Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Famous People you have located for?

Default Re: Famous People you have located for?

Wish I could get a ticket for the playboy mansion, and on that day, i wouldnt care about production, or nothing, i sure would be taking my sweet time making sure I covered it all

Years of Experience

I have located Brian Billick's house both during and after construction. He is the former coach of the Baltimore Ravens and now is on the NFL Network.

TMO
    Years of Experience

Uncle Ted, only got to deal with his hand Steve.
    The owner of the Texas Motor Speedway. Dont know who it is , but it was they're ranch.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Hmmm. I don't think we have anyone famous in Boise to locate for. Paul... of Paul revere and the raiders used to live here but I heard he moved to Florida. I was in line behind him once in the grocery store. Just an average looking guy. I'm sure he's a decent person. Linda Lee Caldwell I think lives here or used to live here. That is Bruce Lee's widow. I don't know what her residence status is at the moment. Seems to me everyone split town.

Up north, however. Sun Valley Idaho. You are tripping over them up there. That's about 4 hours away.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I take all that back. I did locate for someone famous. Bill Buckner, professional baseball player. He has a nice house in the foothills NE of Boise. Some of his landscapers were doing some work and I showed up for the locate. I didn't see him. I didn't know who he was at the time anyway.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    The owner of the Texas Motor Speedway. Don't know who it is, but it was [his] ranch.

Bruton Smith - Promoter and Owner/CEO of Speedway Motorsports, Inc.

Bruton Smith was ranked #207 on the Forbes 400 list with an estimated worth of $1.5 billion in 2005! Bruton owns eight NASCAR tracks that host eleven NASCAR Sprint Cup events. Speedway Motorsports owns Charlotte Motor Speedway, Atlanta Motor Speedway, Bristol Motor Speedway, Infineon Raceway, Kentucky Speedway, Las Vegas Motor Speedway, New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Texas Motor Speedway.

Wingfoot met Bruton Smith on Sunday morning, November 7, 2009. Wingfoot was standing on the east side of the Goodyear garage at the Texas Motor Speedway when a 2009 Cadillac STS-V pulled up. Mr Smith stepped out of the driver's side of the Caddy (wearing a beautiful, shiny, pink satin, long-sleeve shirt) to ask Wingfoot if it was okay to park there. Wingfoot said, "Yes!"

After Bruton walked into the Cup garage area, Wingfoot's boss said, "What else could you have said? The guy owns the place!"

----------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    Uncle Ted, only got to deal with his hand Steve.
    The owner of the Texas Motor Speedway. Dont know who it is , but it was they're ranch.

It's possible I located that same Ranch, although he could own more than one. I remembered I also located Bill Bates' and Deion Sanders' places also. I thought I was locating a Hotel or Country Club the 1st time I went to Deion's.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

When I was doing Field Engineering for SCB in the 90's, I did the walkout, permit, and ROW work for Morgan Freeman (was building a new house in Charleston, MS) and for John Grisham's new crib (famous author) in Oxford , MS. Met both - just regular guys when they are away from the spotlight it seemed. Morgan had just finished shooting "The Unforgiven" with Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman, and was more than willing to chat about that experience. Grisham showed up at the door in a bathrobe with a cigar in his mouth, signed the ROW permit, asked me what I thought about the place, and that was about it.

My most "famous" moment was when John Cook Company got to actually locate a line on the White House grounds up in DC in 2003. They had a busted water line and one of my customers had fiber in the ground up there. Never did get to see them, but would like to know what type of firepower those guys have hidden in those shoulder-tote bags....Couldn't even address or speak to anybody on the site except for the "White House Utility Coordinator" (actually in a suit and tie). Wonder what that job pays??
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Well one thing I like about this job is, you never know what lies ahead of you for that day or week, either good or bad. Just being out and about being able to go places where most people cant go

Years of Experience

A few years ago The Kennedy Compound on Palm Beach, Also on Palm bch, Jimmy Buffets Mansion. Donald Trumps digs, formally the Post families mansion, Maralago. And not far from there on whats known as Peanut Island, The bomb shelter that was built for then President John F. Kennedy.
    I'm sure there have been others working in areas like Palm Beach and the near by ultra wealthy communities, but when you mark up one Mansion you just give up wondering what famous person lives hear, It's just not yours!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sundropmaster View Post
    Did you get to see him
    Did not see anyone, except the city workers working on the busted main in the parkway.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    What, when he cut down all the trees in his neighborhood?
    No, but I remember that. I was just a kid then, there was a ton of press about it around here. He really went nuts on those trees!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by montecarloss View Post
    General Colin Powell, Joe Gibbs, various Redskins, some that I'm forgetting, just a walk in the park locating in northern Virginia!!
    Hey monte - Welcome to the'Vine! Luv the avatar!

You can keep your Beltway Boyz in DC! George W made a short-notice, surprise visit to a small manufacturing firm in my area just after 9-11. The black Tahoes were everywhere; as well as Ma Bell service vehicles, Ma Bell nervous management-types, contractor's backhoes and boring machines.

The business was fed by drops. The Secret Service demanded more lines to the firm that had direct access to the Central Office. A new 50 pair cable to feed the firm was drilled into a challenging manhole overnight. There were pits dug that night to free up pairs inside pre-fab splice cases at a VERY challenging crossbox/slick hut sight. The locate took all afternoon and deep into the night; all work was charged to 4 tickets.......... The pits were spliced and backfilled shortly before W's arrival the next day!

-----------------------------------------------

Located Phil Donahew (not sure of spelling) in old Naples FL. and Bill Gates on Marco Island,FL.

Years of Experience
    retired

Chris Columbus, the movie director, has a 2nd house in River Forest (a western suburb of Chicago) - his wife (possibly him, too) is from that area. Weird thing is, in my previous job as a DJ, the company I worked for was also hired to do one of his kids' birthday parties so I had been there & met the guy before.

The Frank Lloyd Wright homes in Oak Park, now historic landmarks and a museum.

There are several 1950's-era mafioso houses also in River Forest and Oak Park, at least one of which I'm sure I marked once or twice (Tony Accardo). They obviously didn't live there anymore in 2004...

Bo Jackson's house, south and west of Chicago in Burr Ridge.

Alleged wife-killer ex-cop Drew Peterson's house in Bolingbrook, IL. He hadn't made the news yet (wife #4, Stacey, was still alive).

Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, in Evergreen Park, IL. He had already sold the house, moved, and came to notoriety / was caught at that time.
    "Aye, verily hath I spoken." - Thor, god of thunder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast