Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: The Daily Beef

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default The Daily Beef

Some home owners just don't understand the concept that there is more than one line in the ground than what they want located.

Went to a home and the HO said she just wanted the electric lines located (while pointing at the phone ped) I told her that gas also ran in the dig area. She insisted that all she needed was the electric lines that came out of that box (the phone ped). I had to explain to her that more than one utility ran through the front of her yard and she needed them all located if she was going to dig. It took about 10 minutes to get it across to her.
    LocatingAngel likes this.

So she was a rock with an IQ of 30?

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default homeowners

I had an elderly senior home owner last year who came storming out of her house demanding to know why I was attaching that device to her house. Was I listening in on her private conversations? Was I spying on her?

(Ya, I was... through the gas meter.)

The more I laughed at her, the madder she got. Had to leave before I totally came apart with laughter.

Years of Experience

I recieved an emergency CATV upgrade ticket at 2 PM today. This really isn't a big deal but what made me mad was the homeowner said the CATV had been temped out since this winter. If the damn thing has been temped out for 6 months then why do you need a one hour emergency to bury it.

Years of Experience

Dont have one today give it time

just tell the HO that you're checking for radiation leaks Or that you're shutting off the gas
    superman likes this.

Just tell the HO you are doing a utility survey for a new highway through the area
    LocatingAngel likes this.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Years of Experience
    na

I got my 9 month damage free incentive flashlight last week with its dead made in china batterys...

So instead of turning the other cheek for the second slap in the face I decided to drop my drawers and offer them tandem cheeks...

My apreciation from the damage incentive program...

All those millions in revenue and risk to high priorty facilities and we get cracker jack box items of apreciation...

GEEZ!!!!

Last edited by USIC1; May 15th, 2008 at 11:22 PM.
    superman likes this.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I got my 9 month damage free incentive flashlight last week with its dead made in china batterys...

So instead of turning the other cheek for the second slap in the face I decided to drop my drawers and offer them tandem cheeks...

My apreciation from the damage incentive program...

All those millions in revenue and risk to high priorty facilities and we get cracker jack box items of apreciation...

GEEZ!!!!

Wow, in three years I have NOT received one damage free ANYTHING. Have NOT even gotten an "atta boy", so dude....You are WAY ahead of me!!!! Show some appreciation will ya!!!

Wha HOO a flashlight. I bet you bragged about that one all the way to the dumpster!!!

Wait till the one year mark, I hear its a key chain... oh, but its got a fancy red light that lets you see the door lock on your locating vehicle...and dead batteries.

WELL worth bustin your butt for I'd say!!!

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    I had an elderly senior home owner last year who came storming out of her house demanding to know why I was attaching that device to her house. Was I listening in on her private conversations? Was I spying on her?

(Ya, I was... through the gas meter.)

The more I laughed at her, the madder she got. Had to leave before I totally came apart with laughter.
    That is the best one I've heard yet...

Years of Experience

for the first time i lost my cool with a ho.................she said i did something to her phone ped my made her phone not work anymore.........i explained to her there was not anything i could have done but she insisted and started to yell at me...............steve...............what can we do ????we are wrong no matter what and public servants...............that is my final answer....

Years of Experience

Exclamation

Mine is the onecall centers who tell the HO that we will locate thier private utilities and when we tell them no they say "Well that girl on the phone said you do!!"

Years of Experience

Angry

Pissed off I gotta work tomorrow. I've worked the last 9 weekends and really thought I could have this one off. I have 144 tickets on my board and there's no way I can take off tomorrow.

I guess five 70+ hour weeks will make for some decent checks but I'm just plain sick of it.

Banned

Default Go Union

Edited for spam
    Last edited by Goldenboy; May 16th, 2008 at 09:19 PM. Reason: removed spam

Years of Experience

locatingart what would Darin do if he knew you were spending all your time spreading all this union crap around. It's pretty obvious your out of the Milwaukee office.

BTW I would have just sent this in a PM but for some reason you decided to turn your PM's off.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast