Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Digital Camera for Personal Use?

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Digital Camera for Personal Use?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, Mike.

Sounds like a nice camera! That would be nice to have one that is shock proof. I'll probably drop this thing 50 times... I knew I would find out about something better after I placed my order... just the kind of luck I have! Thanks again Mike.
    Now that you have placed your order, the company gave me a Fuji FinePix XP200 | Fujifilm Global

waterproof, shock proof, dust proof, freeze proof..etc... =) takes great pictures at disney world too

mke
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Mark ...when you come by the house I will give you one that you can take back home with you ....LOL !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Now that you have placed your order, the company gave me a Fuji FinePix XP200 | Fujifilm Global

waterproof, shock proof, dust proof, freeze proof..etc... =) takes great pictures at disney world too

mke

Mke ....you said that on purpose just to make me respond....LOL
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That would be a good idea Daman, but I don't have a smart phone. I don't even own a cell phone. I have a free google voice # for texting. I have heard of people getting raped for roaming charges when in Mexico too. The hotel I'm staying at will have wifi for my iPad (for 37 bucks)... I connect to the online world via iPad only.

I just said the hell with it and ordered this one from Amazon:

Amazon.com : Canon PowerShot A2500 16MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 2.7-Inch LCD (Red) : Point And Shoot Digital Cameras : Camera & Photo

I get sick of looking and searching for hours and hours so I just ordered one. It was ranked high on some site so I went with it. For 90 bucks I think it will do the trick.

I'll try to remember this thread after I get back and post some pics of my trip I took with my el cheapo camera. I warn you tho- I am a sexy bastard.
    I hope I don't have to eat my words on the PowerShot recommendation. I still think it's a good camera.
    yahoo likes this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I think anymore, as with computers, the basics are all the same and the quality is comparable throughout. It is when you start getting the bells and whistles that you start seeing the price go up. I think you'll be happy with your new camera.
    Mark and UULC like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    30+

The Cannon PowerShot I have has so many bells and whistles I will never use them all. The pictures will not go low enough in size to attach to our tickets. Awesome pictures though. I just want a point and shoot myself.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    The Cannon PowerShot I have has so many bells and whistles I will never use them all. The pictures will not go low enough in size to attach to our tickets. Awesome pictures though. I just want a point and shoot myself.
    I don't know if you can use it but there is an app called SayCheese that will reduce the file size of photos but at the expense of resolution.

Years of Experience

hey UULC....when I come back to Disney World I will come pick up that camera ..if you still have it . ...ha !
    Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    Mark I have a camera I will sell you for $50 + shipping.

Canon PowerShot A590 IS review - CNET

Years of Experience

So my camera came a few days early.

I really like the idea of having a rechargeable battery and an "eco" mode on this thing. The one detail I overlooked was - there isn't any internal memory. Shit! So I went to best buy and bought a 16 mb card for 17 bucks. total cost is now around $107.00 to take pictures. Upload to my iPad? Special cable for a special price, another 29 bucks. Shit! But it looks really simple to operate. Zoom in or out and click the button on top. Everything else is automatic. Amazing how much technology is in these little camera's. Here's the first few pics from my backyard (testing). I hosted on tinypic.

Years of Experience

Nice pics really nice back yard what is that 3-400 acres of beans? where the hell are the dairy cows at

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Nice pics really nice back yard what is that 3-400 acres of beans? where the hell are the dairy cows at
    Yep, those are beans. Not my beans tho.

Cows are in the barn. The cows are all around me. I smell cow shit all the time. It kinda smells good now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12