Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you see this e-mail?

Default Re: Did you see this e-mail?

Like I've stated before. I use to work in a union district for over 10 years. The union did NOTHING but cause problems. Senior techs get all the work when its slow and the ones lower on the pole have to go home. Regardless of area. Lazy techs doing 1 ticket a day gets paid the same as other techs doing 50 tickets a day. When the company denied raises, took away double time, on call pay, minimum 2 hours for call outs, overtime after 8 hours, gps in every truck, no using ac or heat in your trucjk while on lunche etc., the union did absolutely NOTHING. For 4 YEARS the union has been trying to come to terms with a new contract and so far the company has denied every single thing. Why? Because the union leaders as well as the paying members have no back bone to go on strike. They never have since their existence and they never will. Take it from my point of view. Seeing over 10 years of the union tucking tail and running the other way. Save your money!

my question to you is what have you done about it locator00566. do you go to the union meetings, did you stand up and say something about what is going on. did you try and run for office in the union. if you answer no to anyone of these then you have no right to say anything about your problems. I will be one of the first ones to stick it to this company like they have done it to most of us. if we get enough people to stand up like the former locator did then this company that has TWO coo's will run a lot different soon

did anyone get a new email from the company yet?

Quote Originally Posted by giving everything View Post
    my question to you is what have you done about it locator00566. do you go to the union meetings, did you stand up and say something about what is going on. did you try and run for office in the union. if you answer no to anyone of these then you have no right to say anything about your problems. I will be one of the first ones to stick it to this company like they have done it to most of us. if we get enough people to stand up like the former locator did then this company that has TWO coo's will run a lot different soon

did anyone get a new email from the company yet?
    Yes to all your questions. Go back and read all of my 300 + post. They are all negative towards the company. The only thing worse than working for USIC was working for USIC in a union district.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post

I do agree with Steve that the only way our industry will ever be able to pay more is if there is a standardized certification that would help the utility companies see the importance of our jobs and stop with all the low ball gets the job attitude.
    But what would happen to "YAHOO" ?

He is so far down there in deliverance territory, what would happen to the certification folk if they got sent down there ?!

My Word !!!

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    Like I've stated before. I use to work in a union district for over 10 years. The union did NOTHING but cause problems. Senior techs get all the work when its slow and the ones lower on the pole have to go home. Regardless of area. Lazy techs doing 1 ticket a day gets paid the same as other techs doing 50 tickets a day. When the company denied raises, took away double time, on call pay, minimum 2 hours for call outs, overtime after 8 hours, gps in every truck, no using ac or heat in your trucjk while on lunche etc., the union did absolutely NOTHING. For 4 YEARS the union has been trying to come to terms with a new contract and so far the company has denied every single thing. Why? Because the union leaders as well as the paying members have no back bone to go on strike. They never have since their existence and they never will. Take it from my point of view. Seeing over 10 years of the union tucking tail and running the other way. Save your money!
    I m going to give you a +on you rep power for sharing this.... I just had to joke a little with all the negatives floating around...

I was under the same rule b4 venturing back north...

I never paid dues to that Mickey Mouse representation anyway... as the srews turned it was a good time to make an exit...

Locator00566 what area did you work that was union? Where you in NC?

Years of Experience

I am not a slacker by any means. I work extremely hard in a challenging area daily, and still am number 1 in production, number 3 in damage free days in my district, and have trained new employees after 2 years in the field. I have been a lead tech, reduced cost when the supervisor was out, showed initiative, motivated my fellow teammates, and tried to keep a positive attitude in my work. I am good at my job, I enjoy the work, I like being challenged daily.
    With all this being said, I still feel as worthless as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. I see a bonus program that equates to an extra 1.25 a day, a reduction in force even though the work load is steadily increasing, and a lack of local leadership pushing employees to do better, or helping as needed.
    I have only worked for a union once, over 14 years ago, where we had a steady increase in wages, and our backs were covered, not tossed aside like garbage of something went wrong. I don't necessarily agree that we should be union, but something has to give here before another batch of employees find themselves stuck doing what they used to enjoy but now find almost detestable. This company is making enough money to help out those that are making money for it. Without locator's hard sweat and bruised feet, not one of these top people would have a job here.
    I say try for the union, it may be the only way that this company will actually be able to listen to the demands of it's employees. With that being said, it will not make a difference unless there is a union strictly for underground locators. While you may make 20 per hour, your fellow union employees who are electricians are making 40. Do you think that the rep understands that you feel your needs are being met? Probably not, but at least you will have a voice for your concerns.
    I am writing this not to incite a jump onto unions, but to let you know, yes we are all frustrated here.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Yes to all your questions. Go back and read all of my 300 + post. They are all negative towards the company.
    Aint that the truth. Blah Blah Blah, USIC is Bad, we get it.....
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    Aint that the truth. Blah Blah Blah, USIC is Bad, we get it.....

Don't hurt yourself Ms. Icantfindit

Years of Experience

We need to all set a day where either no one comes in or everyone actually does there locate the way usic book goes by. Double accessing everything, informing homeowners/contractors of what's buried and limits they have ect.
    So if you normally do 10 a day then just do 5. Let the late tickets build and the damages roll in.

Years of Experience

"I believe Senator Frank Lautenberg is involved in this industry... http://lautenberg.senate.gov/contact/ "

I have to agree. Even if you think that nothing will come of a message to your Congress Person, they know that they have been contacted, that the contact is 'on paper', and they do take it seriously. And, it would be a boost to the lobbyists pounding the ground on behalf of the good fight. I'd just say, 'do it', and I am making a note to do it myself, and share my thoughts after 17+ years watching the evolution of the contract locating biz. Go ya'll

Amen!!!!
    GOD BLESS THE USA & the Damage Prevention Techs that are the heartbeat of the Utility industry.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    OPINIONS ARE LIKE A-HOLES EVERYONE HAS ONE.

Can I give another AMEN!!!!!!
    GOD BLESS THE USA & the Damage Prevention Techs that are the heartbeat of the Utility industry.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    OPINIONS ARE LIKE A-HOLES EVERYONE HAS ONE.

i saw this e-mail also and all i can say is if we go union where i locate i would quit. i have been an operating engineer and a teamster and they did nothing for me ,i also have a great sup he is the reason i stay district management is the problem.i truley believe our district manager literally hates us all we are are thieves and liars to him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123