Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CUS supervisors worried?

Years of Experience
    too many

Default Re: CUS supervisors worried?

come on now spray we all know that you have the privileged computer!!! let me know if you see any good job postings during the day ...oh and the bridge you talk about.......you forget ...I own it already!!!
    as far as the gpls thing...i assume that stands for GARLAND POWER AND LIGHT? IF THATS THE CAST WHO IS PAINTING FOR THEM NOW? HATE TO SAY IT BUT YOU F..K WITH SPRAY ...YOU F..K WITH ME AS WELL...

Quote Originally Posted by JACKnBORE View Post
    USIC supervisors should be just as worried. In Illinois CUS has better rapport than with newbie bosses at USIC. Kick some cool supervisors to the curb in Metro-east STL and see what happens. I've talked with a few USIC locators and they always act put out and that just reflects your stupid company policies. I said the other day on this blog that USIC will think they're gonna be the end all/be all rulers of the excavating world and there is gonna be ample amount of operating engineers to knock you off of your no depth giving/painting 4" duct 2' wide high horses. CUS guys are cool and they will be remembered where they come from when they start driving those trucks that look like Domino's delivery.
    Just another crybaby digger. They sit there and talk crap all day about how bad ass they are but can't dig a hole with a shovel. Funny thing is they aren't the ones that even have to dig the hole but rather the 10 laborers that are standing around drinking coffee and smoking cigs. I hope you find some faded marks and rusty flags all over on your next dig.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    .... as for us being " no depth giving" there is a reason why we don't give depths you idiot... and if you WERE a locator... you should know that soil conditions, moisture content, and soil constitution effect the depth readings of all electromagnetic locating equipment. if you want it that detailed... pay for a SUE...
    And there's a big difference between asking for depths because you're genuinely concerned about exposing that facility properly as opposed to getting an approximate depth so you can use your backhoe as much as possible. JACKnBORE strikes me as the latter....
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

I agree BigBoots I am very thankful me and 95% of my regular contractors have an understanding they dont call in bull shitt tickets and they dont get bull shitt locates

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

Hey, I'll help any of my crews who are potholing pin point and spot a utility.. but if someone flat out asks me for a depth... I decline...

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I am a locator not an employee of the utility. As a sub contractor I do not own the cable nor does my company. It is a liability issue, our clients do not wish us to give the depth. They probably have learned from experience that with some contractors if you give them a depth they will use the diesel powered hydraulic operated hand shovel known as a backhoe to dig to about six inches before the depth given.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinnella View Post
    come on now spray we all know that you have the privileged computer!!! let me know if you see any good job postings during the day ...oh and the bridge you talk about.......you forget ...I own it already!!!
    as far as the gpls thing...i assume that stands for GARLAND POWER AND LIGHT? IF THATS THE CAST WHO IS PAINTING FOR THEM NOW? HATE TO SAY IT BUT YOU F..K WITH SPRAY ...YOU F..K WITH ME AS WELL...
    GPLS stands for great plains locating service, CUS used to be known as gpls but mergers and such changed that.
    Work smarter not harder!!!

Years of Experience

Hey ya'll, this locating thing is going to work itself out at some point, whatever that will mean. In the meantime, in my humble opinion, the only thing one needs to concern oneself with is to learn the job/work well, assuming you like it and want to continue on with it, develop good and consistent work habits, and then if you're good, ie. minimal to none damages, you will be invited to continue your career wherever you want, although maybe not exactly when you want to be there. As Dwayne Weinke used to say, "you need some broad shoulders to carry that responsibility", or something like that! For what it's worth. And hello to you higher ups and managers who I have had the pleasure to make aquaintence with who may be reading this, your jobs aint' easy either. Cheers!

Years of Experience

Dang Spray......as usual.....i miss all the good stuff
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Yahoo, if you snooze you lose around here!! LOL
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Yea I'm an idiot. It's too bad I had 7 years behind a wand before I realized locating is a dead end job and will never pay enough unless you work 12hr days. Grateful for the experience to keep me and my crew out of locate trouble and as I said in another post being able to know if some pissed off locator is painting fake lines on ground in an effort to slow us down or make us work harder. Also nice to know how to fix drops. Locating should be a stepping stone to better things. I had chances to go do linework but that wasn't something I desired due to most linemen are prima donnas but glad I finally got my break doing what I trained for in military. Which reminds me of the Texans I served with, they all talk crap! That's what spraynpray does. Mr. 1,945 posts. Get a life!

Years of Experience

well if anything I am glad he livened up things around here....it was gettin quiet.....I am sorry it is at the expense of Spray.....hang in there Jack!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Dadgum it Yahoo, I should have known better to argue with Jacknboreoff. My Daddy always told me not to argue with fools because you have to drop down to their level and they are a lot more experienced down there.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

I dont think CUS sups should be no more worried than USIC sups. I think the best from both will keep there jobs as sups as it should be.

Are the CUS guy's ready to locate from inside the manholes? Which means no more hotsticks! You actually have to climb down inside and clamp the cables. ATT requirement. We will see how that goes!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast