Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: dogs

Years of Experience

Default dogs

I did a locate out in the country the other day and as i was finishing up i was sitting in my truck with the door open . I was looking to my right looking at my laptop just having a good day . Well i got done and went to turn around to shut my door and just standing in my door was a husky . I have 4 huskies but this one just walked up without a sound and stood there . At first i was startled but could see he was just freindly . But damn he was quiet walking thru the leaves .
    Who needs coffee after that . Post your dogs tales . I would like to read them .

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: dogs

Here are a couple of other threads about dog encounters.

Dog attack this afternoon-almost <--Click Here
    Dog gets it <--Click Here
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

Dog attack this afternoon-almost <--Click Here

I remember that lol

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I had to use my personal Rig when reading meters for the power company. I still have teeth marks on all the plastic moulding around my bumpers and fenders from all the dogs chewing on my truck.

One of the wierdest experiences I had was reading a meter that was attached to a panel in between two rural houses. Both houses belonged to the same family (father and son). There was two dogs, a burmese mountain dog and a small mutt. I was already out of the truck by the time the two showed up and the burmese was real unsure of me and started to do that low growl dogs do. I was kinda freaked out, but kept talking to him and a kept walking to the meter. The burmese came up and grabed my cuff of my pant leg. I wasn't sure what he was doing but he wasn't trying to rip it or shake it violently. He just had it in his mouth. I tugged a little to see if he would let go and he just came with the direction of my tug, so I slowly walked to the meter (150' away). He held my pant leg the whole time to the meter and back to my truck. As soon as I sat in my truck, he let my pant leg go and I drove off.

Weird

mke
    UULC likes this.

Years of Experience

I would love to tell my stories but the majority of my stories end up pissing off IFINDIT ......LOL ........!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

I never really have problems with dogs. I love dogs and maybe they can sense that? Or maybe they smell my dogs from home and they know I'm a friendly.

Only had one problem - like 10 years ago. I was out on the boonies and this doberman was hauling ass straight for me, came from the barn about 350' ~ away. I didn't hear him make a sound, nothing! Musta had some Indian in him. I caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye and hopped on the back of my dump truck and then he started barking at me. I was later told he was a trained attack dog ...

I was always gonna stash some scoobie snacks in the truck but I haven't yet. My UPS guy has treats on him when he comes to my house. Great way to make friends.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

My best friend has had issues with dos on and off the job. Went to look at a riding lawn mower and this dog came up behind me and I told and looked at the dog. The girl said he was friendly, but his posture should he was insecure. He made a wide berth of me. Now my friend who was like 75' ahead of me talking to the guy about he lawn mower. I saw the dog racing towards him and before I could get his name out the dog bit him in the calf. On the job he was talking ti the homeowner when the neighbor came over along with his black lab and before you knew it. It bit me friend on the thigh. Neither of these dogs have bitten anyone before. He basically tolerate pets.

I have never been bitten but have run into issues with dogs. I had located a whole back yard backwards one because of a dog. He was insecure and would creep up on me when my back was turned but would stay at bay when I watched him. Before dog treats it cost me a small bag of combos to make a rotty my best buddy. I carry dog treats in my truck and give them out to the dogs. have one of two in my vest when I locate. a house had a big rotty named Charlie. A 100 lb sweetheart. AT&T locator saw charlie running towards him and jumped the 6" fence and broke the top of the gate. I located this place several times and knew of charlie. He was just an overgrown lap dog.

Years of Experience

FIRST, let me say that I LOVE DOGS!!!! (currently have three) and thankfully, most "other" dogs I encounter seem to like me.....or at least tolerate me.

I also carry a few treats with me and have even given up some of my "hoop cheese" from a local c-store to get me into a backyard . But, there have been a few times I wish I had my 45/.410 with me. I'm glad I didn't because I would have used it and most likely, been unemployed after the fact. I used to carry mace/pepper spray until the container leaked onto my thigh one day..........WOW! never again will I carry that in my pocket. If the treats don't work, I'll take a picture of Kujo for documentation and simply leave. No worries, it's their territory and I respect them for doing their job. BUT, if they pull the "I'll be takin' this treat as an appetizer and then I comin' back to bite you in the A*$! " trick, I have found that wasp/hornet spray sprayed at the head...... eyes, nose, mouth area....is REALLY effective at stopping them almost immediately.
    Since my employer keeps a good supply on hand, it costs me nothing, saves dogs' lives and keeps me employed......And, As a bonus (here's where all the hate mail will come from), It's also quite satisfying and funny watching the dog that just tried to bite you, rub their nose over the ground like a furry heat seeking missile.

Before I go into a backyard, I ALWAYS knock on the front door. If there is no answer, I will say something before I enter the backyard. 99% of the time KUJO will come running, foaming at the mouth to greet me. However, there have been a few times where these devil dogs must have been napping or were deaf, .. I don't know, but they just didn't hear me come in the backyard. When the moment came that we discovered each other, I'm glad I had my paint stick with me. A puff of paint to the nose can buy you enough time to escape with all you came with.
    Last edited by second notice; December 13th, 2013 at 01:56 AM.

Years of Experience

How to Raise the Perfect Dog

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Just a word of warning - anyone I find abusing or hurting ANY animal will end up with a screwdriver in their forehead.

Don't screw up.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post
    Just a word of warning - anyone I find abusing or hurting ANY animal will end up with a screwdriver in their forehead.

Don't screw up.
    epic-fail-guy-ruin.jpg

What a lovely holiday sentiment.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by jayc View Post

Don't screw up.
    Hey jayc - Pun intended?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Yahoo, your stories are priceless sir. Post away.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Hey jayc - Pun intended?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Didn't even think about it, just needed to put something in their instead of an f bomb.

Years of Experience

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast