Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Daily Beef

loc.art, What in the HELL does the union have to do with the topic. We were sharing stories of how homeowners give us crap about what we do to make a living. SO from now on keep your union $#!t in a thread for union topics. Wait......there isn't one yet.......I wonder why. We were having fun with this until 15 seconds of constant scrolling appeared. So PLEASE, and I mean PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE stop it. This is coming from a former union steward for more than 5 years in a different industry. Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited by 2RUDE; June 21st, 2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: .

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    loc.art, What in the HELL does the union have to do with the topic. We were sharing stories of how homeowners give us crap about what we do to make a living. SO from now on keep your union $#!t in a thread for union topics. Wait......there isn't one yet.......I wonder why. We were having fun with this until 15 seconds of constant scrolling appeared. So PLEASE, and I mean PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE stop it. This is coming from a former union steward for more than 5 years in a different industry. Thank you and have a nice day.
    Thank you strongly put

The Quality department keeps all that good stuff to themselves. To give to their clients when they are out playing golf with them during work hours
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    locatingart what would Darin do if he knew you were spending all your time spreading all this union crap around. It's pretty obvious your out of the Milwaukee office.

BTW I would have just sent this in a PM but for some reason you decided to turn your PM's off.
    RoadMap: Why did you lode your job?
    Locatingart: Union!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Had one Friday - pull up to a house, get out get my equipment and start walking up to a house and an elderly gentleman is on his porch and asks "Can I help you?" Well, the 1st thing that popped up in my mind was this thread, soooo, I answered "Yeah, you can come throw flags for me if you want!" Let me tell you, I wish I had had my camera ready to take a picture of his face - it was priceless! When I left, he was still wondering what I was doing! I gotta start doing this s___t more often!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

When someone comes out of their house and asks "can I help you?", I just say "no".

Talking

I always hold out my bag and tell them they can carry it for me if they want to help.

South Kansas

i usually just get back in my truck and clear out the ticket. I did not sign up to talk to people

Quote Originally Posted by JKlien View Post
    i usually just get back in my truck and clear out the ticket. I did not sign up to talk to people

No kidding. I hate when people want to come out and chat. They act like all we do the rest of the day is just sit around drinking coffee and waiting for them to call for a locate.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JKlien View Post
    Actually, yes you did. The job requires you to talk to contractors, homeowners, and facility owners on a regular basis for a variety of reasons, and your job consists of providing a service and doing it in a proffessional manner. If some of you guys are actually out there doing this stuff it's no wonder it's no wonder the locating industry isn't taken seriously.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience
    na

They deserve the courtesy of knowing what your doing in there yard...

But it does nt need to be sugar coated...I splatter it out real quick and start doing my thing even before the secondary questions come they better start following for any further answers...I dont stand there waiting...

I say- "got to keep moving already late on some other tickets...Someone could get killed...Would you like to have that on your conscience?????

Years of Experience
    30+

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    They deserve the courtesy of knowing what your doing in there yard...

But it does nt need to be sugar coated...I splatter it out real quick and start doing my thing even before the secondary questions come they better start following for any further answers...I dont stand there waiting...

I say- "got to keep moving already late on some other tickets...Someone could get killed...Would you like to have that on your conscience?????

That is the way. Less talk and keep moving. You get less trouble. Still the HO will call in on you and said you were rude and walked off.

Years of Experience
    na

What happened to all the OT...

I dont know what to do with myself these days...

Works dried up...

You can have some of mine!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast