Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ECSM in NEW JERSEY

Default Re: ECSM in NEW JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    Penis? Who knew locators make Penis?

OK, by show of hand who here makes Penis?

Don't force me to make a poll.....
    Are they the type with a vibrator in them?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Also, does Blaka seem to sound like what the Sic1 would sound like when he's off his ADD meds?
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

what a funny post... poor ECSM lol everyone rips them a new one
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

I never heard of a locator making penis before. I did used to know a fellow that said he could use his like a divining rod to find a gas line with no tracer. I think he even made a movie...
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.

Years of Experience

i think he meant they are WAY underpaid... not sure why he stays with the company... premier, and a few other locating companies are hiring statewide... if i was him i would matter of fact i might soon opcornsmile:
    Last edited by FiosKing; February 13th, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
    "What Are You Doin!?!? GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN!"
    you have entered a restricted area

He probably got fired or in trouble for not beinf able to fill out ANY documentation correctly with that wonderful example of why the education system in this country SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Just me here, but, if you can't talk it right, you sure as hell aren't going to spell it right!!!

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    <SNIP>
    Does he drive their truck home every night?
    <SNIP>
    This is not a perk, it is there only becasue the company makes a higher profit doing it this way.

But it is not a one way street as for the employee this is effectively a perk.

This is a symbiotic relationship.

If the employee drives the truck home then they start earning money on the clock at their first job at the starting time, say 7:00 AM. They log off the clock at 4:00
    PM from wherever their last job was completed.

Eight hours of pay and eight hours of production.

If they have to pick up the truck at the shop they arrive at the shop at 7:00 AM. Because they are running into other employees there is some chat and bs time. They use the bathroom in the shop. Talk to the foreman about some thing or decide to restock some item on their truck. I estimate that half an hour of production is lost right there, certainly twenty minutes.

Now the employee has to drive to their work area from the shop which can vary greatly from employee to employee and geographic location, I estimate an average of thirty minutes of production is lost each day right here.

The employee cannot log off the clock at 4:00 PM from their work area, they have to drive back to the shop and another thirty minutes a day is lost right there.

Having the locator keep their vehicles at the shop costs about 90 minutes a day or 7 1/2 hours a week of lost production. In rough terms production is 20% less than where locators take the trucks home.

There is another factor in addition to increased productivity, reduced overhead.
    If you have a shop where the locators take the trucks home and the work load keeps them busy their 40 hour work week you will if you cease having them take the trucks home have to increase your workforce by 20% or pay overtime. With the20% increase in workforce there will be an inventory increase of trucks, equipment and maintenance costs by 20%. That is a lot of money.

There is also a less obvious increase in costs, rent. Many shops are located in industrial parks in strip buildings. The lease has so many parking space allotted to the locate company. With the trucks being taken home this is no big problem for many firms. But if the trucks are not taken home the entire fleet has to park at the shop where now there is often no room. In addition the locators cars also need an additional parking space at least in the morning and closing time. So if you have 80 locators going out you will need to have 160 parking spaces available. The locators taking the trucks home increases the number of available commercial places they may rent from and allows finding lower rent.

Still the locator gets benefits as well. Their production goes up and regardless of what they name it pay for performance is still active in locate firms. So they get higher productivity and allows for a higher rate of pay. They do not pay for commute costs such as gas and maintenance. If the company vehicle breaks down they still clock in and get paid unlike their personal vehicle breaking down.

The take home vehicle is effectively a perk for the locator but the company also makes higher profits doing this.

It's like free beer for everybody!

Banned

Its pennis,didnt want to say penis,it sure as hell isnt money(pennies)ive been locating for 20 years and Vacuum Excavation Services for 6 years,i feel bad for my brother in jersey ,living in the most expensive state to live in the union and making what he makes ..makes me sick.. ,out west is better,bosses treat people like humans.
    Littel pay = shit work

Banned

You guys are Great ,great time. see ya

Banned

A crow was sitting on a tree, doing nothing all day. A small rabbit saw the crow, and asked him, "Can I also sit like you and do nothing all day long?" The crow answered: "Sure, why not." So, the rabbit sat on the ground below the crow, and rested. All of a sudden, a fox appeared, jumped on the rabbit and ate it.

