Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Cruisin' tunes

Default Re: Cruisin' tunes

OK , I know I will show my age but I like mainly '60's Rock and Roll and older C&W. Also, Fleetwood Mac and CCR, The Eagles, Elvis and Roy Orbison.. But again I am more mature and seasoned. Nearly forgot, Glen Miller was an early favorite - "In the Mood" will never be old. Would like to see Adam on American Idol re-do some of the oldies.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

On my sunvisor I have:
    Dave Matthews Band (All live of course)
    Johnny Cash
    Norah Jones
    Nirvana
    Live
    Rob Zombie
    Metallica S&M
    And the Soundtrack to O Brother Where Art Thou
    But I keep my XM tuned to Alt Nation or Opie and Anthony
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Alt Nation rocks, but I prefer Howard Stern and Bubba the Love Sponge to Opie and Anthony. Glad for the XM Sirius merge so now I get all of the stations though.
    I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions.

Years of Experience

Sublime is an American reggae, Ska punk (characterized by a walking bass line accented with rhythms on the offbeat) band that originated in Long Beach, California. Founded in 1988, Sublime consisted of Bradley Nowell (vocals and guitar), Bud Gaugh (drums and percussion) and Eric Wilson (bass guitar). Lou Dog was the mascot of the band. Sublime achieved mainstream success with their self-titled third album. However, Nowell died of a heroin overdose shortly before its release, resulting in the band's split in 1996. Worldwide, Sublime has sold over 17 million albums, including about 10 million in the U.S. alone.

Sublime - What I Got!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sublime - Santeria

Sublime - APRIL 26th 1992

Last edited by Wingfoot; December 18th, 2010 at 04:17 AM.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

how could you not list Caress Me Down?

You have to give it to a white guy that fluent in spanish.

Red face Re: Cruisin' tunes

I must not have as much drive time. Its seems just when a good song comes on the radio. I gotta get out and locate

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Don't take offense to this but is your tag "fresh-paint-on-ya" or is it "fresh-pain-Tonya"?

When I was doing Privates and when I was doing contract locating I had tons of winshield time... I even took to audio books and podcasts.

mke

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Don't take offense to this but is your tag "fresh-paint-on-ya" or is it "fresh-pain-Tonya"?

When I was doing Privates and when I was doing contract locating I had tons of winshield time... I even took to audio books and podcasts.

mke
    It's Tonya Harding!
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Talking Re: Cruisin' tunes

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    It's Tonya Harding!
    You found me out...I've been kneecapping contractors left and right. That will teach em to keep calling in uneccessary tix.

"The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

manfredo shoulda never went up against calzaghe
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

In Addendum, I like:

OverKill
    Anthrax
    Death
    Carcass
    DethKlock
    Gorguts
    Misfits
    The Exploited
    Agnostic Front
    SkrewDriver
    Motley Crue.......yah I admit it
    Nuclear Assault
    Judas Priest(Don't Believe the Rumours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Iron maiden
    Tesla(their good tunes anyway)
    The Beach Boys(endless summer, I know all tthe words to everysong)
    Def Leppard(up to hysteria)
    Slik Toxic(The Canadian Skid Row... and Sebastian BLERK(Bach) is from Peterborough Ont)
    Massacre
    Venom
    Metallica up to justice, everything else is crap(thay are ALL putz's)
    old megadeth, Dave Mustaine is a putz
    Gwar*(seen em 4 times!)
    Kix
    The Killer Dwarfs
    Razor(awesome old school Canadian thrash metal)
    The Daglo Abortions
    The sex Pistols
    Death Sentence
    D.R.I.
    C.O.C
    desecrator...........................man

I think it was beyond or someone gay like that that mentioned triumph, honeymoon suite and some other gay band. That's cool you know that dated stuff,(obviously I know some too) but Personally, I think those bands suck. There's definetly some kick ass Canadian bands, morso today than before I think, and the metal scene is way awesome. Alberta is pretty much all about death metal, and technical death metal. That said, most of the shit that has influenced me has been american or british.Sigh......i hear Nickelback is big in your country too? I think most of Canada is sick of them, but you just gotta be able to give that guy credit for consistantly being able to get at LEAST 3 hitss off every album they've made in the past 10 years. He has a knack for writing catchy rock, with enough edge that it suits ageneral rock audience.
    I'v e also spent time plowing in Hannah, the small town where they're from. One bar, a stripper everyweekend, hillbillies a plenty, fu*k all else. They must have beeen just dying to get out. For a Canadian band especiallly they've accomplished a lot. I am NOT their biggest fan, nor am I an out spoken proponent of "Canadian Culture" or it's music scene.

This kinda makes me think of something.

Back when I was in my teens and 20's, I was into Rush, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, The Cars, Triumph, etc. Im approaching my mid-40's now, and I still listen to those albums (well, not my albums.. my latest amp has no phone preamp in it.. decent mp3's at 192k and up will do).

I wonder if the young bucks like advanceman will still be listening to thrash metal when he hits his 40's (Im assuming in another 20yrs) ?

To me, most of that stuff sounds like noise. Sometimes you hear a cool effect or something, but then the overpacked audio gets going again. I cant tell what the heck the singer is singing about, but it sounds like he's angry about something. Are they really telling stories or spinning a clever tale about something ? When ppl put those tunes on at a party or some kind of hall event (wedding ?), do guys and gals get together and dance to it ? (mind you, not that we danced to Rush or Floyd..)

At work I usually listen to our nat'l broadcaster (CBC).. once I get bored of that then i pull out my Sirius and just flip around channels. Most music is good.

Oh, and advance.. you said "Alberta is pretty much all about death metal, and technical death metal" I would bet good money that this is not true. I just poked into a list of concerts in Calgary (just for an example), and I didnt notice a death metal sounding name in the listings.. could be one or 2 mind you, not like I know them all.. lots of good variety of music though.

Its possible just the 'gay' ppl go to those shows though.
    (May you live in interesting times)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    This kinda makes me think of something.

Back when I was in my teens and 20's, I was into Rush, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, The Cars, Triumph, etc.
    I like the lineup you have there. My first concert was Triumph at a small club in Detroit in 1983. Got my first high there. I still to this day take a little crap from my friends about Triumph, but they like them also. I think Rik Emmett is quiet underrated as a guitar player.
    Rush should have been in the rock and roll hall of fame years ago. Nothing like seeing a bunch of dryers on stage. Neil Peart - Nuff said...
    Pink Floyd...Dark Side along with Wizard of Oz, during the lazerlight show; need I say more.... Ok, the movie....THE WALL...
    The Cars... Never seen them live, but a hell of a band.
    Zeppelin, Seen Paige and Plant separately. Still badasses.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Me and the best bud, in grade 12 high school wanted to go see Triumph in the next city over, but didnt have the cash. Launched this hair brained plan to rent a bus and do a tour to the show. Crap just kinda keep falling into place and we sold out the bus, major party on the one hour bus ride there and back (driver said only rule, nothing out the windows.. woot). Major pyro, about 10 rows back on the floor, everyone in the group wired for sound.. good times. We lost one rider.. never did hear what happened there.. didnt know him. In the end we made like $20. We had given away tickets to buds and chicks etc.. bought snacks on the way home. We were never in it for the profit, so that worked out just 100% perfect.

That woulda been ~82, so Allied Forces and Never Surrender albums woulda been the playlists.

I didnt get to see many big shows, lived in small cities. Did see Rush for the Moving Pictures tour in Ottawa. I agree about Emmett, he woulda fit in nice with Rush even maybe ?
    (May you live in interesting times)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast