Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Daily Beef

Years of Experience

Default Re: The Daily Beef

Today's beef? NO COMMUNICATION!!!!! Found out thru the company newsletter that we had a co-worker hit on a markout and sent to the hosp, bad enough for a broken leg and ribs. This was in AUGUST and we found out 2 weeks ago! Also found out another accident last week took out another locator for a little while with back injuries. at least this one came thru the rumor mill in less then a week, NO communication from management! I can't fault my boss, he is out of the loop almost as bad as we are. no update to the dispatch notes since August either, used to see something useful in there every couple weeks.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix827 View Post
    Today's beef? NO COMMUNICATION!!!!! Found out thru the company newsletter that we had a co-worker hit on a markout and sent to the hosp, bad enough for a broken leg and ribs. This was in AUGUST and we found out 2 weeks ago! Also found out another accident last week took out another locator for a little while with back injuries. at least this one came thru the rumor mill in less then a week, NO communication from management! I can't fault my boss, he is out of the loop almost as bad as we are. no update to the dispatch notes since August either, used to see something useful in there every couple weeks.
    That must be USIC over there in CT. They don't communicate anything over here in the corn belt either.

Years of Experience
    na

Locating - its like a D-day that never ends... nobody knows who s getting slammed with tickets... whos taking damage hits... who the casualties are...

we re just given the order charge... like a ton of dung getting dropped from 40000 ft... where it ends up nobody knows...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    That must be USIC over there in CT. They don't communicate anything over here in the corn belt either.

Nope, On Target

Years of Experience

Todays daily beef. Man, where did I go wrong?

I found out that the local Synergy One locator around my area got the lead tech position yesterday. He has about 4 months total of locating experience. I have helped him with problem solving, questions he's had, etc. He is now making more on the hour then me with 15 yrs experience!!! He received over $5.00 more on the hour and got a brand new fully decked out SUV. The one he had was new when he started 4 months ago.

How long can Synergy One continue to throw money away?

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Todays daily beef. Man, where did I go wrong?

I found out that the local Synergy One locator around my area got the lead tech position yesterday. He has about 4 months total of locating experience. I have helped him with problem solving, questions he's had, etc. He is now making more on the hour then me with 15 yrs experience!!! He received over $5.00 more on the hour and got a brand new fully decked out SUV. The one he had was new when he started 4 months ago.

How long can Synergy One continue to throw money away?
    There a couple of ways things like this happen.

Most likely in this case; Related by blood or relationship to someone upstairs who makes these decisions.

Not applicable in this case; Is a moderately good locator, or not so good at all, and promoting them does not diminish the capacity to get tickets marked and marked correctly. Leaving their best locators out marking tickets. Not likely in this case because a lead tech is supposed to be able to help out on difficult locates where the regular locator is having trouble. With only 4 months experience this guy will soon drown. So when he calls you for how to do something his is the lead tech, he is supposed to inform you, you are not supposed to inform him.
    phoenix827 likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    With only 4 months experience this guy will soon drown. So when he calls you for how to do something his is the lead tech, he is supposed to inform you, you are not supposed to inform him.
    I should rephrase.

I work for USIC and have been helping him with his troubles. Not sure if I want to do that anymore, but then again, I do not want Frontier back.

Years of Experience

Since when does lead tech get 5+ an hour at any contract firm ever? I got .65 at vllc. And a new shiny SUV? Bastard! I dont even work there and I`m ready to quit here... Is this guy at least good at what he does? Like, never turn down on call, covers, weekends, traveling, holidays, etc. good?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoythefall View Post
    Since when does lead tech get 5+ an hour at any contract firm ever? I got .65 at vllc. And a new shiny SUV? Bastard! I dont even work there and I`m ready to quit here... Is this guy at least good at what he does? Like, never turn down on call, covers, weekends, traveling, holidays, etc. good?
    IDK, he hasn't been there long enough for any of that.

Years of Experience

Now you guys are complaining someone is making too much? Geez, some company starts paying their guys and you think it's wrong? Maybe you should've went over there when you had the chance!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
    Now you guys are complaining someone is making too much? Geez, some company starts paying their guys and you think it's wrong? Maybe you should've went over there when you had the chance!
    No, the complaint is that one was promoted to 'lead tech' which is a tech with top experience who can help other locators on tough jobs, take on tough projects and train noobies and is paid more an hour (did he write an additional $5 an hour?). The one promoted has 4 months experience locating and cannot help or train anyone, a complete noobie.

Years of Experience

One thing to inquire about is if the firm is operating an apprentice program. Utiliquest did this, and may still do, where they take a college grad, put them in the field as a trainee locator a few months and then make them something like an assistant manager. They still don't know enough to do a good job but they got that college degree.

Years of Experience

Todays daily beef,

Same as yesterday.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

USIC made the news in Wisconsin last week. A contractor was putting in a field drain tile and hit a frontier fiber. It took out 911 in a couple of counties, internet in other parts. From the new it stated the contractor had a legal dig ticket and did not jump it. the new said it was not marked. USIC has been quiet about it so not sure if there were notes and such on the ticket.
    UULC likes this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Did i hear it right that usic is changing their method of paying out on holidays again? Sound like they are starting with this new's day

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast