poss....they gave up alot to come here.....i have much respect for them..........most importantly they are loyal.........that means alot to me that is my opinion
    They need to apply at SMP - they needed 30 locators in Fl just about 2 weeks ago - unless they prefer to work out-of-state.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

spray most of them went on w cls/smp and a real close friend of mine went on w them also.........he likes his area and was not willing to give it up......

Years of Experience

I am a former florida( palm Beach) guy and the only thing I can say is you guys are very lucky to have these guys. "Most" not all but "MOST" of these guys have more talent then anyone you will ever meet. As far as flagging everthing That is just the way it is down here. We usually paint and flag everything it will save your butt more times then not. The guy who left; do not be fooled it wasn't because the job was too hard if he had 10 years under his belt it had to be because he was home sick or just plane sick. There is an old saying " If You Can Locate In Florida And remain Damage Free You Can Locate Anywhere". This is the truth I have located from the keys of florida to kansas city and all point in between. and the hardest state to locate in is Florida. If you are lucky enough to work with these guys sit back listen to what they have to say they might come up with some real good Ideas.
    Florida locating;
    Paint and flagg everything ( Except driveways or private cemented property)
    Take pictures
    File field meet sheets.
    Use your comment sections frequently
    COVER YOUR ASS AT ALL TIMES
    The Contractor is your aquaintance not your friend
    Remember these simple rules and you will always due well in this business
    ASK A Florida Locator for advise.
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

It all sounds like solid advice, for anyone in this business, across the country.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Nothing but respect for the FL crew. The morning they arrived they got with a guy down here who knows a good bit about locating named Shannon...(respect to you bud if you manage to read this as you've helped me out quite abit) were very receptive to what he had to say and from what I hear after that they were tearing through tickets .