Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CUS supervisors worried?

Default CUS supervisors worried?

Is there any truth to the rumor that supervisors in the 11 overlapping states that usic and CUS are already established are getting demoted and pay cut.

Default Re: CUS supervisors worried?

I saw that happen in 2008 when sm&p and cls "merged", the majority of cls soups got demoted back to locators. If it happened back then why the hell would it not happen now.?

Yeah I figured as much I'm just a locator for the company but some of the soups are my friends man this merger is going to screw up alot of peoples lives

Not only sups but some locators could be let go as well. If a USIC locator and a CUS locator currently work the same area USIC isnt going to have 2 locators work the same area. Depending on reputation, experience, and a good word from someone within USIC the locator from CUS could be either not hired or will be moved to another area if he is hired.

I know some of the guys working for CUS in my state were fired from USIC so its in question if they will be asked to come back. They were fired for a reason from USIC cant see them bring them back especially if its from getting damaged out.

Well I know my job is safe because my area is in georgia and usic is not established in georgia so the people in georgia will probly keep there positions as long as they have a good track record just hate it for my friends in Alabama.

in all honesty where overlap exists between the 2 companies, the locators should be worried too especially if the had previously worked for sm&p and or usic even ones that havent before; may not be working in their gravy area for years may be switched to a completely new area which they konw nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by spraypray&sweat View Post
    Is there any truth to the rumor that supervisors in the 11 overlapping states that usic and CUS are already established are getting demoted and pay cut.
    More than likely that is exactly what will happen. They will study the numbers and some other stuff and figure out how many they need vs. how many they have and eliminate the lowest producing people.
    Life's a garden, dig it! - Joe Dirt

Years of Experience

I think everyone from the DM's down are a little worried, especially in the states with overlap. Before the locator never had to worry, now with all the head count and efficiency crap. Everyone has to watch out for the axe.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Could be worse i guess. i just heard the GE is moving their X-Ray division over to china. Letting go of everyone in the wisconsin plant. The reason is simple, in china they make a tenth of what their current employees do. The bonus will be probably no epa or osha laws

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    Could be worse i guess. i just heard the GE is moving their X-Ray division over to china. Letting go of everyone in the wisconsin plant. The reason is simple, in china they make a tenth of what their current employees do. The bonus will be probably no epa or osha laws
    Yeah, and Obama appointed GE's CEO as the main guy to encourage job growth in the US.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by 6feetunder View Post
    More than likely that is exactly what will happen. They will study the numbers and some other stuff and figure out how many they need vs. how many they have and eliminate the lowest producing people.
    We have been told that there will be a 2-3 month grace period where USIC has promised not to terminate any Consolidated employees or management. However, the Consolidated people will be evaluated, and if deemed suitable, offered continued employment with re-training. ( They only locate Atmos gas here in the DFW area. )

Several of their employees have already indicated they didn't want to jump to 5-6 way locates and said they will resign. Out of roughly 40 employees here, I would guesstimate about 20 staying on with USIC.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Works for me I locate in Georgia the only thing I have is CATV and usic has nothing in Georgia and I would like to actually go through a training class all my training is OTJ.

USIC supervisors should be just as worried. In Illinois CUS has better rapport than with newbie bosses at USIC. Kick some cool supervisors to the curb in Metro-east STL and see what happens. I've talked with a few USIC locators and they always act put out and that just reflects your stupid company policies. I said the other day on this blog that USIC will think they're gonna be the end all/be all rulers of the excavating world and there is gonna be ample amount of operating engineers to knock you off of your no depth giving/painting 4" duct 2' wide high horses. CUS guys are cool and they will be remembered where they come from when they start driving those trucks that look like Domino's delivery.

Yeah I guess being that my first locate job is with CUS I think im spoiled I started with the best and now going to the next to worst right next to STS Utiliquest. not meaning the locators but the company itself
    Last edited by spraypray&sweat; August 4th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.

There are places with just 1 way locates? I need to move there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast