Years of Experience

Default Re: The Daily Beef

What is bring changed now?

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    USIC made the news in Wisconsin last week. A contractor was putting in a field drain tile and hit a frontier fiber. It took out 911 in a couple of counties, internet in other parts. From the new it stated the contractor had a legal dig ticket and did not jump it. the new said it was not marked. USIC has been quiet about it so not sure if there were notes and such on the ticket.
    If this is anything like the damages in this area, the company will never make a statement on what happened. You will only have the Contractors "Knee Jerk" response, "Locator's at fault!"

Even if it was a cut and dry mis-mark, you won't have any response from the locate company stating that, "There was a systemic gap in communication and we are working to isolate the issue so this will not be an issue in the future." They just remain silent so it appears that the locating is always the issue.

The good news, if it isn't a locating issue, the company will still pay half.

mke

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

The other day it was in the high 50's and pulled up to a new cell tower locate. there were mounds of dirty and almost 3 dozen turkeys on or around the mounds. I spotted a blue necked turkey. I have never seen one before His neck was taller than the other turkeys. When the turkeys started moving off I saw the plume. It was not a turkey. It was a peacock.
    phoenix827 and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I am thinking kids now are checking the glass door site and more before taking jobs. USIC in southern WI has had such a hard time getting their quota filled that they had to hold a job fair in Madison,WI for three days. Also heard a guy with 17 years in decided it was enough. These locate companies do not like us tenured techs, but it will bite them in the ass some day. The upcoming talent just doesn't want to put in the time.
    TheCableVine and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Tennessee General Assembly Legislation

went brain dead on how to find the url address lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ga-logo.jpg  

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    Tennessee General Assembly Legislation

went brain dead on how to find the url address lol
    "Weapons - As enacted, provides immunity from civil liability to a person, business, or other entity that owns, controls, or manages property and has the authority to prohibit weapons on that property by positing, with respect to any claim based on the person's, business's, or other entity's failure to adopt such a policy. "

ARE YOU FRIGGEN KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?! Am I reading this right? , post a no guns on prop sign and you don't have to take responsibility for anything that happns when people can't defend themselves?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix827 View Post
    "Weapons - As enacted, provides immunity from civil liability to a person, business, or other entity that owns, controls, or manages property and has the authority to prohibit weapons on that property by positing, with respect to any claim based on the person's, business's, or other entity's failure to adopt such a policy. "

ARE YOU FRIGGEN KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?! Am I reading this right? , post a no guns on prop sign and you don't have to take responsibility for anything that happns when people can't defend themselves?
    nevermind, I read it backwards! DOH!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213