Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A fellow locator in need

Default Re: A fellow locator in need

Whew! Man, I thought Steve was going over to the dark side with the Sic1 for a minute there!
    Sure feel for Ninja, sounds like he's in pretty bad shape. We just had a long time locator and friend go thru triple by-pass surgery this am. Came thru it fine so far. Will be off quite a while though and we are all trying to band together and help him and his family. He doesn't have the short or long term disability offered thru USIC.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Steve,
    Thank you for trying again, I am truly greatful to all of you that can or will give a fellow locator who is down on his luck a helping hand. I was not going to say anything and just let things go into ablivion again and be forgotten about, but I truly have to say something to each and every one out there. Becareful, the old saying "shit happen" is true, but if you can avoid an incident please do so. Please bare with me my head is not to clear because of the meds I am on. Those of you who know me and remember me know I would never bullshit anyone I have always been there to give what ever advice or knowledge I could to anyone willing to take it. I have had locators write me and thank me for helping them through some tough times. I never thought that I would be in the position I am in now. I keep thinking God is continually testing me until I get it right, the only thing is, I do not know what the subject was so I couldn't study, so it would appear I am getting it wrong. All I know is one day I was working hard to feed and support my family and the next, I am fighting to find money to put food on my table, and keep the roof over my kids head. I just had to have another round of surgery on my back, so I am down and out for another 12 months. I am at the end of my rope. I told Steve the other day that if I were a horse in this condition I would have been put out of my misery, but I'm not a horse so here I sit waiting for something. I do not know what yet, but I hope it will be brought to a head soon. I am going to be ok eventually, I will heal, it is going to take a lone time but I will heal. My wife and kids are still with me, I still have my home (barley), I am fighting like there is no tomorrow for what I should have just been given , something I took forgranted. that would be there if I ever needed it. Social security disability. I paid into this system since I was 15 years old. I should be able to just fill out those papers and be approved right? No friggin way. I had to be turned down 3 times and now I had to get a blood sucker lawyer who wants 25% of what ever money I may get at settlement. I have 6 diffrent doctors that say I am fully disabled, but according to the state those doctors are liars. They said because I am a white male, 45 years old, semi-educated, never been in jail, speak english and were able to work in the past I do not qualify. It has nothing to do with the fact I can not walk anymore, I can not drive, or sit for long periods of time,On meds that would knock out an elephant, It does not matter that I almost died twice in less then a year. It does not matter that my doctors or lawyers say I am diabled. All that matters to them is I am 45,white, english speaking, semi educated, never been in jail, and have held a job in the past. Ok please, I am not throwing the race card here, this is the stipulations that they use to determine eligibility for social security disability in the State of Florida. So hear I sit because there is no way I can physically work right now, waiting for the state to say yes or no to a program I fully qualify for, not just in thier eyes. My family suffers because we do not qualify for cash assistance or food stamps because my wife makes 15$ a week too much. My kids, thank God do qualify for free lunchs, and health insurance. but to tell you all the truth if it was not for a couple of really good people on this site and some of my family members we would be out on the street. I am not to far from that right now. I am sorry I do not want to complain I would have loved to come on to this site and said everythig is great but that would be a lie. I am begging each and everyone of you do not take your health for granted watch how you bend or move, be aware of your enviroment, make sure you are safe at all times. If you do get hurt do not wait and say oh I just pulled a mussel or strained something I'll be ok. Get checked out. Make sure if your company offers it take the short and long term disibility programs they offer. May you never need to use them but you will be glad you have them if you need them. Please learn from my mistakes your families are too important to let them go through what I have let my family go through. Trust me if God grants me a second chance I will do thing a lot diffrent. I want to say thank you to Steve and all of you that have sent me and my family your support it has helped.It is people like you that renew my faith in humanity thank you all and I hope if you ever need the help that some day I will be there for you.
    Ninja.................
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Years of Experience

NInja, (or Steve) What happened to your back? I vaguly remember you (or Steve) posting something about it, but don't remember what/how. Iirc, you were one of the 1st ones on here to welcome me in. As Earl Hicky says, "do something good, good comes back to you."
    As someone else with back problems, I can agree with you. it you hurt (and it's different at ALL from what you are used too) GET IT CHECKED!
    Best wishes dude, and post up when you can.
    Chris

Years of Experience

Chris,
    where do I start? I have had back problems since 1994 when I hurt my back as a deputy sheriff. I had to have surgery to correct the disc that exploded in my back. Although I could not go back to law enforcement, after a couple years of recouping and diffrent jobs I was able to eventually hook up with a company called NoCuts. My back was in constant pain which was being controlled with diffrent medications. The problem was the meds only masked the pain. my back was continually going through a deteriation. in 2007, I found myself in the middle of a cow pasture crawling to my work truck because I could not walk.about 8 months ago I ended up having to have my s1, l2,l3,l4 & l5 discs fused together. I have been out of work since dec 2007. No, no benifits for my family and I do not know what I am going to do.I can not walk yet, or stand nor can I sit for more then a half an hour without adjusting positions. The fusion was not a sucess so I ended up going thru what they call a revision with a laminactomy just about a month ago. They are saying I need another fusion in my neck also, but I do not think I will go through that again, now that my cobra is going to run out and I have to depend on medicaid I will not be getting any medical assistance for a long time. I do not see a quick fix for this anytime soon. I hope this kind of shines some light on my health situation, this is just my back, I also had to have surgeries in my right shoulder, wrist, and knee. I also had to have an emergency hernia repair done and I had a heart attack. so, I do not believe I will be able to get back to work anytime soon. Dude....you asked........ ps did I mention I was only 45 years old.......Please take care of yourself........your body is more then a temple it is your life.....
    Last edited by NINJA; February 22nd, 2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: forgot to add something

Years of Experience

Thx Ninja, Thats some MAJOR work!! What did they say about the fusion? just couldn't get it all lined up right, or the actual fusion messed up? What happened to L1? (Or is that on top?)
    Why isn't this under comp?

