Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From the couch of this former usic employer Goodbye

Exclamation From the couch of this former usic employer Goodbye

EYa know wed of last week was my last day as a utility locator. I was there for a little over 2 years. And all through life you hear from school and every where to give a notice before you quit. Well I gave my notice and told them I would like to work and help my team as much as I could before I left. Need you know my quality was close to perfect. In my time there I had a phone drop damage which I feel was bs. But I take pride in my work and would do nothing to effect the quality of my group of locators. Well wed morn I get a phone call asking me to go to the office. And well as of then they let me go. Which was fine, but I must say usic is in of the worsted companys i have worked for. They treat there employees as just numbers. They act like they care about you and you loved ones. But do they care..nope. they think you should live and breathe locating. There MOTO is get home safe, so
    we can have you back at work the next day . There is one persion in usic who I wish will get treated like the piece of Shit he is and this guy is in upper managment. He didn't have the balls to be in this netting with me and my dm. But he stood behind the door with his ear up to the door listening. Well needless to say when you tell your dm that this guy in upper managment is a piece of Shit only then will he poke is water Mellon ass head into the office. And try to blame everything that had went on during your employment on your sup. Na wrong you pos. This guy and company is so pathetic they tell ask you anybody have any questions. Well you ask and they say that's above my head I don't have an answer for that. Well sir you wasted my time. All in all I feel as if ten ton of bricks have been lifted odd my chest since I've been gone. And I hope that each and everyone one day feels how I feel right now. Damn good. Not having to worry weither or not your going to see your family that weekend or what your going to miss next. And to you that may never get the chance to get out. May god have mercey on your souls. And maybe just maybe one day you locators will get the respect pay and benefits you all deserve. But I never see that happening. But till then congrats guys n gals for not crumbling under the stress you deal with on a daily basis. And to usic if I ever get three wishes. I will use one of my wishes to watch you fail in all that you do. To the guys I worked with you were amazing taught me everything I know. And you know what **** it that upper managment guy I was taking about up above. His name is Craig harrold and you sir I know gets on here. Just know you are the dog Shit on the bottom of my spray painted Orange boot. If a company says and acts like they don't treat you wrong. Why would they not let you work thinking that you would **** something up on purpose? Because they didn't wanna be the ones getting bent over in the middle of the roar like they did me the whole time I was there

Default Re: From the couch of this former usic employer Goodbye

Sorry bout the spelling I did this with my phone

Years of Experience
    30+

Gone, I can tell you when I worked for and was a Sup with USIC It was common practice when someone gave their 2 weeks notice that I was instructed to go ahead and let them go. Some folks I would argue to let them work out the two weeks and others I would have someone with me to pick up their truck and equipment. I knew the people who would ride out the 2 weeks and pencil whip tickets and they were the ones I had no problem letting go. It was the ones who I thought would do the right thing and still go do the work and not let me down.
    I am not sure where you are at but since they let you go you should be entitled to unemployment.

Years of Experience

I will say I had heard that they automatically let you go when you give notice... and I understand it to a point. I gave my notice to USIC and supe asked me if I was going to just mess around my last week and a half, and I told him I will continue to work up until my last day as I always have... I care about each and every one of my locates, because it is my reputation on the line... He let me work it out to the end... but I didn't care and was fully prepared for him to let me go that day...

It should be left up to the supe.. (NOT UPPER MGMT.) to either let that person go or respect the notice...

I was a supe with CUS and it was left up to me when one of my techs gave a notice to quit...

Good luck to you, I'm sure you have found a better position for yourself as I have...

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    Gone, I can tell you when I worked for and was a Sup with USIC It was common practice when someone gave their 2 weeks notice that I was instructed to go ahead and let them go. Some folks I would argue to let them work out the two weeks and others I would have someone with me to pick up their truck and equipment. I knew the people who would ride out the 2 weeks and pencil whip tickets and they were the ones I had no problem letting go. It was the ones who I thought would do the right thing and still go do the work and not let me down.
    I am not sure where you are at but since they let you go you should be entitled to unemployment.
    This is a good point, unemployment insurance. When an employee gives two weeks, or any amount of time, notice they have announced an intention to quit at a future date but have not yet quit, the resignation can be up to that date withdrawn. Firing them on the spot means they were terminated with no cause and you can expect them to claim unemployment compensation with the sate. This is especially true in a place like USIC where their employees are looking for a way out during times of high unemployment rates.

If you quit you are not entitled to unemployment. However they have to pay you for the 2 weeks notice you gave them and for any unused vacation!

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    This is a good point, unemployment insurance. When an employee gives two weeks, or any amount of time, notice they have announced an intention to quit at a future date but have not yet quit, the resignation can be up to that date withdrawn. Firing them on the spot means they were terminated with no cause and you can expect them to claim unemployment compensation with the sate. This is especially true in a place like USIC where their employees are looking for a way out during times of high unemployment rates.
    Really good information, thank you for explaining this!
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Na they can keep there unemployment, I don't want no ties with this company. Luckly my new job where I am starting at tomorrow laughed at usic for being childish about the whole situation and are letting me start earlier then expected. I don't want there unemployment because for some reason the past years I wasn't good enough for there unemployment. They would sit back and watch me struggle because they wouldn't lay me off only making 250 every two weeks with them not caring at all if your family ate. As long as they got there way they was happy. I can only hope that one day someone in upper management has to struggle and beg for more and somebody just laughs in there face. They caused my bills to be turned off and better yet they made me look like a failure to my family. So ill say it again I pray they crumble

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Very powerful sentiments!
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

I was employed by SMP/USIC for around 4 years. When I left I gave a 2 week notice, the company wasn't happy with my decision to leave but, gave me no counter offer to get me to stay or change my mind. They did however, let me work until the final day of my notice. Got a call and was told to meet a fellow mentor locator at a designated " meetsite" area, where I cleaned out and left my truck. My fellow locator gave me a ride home. I got no goodbye's or goodluck's from any management including my direct supervisor. Guess their asses were chapped! Idk... Anyway all my fellow locators either sent e-mails or gave phone calls wishing me luck on my future endevours. What's that say about management? I was a good locator, constantly went above and beyond, and took great pride in my job... Well! To top it all off I had saved up almost 4 weeks of vacation up over the past year I hadn't used.. They took it and never paid it too me. I was gonna use it to survive for a couple weeks while I took a little vacation before starting my new position with a USIC competitor. This caused me to get behind on bills and had to just sit around for the next couple weeks being broke. Point is I worked hard for them and that didn't matter to them, I gave them my heart and soul, my blood, sweat, and tears, my family.. In the end big business didn't give a shit about me the little man. They won they screwed me in the end, thing is I never tried to screw them. Just got offered a position at a company who was willing to pay me what I was worth!

Just another reason why USIC is the best locating firm to work for!!

Well, after some time with USIC, I have just sent out my resignation letter. Now just waiting to see if they just let me go or not. They have had me on RIF for most of the winter, only working me a total of 13 days so far. This is after I was told that I would NOT be put on RIF this winter (per the DM) due to me being off for 3 months this summer for an injury that had occured at work.
    Should know maybe tomorrow if they are just a bunch of ******** and let me go........

So that I am in "compliance" per USIC........

If an employee identifies him or herself as a USIC employee or discusses matters related to USIC and/or a customer on a social media site, the site must include a personal disclaimer on the front page stating that it does not express the views of the Company and that the employee is expressing his or her personal views only. For example ―The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer‖.

I am not suprised to say that the DM told my SUP to get my truck and all equipmant ASAP! Like I was going to destroy the truck or steal equipment.... Too many things to say.....

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by HPMadness View Post
    I am not suprised to say that the DM told my SUP to get my truck and all equipmant ASAP! Like I was going to destroy the truck or steal equipment.... Too many things to say.....
    When I gave my notice I was called a half hour later and told to be at the office the next morning to turn in my truck and equipment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast