Thread: Electronic cigarettes

Default Electronic cigarettes

Any of you guys tried these yet? I've had mine about 3 weeks, and have quit smoking regular cigarettes altogether. Eventually I'll taper my nicotine juice down, then try to get away from the e-cigs as well.

I bought mine from www.zigcigs.com , but if you google e cigs you'll get a ton of results. The site I just mentioned has a slew of youtube videos showing how these units work. Instead of smokem, it's a vapor that has nicotine suspended in it. Anyways, in just 2 weeks of having no smoke in my lungs, I feel so much better. Food tastes better, and I can smell things that I haven't smelled in years.

I almost forgot to note, I was smoking 2-3 packs of marlboros a day, so I'm also saving a ton of money.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Electronic cigarettes

My co-worker is using one. She is trying to quit smoking as well. She went from a pack and a half down to half a pack so far.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

I just figured out that I'm gonna save $540 the first month.

Years of Experience

If you want to quit smoking I just past my 3 year mark I was hard core I was smoking 3 packs and dipping a half a can a day . My doctor recommended chandix if you can tolorate some of the side effects I would reccommend it to anyone trying to quit. I set a day 3 weeks after I started taking it to just quit by the second week I had no intrest in smoking so i quit sooner. no withdrawls i did gain some weight and had a hard time with the side effects but ut was worth in to this day i have no interest in smoking good luck to you just remember if you really want to quit you will using any method but if you like smoking you will not quit sorry that is just the way it is.............
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Years of Experience

good luck trying to conquer this habit!!! i hope you are able to quit soon ....it will be alot of money and your health saved......!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2RUDE View Post
    I just figured out that I'm gonna save $540 the first month.
    good for you!!big savings..

Banned

Any of you guys tried these yet? I've had mine about 3 weeks, and have quit smoking regular cigarettes altogether. Eventually I'll taper my nicotine juice down, then try to get away from the e-cigs as well.

I bought mine from zigcigs.com , but if you google e cigs you'll get a ton of results. The site I just mentioned has a slew of youtube videos showing how these units work. Instead of smokem, it's a vapor that has nicotine suspended in it. Anyways, in just 2 weeks of having no smoke in my lungs, I feel so much better. Food tastes better, and I can smell things that I haven't smelled in years.

I almost forgot to note, I was smoking 2-3 packs of marlboros a day, so I'm also saving a ton of money.
    aw 2 to 3 packs?..not only you saves your money, you also save your life...imagine 2 to 3 packs?..

Years of Experience

In just 2 weeks of having no smoke in my lungs, I feel so much better. Food tastes better, and I can smell things that I haven't smelled in years. I was smoking 2-3 packs of marlboros a day.

Congrats RUDE buddy! Smoking that many sticks a day has to go along with many beers. Is the beer the next thing you're going to throttle back on?

--------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post

Congrats RUDE buddy! Smoking that many sticks a day has to go along with many beers. Is the beer the next thing you're going to throttle back on?

--------------------------------------------------
    Wing, I can't even remember the last time I had a beer. I have maybe a beer or two once a year. I used to drink like a fish, but gradually cut back 7-8 years ago, and eventually got to where I wasn't drinking at all anymore. I just don't have enough time in my day to waste by sitting in a bar or club. Between work and my daughter, It be nice to have a few extra hours in each day. The next thing to go is my Coca-Cola consumption.... I drink three cans within the first hour of work, and usually stop and buy about 3 twenty oz. bottles throughout the day.
    Last edited by 2RUDE; November 18th, 2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: z

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I am seriously looking into these, tell me more about them 2 Rude, brand you are using, taste? Costs?
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    I am seriously looking into these, tell me more about them 2 Rude, brand you are using, taste? Costs?
    I got mine from www.zigcigs.com , but after buying them found them cheaper when I googled electronic cigs. As for flavors, there's a slew of different flavored nicotine liquids that you can get , I have strawberry, watermelon, orange, coca cola, Marlboro, French vanilla, and half a dozen others. The nicotine liquid produces a nice thick "smoke" or actually it's more of a vapor than smoke. Also the liquid comes in a variety of different nicotine levels, I'm using 24 mg. myself.

The kit I ordered was about $230 , but came with 6 complete units, and a usb passthrough (Which plugs into a usb port and offers unlimited "puffing".

Anyways, the guy that owns zigcigs.com has a bunch of youtube videos up on his site explaining exactly how everything works, and even demonstrating the units in use. That's what prompted me to buy mine.

Anyways, they are a bit pricey initially, but I was spending over $500 a month on cigarettes, so I've paid for mine already in the money I saved.