Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Denied because of bad credit?

Years of Experience

Default Re: Denied because of bad credit?

BBQ.......now you talking my language
    Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Matt, here is an option for you. Assume the other guys I dentity, and when UQ denies you, sue them for discrimination...... Just invite us to the BBQ after you get the settlement money.

mke
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

I know this issue had more to do with an erroneous background report, but I wanted to share this artcle from the WSJ. It sights that more and more employers are conducting background AND credit checks, and then they are making hiring decisions based on that info. Like it or not, it's happening.

Years of Experience

well there you have it.............welcome to the new age!!!!!! good luck
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by MOJO View Post
    I know this issue had more to do with an erroneous background report, but I wanted to share this artcle from the WSJ. It sights that more and more employers are conducting background AND credit checks, and then they are making hiring decisions based on that info. Like it or not, it's happening.
    Yes, and as we have seen the quality of these reports vary. Bad credit does not necessarily make for a bad employee.

Due to the economy I have also seen numerous pre-qualifications on jobs such as a college degree. Now employers are putting college degree requirements on jobs you do not go to college for. They think this will get them a better employee but this is actually self defeating. People who go to college did not go so they could get these jobs and will leave at the first chance. They only take jobs like these to get money in while they make applications elsewhere in the field they studied for.

I can understand the criminal background report as we as part of our jobs enter peoples yards. I asked one foreman "You do know that two of your locators are pedophiles registered as sex offenders?".

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I think generalizing that all Locators with a degree only become a locator to get money, till they find their actual career is misleading. I think most people who became locators became locators to earn money to hold them over till they find a career.

I don't think any of us came out of high school saying........" hmmm, I wanna be a utility locator"

Also, Only the smart ones with a degree leave locating. I have a degree, and i'm still locating...

mke

Years of Experience

i was about to say the same thing!!!!!! hahahhahahhahhahahhaaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123