Thread: Desperate Measures for Desperate Times

Years of Experience

Default Desperate Measures for Desperate Times

Desperate Sheetrock Worker Kills Builder Over Owed Money

JACKSON COUNTY, Mo. -- A dispute about money led a sheet rock worker to shoot and kill another man, authorities said Tuesday.

Jeffery Scott Sterling, 40, who the victim owned money, walked out of the Jackson County Courthouse Tuesday afternoon charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action in the death of Jerry Thompson, 43, at his home on Colbern Road.

Jackson County prosecutors said on Monday, Sterling, of Blue Springs, went to Thompson's house, which was under construction, to talk about money.

At least three other men were also there working on the house. The men told police they heard the sheet rocker, "Jeff," arguing with Thompson and then they heard three to four gunshots.

Witnesses said they saw a black handgun in Sterling's hand.

Thompson, of Blue Springs, was shot multiple times and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Sterling fled in his pickup and went to Lake Jacomo where he called 911, according to authorities.

He said he had been trying to collect $1,100 for a month and that Thompson was the last straw.

It took two hours, but negotiators convinced Sterling to surrender, they said.

---------------------------------------------------------

My sister-in-law knows this Thompson family very well. A good christian family with kids in private school. Jerry Thompson has survived the residential building stoppage to this point by providing quality homes and catering to people flush with cash. The killer probably figured the builder could go back to the well and pull up $1,100 with ease.

Default Re: Desperate Measures for Desperate Times

There was more wrong that just the $1,100. Something else was wrong with him(Sterling).
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

i agree....something else was going on in the background...poor guy.....crazy how life turns out for some of us.......??????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Maybe he really did owe him the money? I have friend that owns a construction company and has not found work in over a year. Of course he is not killing anyone. And people owe him money too! Maybe he should just do like Sterling and pump a few rounds through their brains! Times are hard. Alot of developers in my area will not pay their contractors because it would cut into their cash reserves. So they are being sued, but that will take 2 years to settle. And they think things will change by then. But no with OBAMA in the Whitehouse.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!