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Apply for Social Security Disability benefits. Once your are officially declared disabled by Social Security many other benefits may become available.

Social Security fights all disability claims, especially if you earned good money and are due a high amount. Some people get as much as $1,500 a month depending on past earnings. Every year you get a statement from Social Security and part of what it shows is what SS Disability payments are due you should you become disabled.

Social Security as a general rule dismisses all claims when you first file, keep the appeals process going. I know one person who was due about $1,100 a month who kept getting denied despite good documentation. A SSA worker took them aside and told them that most of their claims get around $400 a month. Because this person got so much they just kept denying them. They told this person to get a lawyer. They got their benefits awarded the first day in court.

So once you get denied get an attorney that specializes in SS Disability cases. Better to pay the fee than get nothing.

Years of Experience

hey ninja ...you doing better these days right????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    hey ninja ...you doing better these days right????
    I am alive so I guess so. This is the hardest year my wife and I have had to go through. I was turned down again this time we are going after the judge himself to be removed from the bench. He has no reason for saying I am not disabled I just had to have a friggen pain pump installed for crying out loud. Yahoo I do not come on to the vine to much any more because i just do not have it in me any longer the fight in me has just about gone out of me. this is another year my wife has to support us she just had to start a second job to try to keep us from being forclosed on. No christmas for my kids and I feel like the world biggest piece of shit because I can not help them. I went from being the supporting dad figure to the broken down bumb figure in just a couple years. Sorry I can not ask for help anymore it is too berating and I wont do it Thanks again for listening .......ninja out....................

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by NINJA View Post
    I am alive so I guess so. This is the hardest year my wife and I have had to go through. I was turned down again this time we are going after the judge himself to be removed from the bench. He has no reason for saying I am not disabled I just had to have a friggen pain pump installed for crying out loud. Yahoo I do not come on to the vine to much any more because i just do not have it in me any longer the fight in me has just about gone out of me. this is another year my wife has to support us she just had to start a second job to try to keep us from being forclosed on. No christmas for my kids and I feel like the world biggest piece of shit because I can not help them. I went from being the supporting dad figure to the broken down bumb figure in just a couple years. Sorry I can not ask for help anymore it is too berating and I wont do it Thanks again for listening .......ninja out....................
    That sinking feeling you have got is exactly what those that have opposed you have been waiting for. Shake it off and get back into the fight. If you keep trying you will win, seen it before.

All that opposition you have faced. Like those doctors who say you are not disabled. If you go to their offices and get some of their literature, or some info from their websites, you will likely find they advertise they "get injured employees back to work". This is a trade phrase that they will give a professional opinion that you are not disabled regardless of medical evidence, they are just hired guns and the people who hired them knew this.

All that testimony that you are okay was not to convince a judge or jury, it was to break down your will to fight. I bet they used every delaying tactic they could like asking for extensions of court dates because they were "busy" with another case that day. That is routine, they will take every extension that is available until they run out of them. Those extensions because they were busy or needed to review the evidence, well they needed no more time for their work, they needed that time to emotionally break you down.

So do not get depressed, get angry. Then go kick their butts!

I know you feel bad, in pain and very depressed. Well work up a rage, work up some anger and then let that anger pull you out of your depression. Let it drive you to success.

You know what else they have done? They had private detectives do surveillance on you, standard operating procedure. They have staked out your home and have had surveillance on you and your family. That surveillance turned up nothing or it would have been put before the court. Trust me, I know the people that do this type of work. Insurance surveillance is a cash cow for the private investigation industry. Do not be surprised if they have read this forum, it is open. They may have searched the net for postings by you and members of your family. They look for things like 'Uncle Ninja did a double back flip off the diving board'.

So there they are,sitting at a desk with pictures of you and your family. They know you are hurt, they know you are not committing insurance fraud and for a few bucks they are making every effort to deny you benefits that you are do. They conspire to leave you and your family in poverty.

Get angry, use your anger to pull you out of depression. Then go and win!

Years of Experience

actually that sounds pretty good....i may have to try that with my coworkers....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

will be in touch with you soon Ninja ....take care dude

Steve I may be able to help. I am going to make some calls to see what I can do. I will keep you posted.

Ninja you have truly touched my helpful side. First I want to say that you have nothing to be ashamed of!!!! Never give up on fighting for your family. I am going to see what I can do to help. Not just in my own personal life but on a much larger scale. I will keep you posted as more develops. Keep your head up and know there ARE those that care in this industry and are praying for a miracle!!!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I haven't heard from Ninja in a while but I'm sure he is still in need of some help. I'm glad you posted in this thread and brought it back into the light.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

joashkimma

Ninja do not lost hope. we all are striving and we need someone to talk, these the best place to hang on....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast