Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: fired for damages?????????

Years of Experience

Default fired for damages?????????

A coworker and i were talking about some one who got fired for damages. Are they going to be able to get unemployment. if you look up the eligibility to have benefits it says your not eligible if you performed your work poorly. Can any one help with this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: fired for damages?????????

I was fired from STS inc. for damages and I got unemployment.

I had to prove to the unemployment office that my manager had fired me without cause. I didn't deserve the damages they claimed I had. I think of the 4 I only deserved one of them. Not sure about that. BUT... the kicker was when I showed that other employees with more damages than I had were not fired and one with (I think) 6 damages was promoted to Supervisor.

I won that one hands down.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ldstyler` View Post
    A coworker and i were talking about some one who got fired for damages. Are they going to be able to get unemployment. if you look up the eligibility to have benefits it says your not eligible if you performed your work poorly. Can any one help with this.
    This varies by state. In some state poor performance is not an issue. In any case file, they have nothing to lose.

Years of Experience

I agree with PL ....varies by state !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

i got fired from a company a few years ago and had to fight with unemployment to get the benefits and that took a couple of months. but the company tried to say that all damages i had were intentional and due to poor work ethic. i proved to unemployment that it was the companies fault for not providing any help after i asked multiple times, and not giving proper retraining after the damages happened. but like the others have said it does vary from state to state

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

The best advice I can give is to send emails out every time you ask for help. Or ask for anything you need to do your job. This counts as "in writing".

Then, take screenshots of the emails you send and save copies of them. It's most helpful if the person you are emailing actually replies, then thier reply is in the screenshot, proving they read it.

If you ever need to prove to any unemployment agency or other authority that you did in fact ask for help, you can show the screenshots. It's useful to have the screenshots because by the time you are fired from the locating position, you will be locked out of your company email.

Having those images of the emails is far more advantageous than simply claiming on the phone "well, he said, she said, I said".
    yahoo likes this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post
    The best advice I can give is to send emails out every time you ask for help. Or ask for anything you need to do your job. This counts as "in writing".

Then, take screenshots of the emails you send and save copies of them. It's most helpful if the person you are emailing actually replies, then thier reply is in the screenshot, proving they read it.

If you ever need to prove to any unemployment agency or other authority that you did in fact ask for help, you can show the screenshots. It's useful to have the screenshots because by the time you are fired from the locating position, you will be locked out of your company email.

Having those images of the emails is far more advantageous than simply claiming on the phone "well, he said, she said, I said".
    You can also cc your private email address and forward messages to it. Do not forget to put the screenshot on a usb flash drive, not the hard drive. The hard drive stays in their laptop and they keep that when they push you out the door.
    jayc likes this.

Years of Experience

Pro USIC has their computers locked down to iter company only except for supes. Some won.t allow thumb drive software either.
    Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Pro USIC has their computers locked down to iter company only except for supes. Some won.t allow thumb drive software either.
    Greetings orangeboots! Same old BS.............. One or two idiot sumsabitches who can't work a laptop while driving down the highway at 75 mph ruin it for the rest of us poor bastards who can. I guess now it's only the supes and staffers who are coordinated enough to steer while stabbing a laptop.................... just sayin'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yahoo and phoenix827 like this.

Years of Experience

Wing you forgot talking on the phone and eating lunch!!!
    UULC, Wingfoot, yahoo and 2 others like this.

Years of Experience

and facebooking ............
    phoenix827 likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Wing you forgot talking on the phone and eating lunch!!!
    I don't know how many times I have dialed a number, pressed send, and then took a big ole bite of my cheeseburger. Then wandered why the hell I did that just as the guy on the other end says "Hello, how can I help you".
    yahoo and phoenix827 like this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    I don't know how many times I have dialed a number, pressed send, and then took a big ole bite of my cheeseburger. Then wandered why the hell I did that just as the guy on the other end says "Hello, how can I help you".
    You know what the most annoying part of this is? If you didn't bite into the burger, they wouldn't pick up the phone. If you did bite into it, they always pick up. It's like when I realize I've got to check something on my truck or, "I'll pick up my Sunkist off the floor at the next red light", it's always all greens until I'm either there or a block away.
    phoenix827, Cheddar, yahoo and 1 others like this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

The quickest way to get a light to turn green is to start doing paperwork.
    daman1 and phoenix827 like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    The quickest way to get a light to turn green is to start doing paperwork.
    A bit off subject but I was talking to the guys installing those stop light sensors last year replacing some that weren't working. I explained to him how, if the light wouldn't change, I would put a tire on them and bounce my brakes hoping to get the light to turn. He smiled and politely explained to me that those sensors actually sense electromagnetic pulses coming from the engine. If a light won't cooperate, he said, get the engine on top of a sensor, put it in neutral, and rev the motor a little bit. That works sometimes on worn out sensors. If the light still doesn't turn green. he said to look in all four directions. If there are no cops around and no traffic, cross your fingers and go for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast