Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December 21, 2012

Years of Experience

Default December 21, 2012

December 21, 2012

There has been much talk that the ancient Mayans predicted the end of the world with their Long Count calendar. It has even been refined down to a specific date when humanity is supposed to cease to exist.

Now that we are almost half way through 2012, December 12, 2012 is fast approaching. This doomsday message has become quite popular. The subject of 21 December 2012 has spawned thousands of websites, blogs, books, and at least a couple of movies; including a major motion picture by Mel Gibson titled, Apocalypto.

The supposed cause (or causes) of this wanton, wholesale destruction ranges from a Planet "X" near flyby... to a "killer" solar flare... to geomagnetic reversal... to a half-dozen (or more) other things. Any one of which, alone, would have catastrophic effects.

And these fears are being further fueled by the very real fact that 2011 saw some of the deadliest natural disasters on record, all in the same year.

I don't personally believe anything so drastic is going to happen. I think 22 December 2012 will be here and it will be just another day closer to Christmas Day.

So what do you think? Do you believe that the end of the world is near?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: December 21, 2012

I say let it come. No more locating or anything........ Just Saying.

Can I have your stuff?

Years of Experience

Not Biblical. Don't buy it.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Years of Experience

This calendar was created by people that thought human sacrifice would appease the gods. What the heck did they know. No nothing is going to happen on dec 21 2012. Its still fun to talk about though. If something was to happen I think it will be a nuclear terror attack or something like that. Maybe economical collapse. I am a bit of a prepper. Ive got lots of stuff stockpiled just in case. If something were to happen I would sure like to be able to protect and feed my family

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDodds View Post
    This calendar was created by people that thought human sacrifice would appease the gods. What the heck did they know. No nothing is going to happen on dec 21 2012. Its still fun to talk about though. If something was to happen I think it will be a nuclear terror attack or something like that. Maybe economical collapse. I am a bit of a prepper. Ive got lots of stuff stockpiled just in case. If something were to happen I would sure like to be able to protect and feed my family

Lots of stuff is gonna happen.

We'll all get up and go to work. We'll get caught in traffic. We'll eat lunch. Some of us will get rained on, others baked under the sun, some will get frozen. We'll go home at watch some TV. Some of us will get a paycheck. Birds will sing. Toilets will get clogged. Politicians will still be crooked. Girls will play hopscotch and boys will play baseball.

Every day is someone's prediction of the 'end of the world'.

It could happen before then

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLeatherneck View Post
    Not Biblical. Don't buy it.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Wing...I was starting to get nervous that you haven't come up with something good lately....I am so glad you proved me wrong. ha!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Yeah but some people with actual mayan ancestry are saying that the current view of thier calander is actually warped and based on false interpretations.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    Wing...I was starting to get nervous that you haven't come up with something good lately....I am so glad you proved me wrong. ha!
    Hey yahoo - Luv ya Man! I haven't been able to participate in theVine or much of anything lately. I've spent many late night hours and weekends the past six weeks on a twelve mile fiber project cutting through the heart of my most challenging residential neighborhoods. I am responsible for every utility along the way; telephone, CATV, electricity, gas, local school system fiber plant, storm, sanitary & water lines. Staying ahead of three contractors with bore rigs on top of staying current on my Routines has this fat dog worn slick. Sometime in July this fiber project will be over; but I will be responsible for yet another fiber plant in it's wake. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I've been notified by the city that in August I have a two mile water main replacement project along another challenging street in my area to look forward too....... It appears I will have plenty to do all the way to 21 December 2012 and beyond. Hey Buddy, keep me in your prayers.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; June 17th, 2012 at 05:39 PM.

Years of Experience
    30+

Wing

Not working any NASCAR?

Years of Experience

sure thing bud ...you hang in there !!!! I would say maybe you should get some help for all that but then you would think I started locating yesterday....hahaahhaha LOL !!! you been doing this so long now I am sure this is just a drop in the bucket...ha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Hey yahoo - Luv ya Man! I haven't been able to participate in theVine or much of anything lately. I've spent many late night hours and weekends the past six weeks on a twelve mile fiber project cutting through the heart of my most challenging residential neighborhoods. I am responsible for every utility along the way; telephone, CATV, electricity, gas, local school system fiber plant, storm, sanitary & water lines. Staying ahead of three contractors with bore rigs on top of staying current on my Routines has this fat dog worn slick. Sometime in July this fiber project will be over; but I will be responsible for yet another fiber plant in it's wake. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I've been notified by the city that in August I have a two mile water main replacement project along another challenging street in my area to look forward too....... It appears I will have plenty to do all the way to 21 December 2012 and beyond. Hey Buddy, keep me in your prayers.

----------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    Wing

Not working any NASCAR?
    Hey UULC - This fiber project I discussed with yahoo has prevented my participation this May and June with a NASCAR truck race in Ft Worth, TX, a sporty car race in Denver, a NHRA national event drag race in Topeka, KS, two events at Rusty Wallace's .9 mile asphalt oval track in Newton, Iowa and a couple of World of Outlaw dirt bowl evenings. (The World of Outlaws - Man, that's racing!)

When It's Dry, Drive It In! But,

Since 2005, I have expressed an interest every year with my west coast Goodyear race tire distributor to work the NASCAR June weekend in Sonoma, California (San Francisco area) but I have never gotten on the ticket. This year has been no exception. I am signed up for the next three races at Rusty Wallace's track, but the way it's looking, I may not be able to work another NASCAR race until the October race in Kansas City.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kasey Kahne Racing's #9 World of Outlaws sprint car
    Joey Saldana driver - Photo taken in Las Vegas, NV

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; June 18th, 2012 at 01:57 AM.

Years of Experience

Well, since the Mayan calender was created around 3300BC, but leap years weren't started until the 1500's, we may already be dead.
    Last edited by utiliquesternomo; June 18th, 2012 at 07:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast