• Sometimes after work I smoke hippy hay

1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Do You Smoke?

Years of Experience

Question Do You Smoke?

I noticed a lot of locators smoke cigarettes while locating. Is this true for everyone?

Years of Experience

Default Re: Do You Smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I noticed a lot of locators smoke cigarettes while locating. Is this true for everyone?
    What's this I hear? Smoking?

Count me in!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Copenhagen! :-) :-) :-) From experience I noticed that all locators have some type of vice to help deal with the stress.of the job.

Years of Experience

I don't smoke but I do grow my own tobacco and make my own chew.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I have seen a few smoke and locate at the same time. Most people has both their hands busy with the receiver and paint stick. Along with carrying extra can of paint, flags, etc.

I think it takes a real strong addiction to locate and smoke at the same time.

I would not try to hook up at a gas meter with a lit cigarette in my mouth, seen too many meters leaking gas.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post

I would not try to hook up at a gas meter with a lit cigarette in my mouth, seen too many meters leaking gas.
    Most would think those meters are leaking. Truth is that it's most likely the pressure regulator venting the extra pressure down.
    Last edited by superman; September 22nd, 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Years of Experience

we have some smokers in my office but never seen them do it while working or locating....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

I had quit smoking for 7 yrs.
    I fell into locating as a profession and started smoking again during my first year as a locator. That was back in.... hmmm..... aww $41t... I forget what year I started..... Been a long blurry time.
    Did quit drinkin tho.

Years of Experience

I used to smoke but I quit last year. I never smoked with a receiver in my hand.

I am weak when it comes to smoking because I quit three times in the past. I am not a militant non-smoker because I like the smell of all burnt tobacco. I know if I lite up one more it will take me years to quit again. It's weird that I can now smell a cigarette or doobie being smoked in a car in front of me while driving 70 mph down the highway. I do feel much better and have more spending cash since quitting. All the food I eat now has a taste that I never experienced while smoking.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    phoenix827 likes this.

Years of Experience

Sometimes, a lit cigarette, cigar, etc. is they ONLY thing that will keep away the mosquitoes, gnats, bees, flies and whatever the hell else is buzzing, flying or trying to bite my ass. About a month or so ago, I read that some of the larger plant growers are using nicotine based insecticides on plants being shipped to nursery's, Home Depot, Lowe's , etc. Made sense to me, but many people were complaining for some reason, I forget......I believe any type of "smoke" would probably work just the same, but wearing a tiki torch all day is not an option!

Years of Experience

Quit four years ago and miss it every day. But wing has it right, 1 puff and I will be back to 1 1/2 packs a day.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    I used to smoke but I quit last year. I never smoked with a receiver in my hand.

I am weak when it comes to smoking because I quit three times in the past. I am not a militant non-smoker because I like the smell of all burnt tobacco. I know if I lite up one more it will take me years to quit again. It's weird that I can now smell a cigarette or doobie being smoked in a car in front of me while driving 70 mph down the highway. I do feel much better and have more spending cash since quitting. All the food I eat now has a taste that I never experienced while smoking.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Ditto
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

I don't technically smoke anymore but I do use an e-cig on a regular basis. It's cheaper and I don't get that "I've been camping" smell. Actually started the e-cig during an unfortunate hiatus into cable installation. Amazing what a few discrete puffs can do to curb that "I wanna kill this customer" feeling. People ask me all the time if it really works and I tell them "I've been using it two and a half years and haven't killed anyone because of a nicotine craving rage yet". The only downside is that you have a limited number of places to go if you use a specific brand unlike Marlboro, camel etc. that you can find practically anywhere.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ohlocator View Post
    I don't technically smoke anymore but I do use an e-cig on a regular basis. It's cheaper and I don't get that "I've been camping" smell. Actually started the e-cig during an unfortunate hiatus into cable installation. Amazing what a few discrete puffs can do to curb that "I wanna kill this customer" feeling. People ask me all the time if it really works and I tell them "I've been using it two and a half years and haven't killed anyone because of a nicotine craving rage yet". The only downside is that you have a limited number of places to go if you use a specific brand unlike Marlboro, camel etc. that you can find practically anywhere.
    I have been thinking about trying these but I don't know where to start. I've tried watching a few videos online but I don't know what most of them are talking about. Tanks, batteries, vape, cartomizers, atomizers, egos. Can you give me some ideas on where to start? If you would you can do it on pms so we are not hijacking this thread

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDodds View Post
    I have been thinking about trying these but I don't know where to start. I've tried watching a few videos online but I don't know what most of them are talking about. Tanks, batteries, vape, cartomizers, atomizers, egos. Can you give me some ideas on where to start? If you would you can do it on pms so we are not hijacking this thread
    I would like to know also. If I start on those, I may have to change my handle to the e-cig man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast