Thread: Drug tests

Default Drug tests

: Urine test
    Urine Test -- This guy has a point! This was written by a construction
    worker in Fort McMurray . Read on . . .

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my
    taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay check, I work on a rig
    site for a Fort McMurray construction project. At any time I am
    required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.
    HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes
    to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to
    pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to
    earn it for them? Understand - I have no problem with helping people
    get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with
    helping someone sit on their ass, drink beer and smoke dope. Could you
    imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a
    urine test to get a public assistance check? If you agree, please pass
    this along, or simply delete if you don't. Hope you will pass it along
    though, because something has to change in this country.

Sounds good to me!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Drug tests

Only problem is that the crime rates would go up so bad because it's definately easier to rob and steal than get a real job.

It's just like all the single mothers getting free state funded daycare. This is a good program but most of them actual live with other people so they really shouldn't be getting the assistance.

Locators don't get paid enough to put up with drug testing, nevermind everything else. If they did that here they'd lose all the best locators. (Course I suppose they probably try in some places). What I do after work is no one's business but my own, if you think differently go live in China or Iran where you belong. And stop waving either of our repective flags, eschewing the glorious freedom in which we live, then crying for more repressive powers for those in authority. If you like Nazism and the impending totalitarian society headed our way, just be honest and say it.
    The only people that should be interested in my pee is the doctor, and the chick i'm giving the golden shower to......anyone else would be just weird.

1 more thing, interesting that guy from Fort Mac was all self righteous about dope smokin', since 90% of those guys are crackheads and methfreaks. Lots of drugs up there.

Half the people in my area would be screwed. I like that idea.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

I get drug tested at lease once a year. Some of co-workers two or three time a year, its all the luck of the draw.

Years of Experience

As long as they don't ever consider nicotine a narcotic I'll be fine.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Advance, don't you drive a company vehicle? If you do and get in an accident BELIEVE ME someone else will be VERY interested in YOUR PEE and blood and B.A.C.. There is NOTHING facist or Nazistic about it. It's called 'Smart Business'.

Why do those who do 'NOTHING' get away with a double standard than the rest of us.

Example. My downstairs neighbors may as well have a pot testing facility going on. I smell it EVERYDAY either in my stairwell or coming up through the heating vents. 2 females with 2 kids each and any given day 2 males in a small 2 bedroom apartment. From the hours they keep NOT A ONE OF THE 'ADULTS' has a job. Yet their rent is paid, their utilities are paid and they ALWAYS have food. But my wife and I work and at the end of the week we get to play the 'Who gets paid' this week game while making sure we don't short ourselves so we have 'luxury' items like gas (to get to and from work), cheap food (to get us through the week)!!! Does that make any friggin sense to anyone???

It's one thing to know it goes on and be pissed off about it but that anger reaches a whole nother level when you live in an area and SEE it go on.

Not to mention THE JOB CREATION that would happen if it WAS MANDATORY for those on P.A. to be drug tested once a week. Christ, that alone could get us out of this 'recession'.

I'm all for drug testing thats how I got my little girl back.

But what scares me is that the nursing home that she worked at did not have testing. Only when she completed her nursing degree did she get popped. That's when I found out from the D.A. that you can give out meds, give shots, etc.. but you aren't required to have a drug test. It's not required by all medical facilties to have drug test. it's a option.

Years of Experience

i like the idea!!!! however....even giving cheap drug tests aren't free..someone would have to pay for that too.....drug tests can be beat and if we went to giving them to people to get their checks ...they would find a way to beat them then.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Most in Palm Beach County would not pass

I for one would be MORE THAN HAPPY to see my tax dollars pay for mandatory drug testing for public assitance benefits. Granted, SCHEDULED drug tests can be beat, but NOT RANDOM ONES!!! Hell if it knocked a quarter of the scumbags off the program than it paid for itself.

Ive always thought.. if your gonna do some testing in a company.. it should be COMPANY WIDE.. all the way up and across management inclusive.

Being drunk/stoned etc at work is one thing, prying into personal (after work) lives is another.. but hey, if yer gonna pry.. pry all the cracks open.
    (May you live in interesting times)

Quote Originally Posted by AULupstate View Post
    I for one would be MORE THAN HAPPY to see my tax dollars pay for mandatory drug testing for public assitance benefits. Granted, SCHEDULED drug tests can be beat, but NOT RANDOM ONES!!! Hell if it knocked a quarter of the scumbags off the program than it paid for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    Ive always thought.. if your gonna do some testing in a company.. it should be COMPANY WIDE.. all the way up and across management inclusive.

Being drunk/stoned etc at work is one thing, prying into personal (after work) lives is another.. but hey, if yer gonna pry.. pry all the cracks open.
    but.... it will never happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast