Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Daily Beef

It goes without saying that homeowners are mostly ignorant of how the one-call/locating process works. They have no concept that productivity is as important in our line of work as it may be in their line of work.

South Kansas

Hell my sup is pretty ignorant. Hell I never leave my house or take pictures but he has never caught me or said a word about it. Nobody seems to be watching at all. Total idiots!

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by JKlien View Post
    Hell my sup is pretty ignorant. Hell I never leave my house or take pictures but he has never caught me or said a word about it. Nobody seems to be watching at all. Total idiots!
    Probably not had any cuts to need any of that data...

But one day you will end up on the radar...

Then

And you also said that you add time to your tickets so you don't have to help your fellow locators. You know what, I think we have a new name for an old nemesis - Hello Justice! It's nice to know that your attitude comes thru no matter what name you use. I may be wrong, but I don't believe I am - Steve, keep an eye on this guy
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Steve at TheCableVine:

I am inclined to agree with SPRAY on this individuals entries.

What value is he adding to the forum. His entries, whether true or not-and I am not believing they are, are all negative. They certainly detract from what is an otherwise enjoyable forum.

Years of Experience

Default Re: The Daily Beef

I haven't finished my two mile long VRAD project and I just got a one mile 48 inch sewer main relay job in a really congested area called in.

Do like i did on when i was locating power. the h.o. comes out says what are you doing, u say de-energizing the service. We have not revieved a payment in three months so no money no power!! haha

Years of Experience
    na

I get a ticket at a residence in a neighborhood a new water line was recently installed in the neighborhood....

Ticket says mark right side of house property around the existing water pump house...The new meterbox is straight out at road near property line and directly in front sort of a no brainer and assume making sure the area between the 2 points is all thats needed...Well Ms homeowner is standing in door watching me mark a main phone line and even picked up the pump hs electric I dotted only...So i figured what the hec and gestured for her to come out to confirm this is the only area necessary...I asked are you just going to the pump house and not all the way to the house???And she said are they going to run the line all the way to the house???I was like who are they???She said I dont know your a man you should know...I was like your the homeowner and all I want to do is make sure your not running all the way back to the house...She says I m a woman i dont know this stuff...I said well all genders aside its about common sense thats all see theres a pipe feeding water to the house already from the pump house are you going to tie into that or run a new line all the way out to the meter box???
    Response was i dont know my husband knows that...

I did the OK nevermind i m just marking what your ticket says...And Im outa here...Geez!!!

I could of marked half the frikin neighborhood instead of "the whos on first scenario" its classic always...

Next I pull up to a dumpster the other day at my apartments leave the drivers side door open while throwing away emptys and trash...So i got this trash box on the paassenger side go to get that and a frikin boxer comes running acrossed the parking lot fast but not at me so i didnt need to react into defense mode but the sucker jumped in my drivers side and proceeded to take possession of my seat by laying there...I couldnt shoo his ass away..I yelled and waved and he would nt budge...Just wagged his tail...He was probably 60 lbs and didnt seem mean but i know if i had tugged on him he might bite for invading his I mean my space...So this guy at the bldg nearby i stick my hands out like is this thing yours...He had to go to the other end of the apartment bldg for a few minutes to get the owner to come out...The guy had no clue his dog was out...The dog dug his claws into my computer desk and was reluctant to leave even with his owner getting him...

I NEVER!!!!

I was going to go cry to the office and complain but i already have a bad reputation for that and they dont pay much mind to me anymore...

So that would have been a wasted cause...

Last edited by USIC1; June 11th, 2008 at 09:03 PM.

He must have gotten a whiff of something really strange in your seat You know dogs really like dead,rotting meat types of smells

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

sniff...sniff...smells like wet feet & ass!
    Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I get a ticket at a residence in a neighborhood a new water line was recently installed in the neighborhood....

Ticket says mark right side of house property around the existing water pump house...The new meterbox is straight out at road near property line and directly in front sort of a no brainer and assume making sure the area between the 2 points is all thats needed...Well Ms homeowner is standing in door watching me mark a main phone line and even picked up the pump hs electric I dotted only...So i figured what the hec and gestured for her to come out to confirm this is the only area necessary...I asked are you just going to the pump house and not all the way to the house???And she said are they going to run the line all the way to the house???I was like who are they???She said I dont know your a man you should know...I was like your the homeowner and all I want to do is make sure your not running all the way back to the house...She says I m a woman i dont know this stuff...I said well all genders aside its about common sense thats all see theres a pipe feeding water to the house already from the pump house are you going to tie into that or run a new line all the way out to the meter box???
    Response was i dont know my husband knows that...

I did the OK nevermind i m just marking what your ticket says...And Im outa here...Geez!!!

I could of marked half the frikin neighborhood instead of "the whos on first scenario" its classic always...

Next I pull up to a dumpster the other day at my apartments leave the drivers side door open while throwing away emptys and trash...So i got this trash box on the paassenger side go to get that and a frikin boxer comes running acrossed the parking lot fast but not at me so i didnt need to react into defense mode but the sucker jumped in my drivers side and proceeded to take possession of my seat by laying there...I couldnt shoo his ass away..I yelled and waved and he would nt budge...Just wagged his tail...He was probably 60 lbs and didnt seem mean but i know if i had tugged on him he might bite for invading his I mean my space...So this guy at the bldg nearby i stick my hands out like is this thing yours...He had to go to the other end of the apartment bldg for a few minutes to get the owner to come out...The guy had no clue his dog was out...The dog dug his claws into my computer desk and was reluctant to leave even with his owner getting him...

I NEVER!!!!

I was going to go cry to the office and complain but i already have a bad reputation for that and they dont pay much mind to me anymore...

So that would have been a wasted cause...

OH, THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER...DON'T YOU HATE EM!

i AM KIND OF THINKING THAT SOMEONE SHOULD GATHER ALL THE FUNNY STORIES/STUPID STUFF THAT HAPPEN TO US IN A DAY AND PUT THEM IN A BOOK.
    Last edited by underground quester; June 12th, 2008 at 12:31 AM.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    OH, THE DOG DAYS OF SUMMER...DON'T YOU HATE EM!

i AM KIND OF THINKING THAT SOMEONE SHOULD GATHER ALL THE FUNNY STORIES/STUPID STUFF THAT HAPPEN TO US IN A DAY AND PUT THEM IN A BOOK.
    UGQ... can we elect you to be our writer?

Years of Experience
    na

I got the second letter for my rebate check last Saturday saying it would be here by the 13th...

WELL???

It aint here yet...

Can I charge interest now???

[QUOTE=USIC1;2171]I got the second letter for my rebate check last Saturday saying it would be here by the 13th...

WELL???

It aint here yet...

[/QUOTE

I got mine

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I got the second letter for my rebate check last Saturday saying it would be here by the 13th...

WELL???

It aint here yet...

Sounds like the new USIC and the IRS are one in the same.....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast