Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E Cigarette

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default E Cigarette

Has anyone tried those Electronic Cigarettes? Do they work?

Just curious.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Default Re: E Cigarette

Now wait a minute! Have we become so lazy we have to have a cigarette doing it's own Puffing? I mean, really, it doesn't take that much effort to suck on a damn cigarette! What's next, electronic Chewing Gum that blows it's own bubbles? Geeeez!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

A bud of mine used one for a while (maybe still does, havent asked him the last coupla phone calls..).. said it was great.
    But, the problem seemed to be getting a 'clean' smoke.
    Along with quality units, theres a majority of clones etc (typically China) that are reportedly full of bad stuff for ya (probably better just to smoke the cigs..)

I bet in time they will be banned too.. for 'appearing to be smoking'
    (May you live in interesting times)

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

there is a health risk on one of te e-cigarettes. It is because of what they pt inside of it

you've missed the point a bit here. the idea is that you inhale water vapor instead of toxic smoke. i've never tried them but i had a long conversation at the bar with a guy who was "smoking" them and he made a pretty good argument.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I totally understtod your point. i know you inhale a water vapor but there was concerns of some of them. I believe that were made out of united states. Something about what is inside and what you actually inhale is worse than a regular cigarette.

Years of Experience

There is a company here in Atlanta that manufactures them. From what I understand it is a direct induction of water vapor and nicotine and simulates smoking (but still gives you the real nico rush). Starter packages sell from somewhere in the $60-70 dollar range. Market is wide open due to recent ruling taking the product out of the "drug" classification, so no FDA oversight (but bet some will come soon).

I tried them but quickly developed e-cancer.......
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience

I bought one about a year ago without doing some research and unfortunately got snookered. While it "worked" alright at first, it quickly had problems with the atomizer, and finding cartridges was a joke. Your post got me thinking and actually doing research this time.

Recently upgraded to a much nicer one made by Smoke Anywhere (801 Classic) from a local company, works awesome, great "throat hit" that feels like the real thing, cartridges are refillable with good "e-juice" made here in the good ol' USA with only 4 natural ingredients. Its IS a bit more expensive for the start up than the 70 bucks I paid the first time ($149 plus extra for some additional stuff), but since I got enough to actually replace up to 30 cartons...I think it's a good investment.

So far I'm loving it. Weaning myself off of actual cigarettes much quicker than planned. 1 week in and I had a whopping 4 actual cigs yesterday with no ill effects.

The problem you will run into is finding a company that can ship e-juice across state lines...unless you're already an established customer (meaning you bought merchandise IN state) they have problems shipping out of state due to federal regs and such.

Anyways, I was disappointed the first go, but am much happier this time around. Seems to be worth it so far. Will keep you posted.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

OK, thought I'd update. Over a month into being a "Vaper" (e-cig smoker), and I have been real cigarette free for 2 weeks solid now. Had some issues with the 801 classic I bought, so have switched to the Glo-Smoke Platinum series. Looks like a real cig, awesome throat hit, batteries last like 6 hours (for me who is a heavy hitter thats awesome), and I miss real cigs not at all. In fact after the 2 weeks a real cigarette frigging STINKS to high heaven to me...can't believe my wife wanted to be near me if that's what I smelled like! LOL.

If you're thinking about getting off the coffin nails, this is the way to do it. I was smoking Marlboro 72s full Reds. Pack to a pack and a half a day. I have already cut the cost of my nicotine habit more than in half, and am now using the step-down nicotine content method. Give me 3 months and Ill have no nicotine addiction, all without a single withdrawal symptom.

Find a good dealer that you trust Steve, and they're great. Just do the research.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

That is great news RD. I smoked when I was younger but thankfully was able to put them down long ago. Life without that pack a day is much better!

If I could just find some way to break this heroin habit now...........

Stay strong!
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Years of Experience

As I posted in the past, I'm smoke free for exactly one Month as of today!!!!! I started with the gum but that only lasted about a week. Now I'm done.
    Keep up the good work RD and it'll be a faint memory!

you never really kick the habit, you just learn to control it. 17 years smoke free here.

Years of Experience

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

----------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Got a guy here steve that loves it really working good for him

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast