Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CUS supervisors worried?

Default Re: CUS supervisors worried?

Yep they are few and far between but i have one all be it it is 7 counties it takes 1hr and 56 mins to drive from one end of my area to the other

Banned

CUS are quiting and or looking for a new career. It is sad but I fully understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKnBORE View Post
    USIC supervisors should be just as worried. In Illinois CUS has better rapport than with newbie bosses at USIC. Kick some cool supervisors to the curb in Metro-east STL and see what happens. I've talked with a few USIC locators and they always act put out and that just reflects your stupid company policies. I said the other day on this blog that USIC will think they're gonna be the end all/be all rulers of the excavating world and there is gonna be ample amount of operating engineers to knock you off of your no depth giving/painting 4" duct 2' wide high horses. CUS guys are cool and they will be remembered where they come from when they start driving those trucks that look like Domino's delivery.
    Evidently spoken by a 'locator' that's never tried to locate out of an ATT or Verizon manhole when they know the contractor will not be hand-digging or exposing the facilities except with a backhoe. Don't belittle other Locators when you aren't walking in their shoes.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Used to paint for GPLS and finally got a gig digging big holes and pushing pipe. I got turned on to this blog a few months back and I find it interesting as far as the whining from USIC. I check it every few days but it appears Spray n Pray lives here and even posts during the work day when he should be painting. Do you do that from your company provided computer?

Used to paint for GPLS and finally got a gig digging big holes and pushing pipe. I got turned on to this blog a few months back and I find it interesting as far as the whining from USIC. I check it every few days but it appears Spray n Pray lives here and even posts during the work day when he should be painting. Do you do that from your company provided computer?
    Lol who's this D-bag?

I personally thought this was a locating industry forum not a dig contractor forum not that I have any thing against dig contractors but if your gonna be on a locater forum don't talk bad about locators and what we do. Can I get an AMEN

Amen

You mister will be getting a couple extra marks on the ground the next locate you call in. When will you diggers learn? Locators run the show, not you guys.

Now it makes sense. You are one of those 'excavators' that worries more about what the Locators are marking than doing your own job properly. I bet you don't even own a shovel. I can hear the excuses already - ' I thought it was supposed to be deeper ' . And Yes, I'm a Privileged Locator at USIC that has unlimited use of the Company laptop and can post anytime of the day. So what? Just what business is it of yours? I probably do more work before noon than you get done all week.

So, if you want to continue to attack me, you better get more ammo because I've been downright civil so far, but that can change.

Uh, all you USIC locators, if you buy the "Privileged Locator" bit I have a bridge for sale in the northeast.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

TMO
    Years of Experience

Well bless your heart! I like the "used to paint" part of that comment. Says it all. Can i get a " I thought it was deeper" to top it off?

TMO
    Years of Experience

I hear there's a USIC sup out of Tennessee on his way to north Texas.

Years of Experience

As far as Illinois goes... down in the Southern part of IL USIC has no footprint... so I guess those CUS guys including the Sup (probably) are safe, but good luck in that area with all Ameren crap they have to deal with down there...

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

USIC supervisors should be just as worried. In Illinois CUS has better rapport than with newbie bosses at USIC. Kick some cool supervisors to the curb in Metro-east STL and see what happens. I've talked with a few USIC locators and they always act put out and that just reflects your stupid company policies. I said the other day on this blog that USIC will think they're gonna be the end all/be all rulers of the excavating world and there is gonna be ample amount of operating engineers to knock you off of your no depth giving/painting 4" duct 2' wide high horses. CUS guys are cool and they will be remembered where they come from when they start driving those trucks that look like Domino's delivery.
    An operating engineer oversees building related systems like hydronic heat, boilers, chillers, etc., I have never seen one that had to call in a dig request.

I have seen plenty of self important machine operators in my time, they develop a reputation quickly that usually results in potholing all day on mystery marks, at least in the area I used to work. The guys that marked Level 3 fiber in my area would team up with me to mark anything that gave a hint of a tone as fiber, and dare you to dig it without potholing every mark.

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

I personally find that idiots comments funny.... as a former equipment operator.... someone who can run anything with wheels or tracks... a good locator can make or break you.... I always spent time with the locators who came on my jobs.... and I can honestly say it was that and that alone which allowed me to go 20+ years damage free. now I am a locator... I finally see just how hard the job of a damage prevention Tech is... they had my respect then, and they have my respect now.... as for us being " no depth giving" there is a reason why we don't give depths you idiot... and if you WERE a locator... you should know that soil conditions, moisture content, and soil constitution effect the depth readings of all electromagnetic locating equipment. if you want it that detailed... pay for a SUE...

Years of Experience

Around my neck of the woods operating engineers are heavy equipment operators ans stationary engineers are the guys that do the chillers and boilers etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast