Thread: Fisher M-scope TW-6

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Fisher M-scope TW-6

Anyone ever used a Fisher M-scope TW-6. I have a contractor who has one and wants me to help some of his guys learn how to use it but I have never been around one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Work smarter not harder!!!

Default Re: Fisher M-scope TW-6

See if he has the video that comes with it. Mine has a lovely VHS tape, very eighties. I haven't tried mine out yet, so I can't give any opinion yet, used but very clean ebay score.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Rockies.... I personally love the split boxes. I've only used the Fisher a couple of times, but it works real similar to the Aquatronics split box.

Do they happen to have the metal bar with the nylon strap to it? They are a little more sensitive to the calibration process then the aquatronics split box but the process is the same. I know its a totally different machine, but the on-handle calibration is real similar to http://www.aquatronics.com/links/pdfs/A6_Manual.pdf

Its a great piece of equipment for anyone who does private locating. (It should go hand in hand with any piece of equipment that does induction.)

Let me know if its informitive. If not I can throw something together for the calibration (Maybe a vidoe or something).

Mke

I have the handle but missing the strap, not sure how critical that would be. Thought it would be good for blind searches.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

There is only a slight difference between having the strap and not having the strap. I'd almost label it "negligeble". Blind searches, or in certian situations.

I had a 24" waterline that was down about 10' or so and the 810 couldn't find it. I looked and looked and there was nothing. I pulled out the split box and she hit on the location. She doesn't give a great pinpoint, but if you pick the middle of the field the equipment gives you, you are typically close enough to be within "Legal" limits.

Mke

Years of Experience

I have never even heard of that???? glad someone could help???
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the help MKE!!! This pretty much explains it to me. I think that the city locator here had one of these back when I first started. I had forgot but when I saw the manual I remembered them using something like it. Wow I didn't think this machine was that old lol. Again thanks for the help.
    Work smarter not harder!!!