Moral of the story is:

To be sitting and doing nothing, you must be sitting very, very high up.
    (ifinditunderground)

Banned

A man flying in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. Reducing altitude, he spotted a man on the ground and descended to shouting range.

"Excuse me," he shouted. "Can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him a half hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below responded: "Yes. You are in a hot air balloon, hovering approximately 30 feet above this field. You are between 40 and 42 degrees North Latitude, and between 58 and 60 degrees West Longitude."

"You must be an engineer," responded the balloonist.

"I am," the man replied. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost."

Whereupon the man on the ground responded, "You must be a manager."

"That I am" replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you're going. You have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in the exact same position you were before we met, but now it is somehow my fault."

making pennis(nothing)

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

It is a two way street it benefits both the employer and the employees. Pl made excellent points like usual. Besides needing bigger places to store vehicles there is the security issue. If stored outside where does the lap tops go. either the person has to take them home or there will have to be tables for them to be placed for recharging. The $4K in locating equipment would have to be stored inside otherwise someone comes along and breaks into a lot of vehicles and have the Rd and such. If you had to drive in each day to a central office lets say 30 minute ride. If you have a newer car with descent gas mileage that is just around two gallons of gas and wear and tear on a vehicle. didn't they even pass a law to benefit people that drove very few miles to work get a break on insurance. During the dig season my car is used mainly on weekends for errands and a bar or two and going to family birthdays and holiday get togethers. In a week I might just put maybe 10 miles on my own vehicle. A family would possibly be a two vehicle family. In the areas where there is black ice, there is potentially damage to one's own vehicle. Oncall I think the major utilities have people possibly onsite incase of emergencies and they are paid while there. when sbc had their own locators the guy in my area always watched the clock and made sure he would be able to get back in time. He would not start a ticket if he could not get it down in time before he had to leave or leave the last ticket open and bs with me until he had to leave. What if he arrives back 10-15 minutes early, lost production. We have all seen it at meet site where the guys would sit around an extra 15 minutes BSing before heading for the next ticket. In the metro areas one office could be ok. I think Wisconsin went down to two offices, northern and southern so a rural guy would have to drive a hour or more to the office or they would have to open up more offices. Depending where the tickets are and time sensitive I could be anywhere from 40-60 minutes to my first ticket.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 000blaka View Post
    Its pennis,didnt want to say penis,it sure as hell isnt money(pennies)ive been locating for 20 years and Vacuum Excavation Services for 6 years,i feel bad for my brother in jersey ,living in the most expensive state to live in the union and making what he makes ..makes me sick.. ,out west is better,bosses treat people like humans.
    Littel pay = shit work
    weather you brother makes "penis" or not, you have a choice in this life, you are either the $hlter or the Shat upon. If your getting paid in Male genetailia you should probably look elsewhere for work.

As for thinking out west is the answer, check out housing pricing in Portland Oregon.........better yet, check out the unemployment rate....we just made it back down to below 11%.

As for bosses treating you like humans....... I don't want to be treated like a human, I want to be respected.........there is a difference.

mke

Banned

I guess *sprayandpray* got excited when he read the word penis,as soon as he read it, he jumped on it and started to ride.he most have bullets and rabbits laying around the house,if you know what i mean.<Sarcasm>

Banned

Mke,Thats exactly what i mean ,get treated with repect.as for as the male genitals goes ,let me translated ,its like saying he makes shit,no money,nothing,zip,zippo,crap.
    You so dumb you got locked in a grocery store and starved to death

you so dumb you think a quarterback is a refund

Great time guys,Funny

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast