Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Copper Price

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default Re: Copper Price

NOT COPPER, but it is related.

POLICE NAB SUSPECT IN MANHOLE COVER THEFTS.

Ottawa (Canada) July 5,2008:

"Police made an arrest Friday (July 4/08) in connection with a batch of sewer lid swindles, which saw hundreds of manhole covers disappear from Ottawa streets last month alone.

Tim Argiropoulos, 42 of Ottawa faces several charges.

Officials assume the covers are being stolen for the resale value of the scrap metal."
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

Does anyone know any websites that give the daily copper scrap prices? I took some in the other day and was surprised to see the price had dropped about a dollar per pound. It would be nice to have a way to tell the price before you take it in. I googled around a bit but couldn't find the daily scrap prices.

Years of Experience
    na

I ve been a kitco fan in the past but it doesn tcover the scrap-

http://www.kitconet.com/indexes.html

base metals

How about a little of those Iraqi Dinars?!?!?!

Once that oil starts pumping there money may be worth somethin'
    Last edited by USIC1; September 1st, 2008 at 07:25 PM.

Years of Experience

Hey U Sic 1 - Europe has just come back from it's August vacation/Holiday. The European Stock Market is always closed for the month of August while these people take off work for 4 weeks. Traditionally, Gold starts a rising trend shortly after the European speculators return to work in September. Gold is greatly undervalued. Taking inflation into consideration, Gold should be $5,000 (U.S.) per ounce. After this election, watch Gold & Silver prices skyrocket as the value of the dollar plunges.

President Franklin D. Roosevelt, under the orders of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank (IMF), made it illegal for 'We the Sheeple' to possess Gold bullion (bars). American peasants can still possess Gold coins. The American $20 Gold coin, minted over a hundred years ago, is an ounce of Gold. Gold & Silver coins are a much better investment than the volatile Wall Street Stock Market. Plus, there is no capital gains tax on the buying and selling of Gold & Silver coins! That's something your stock broker never mentions!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Well copper prices continue to climb. I think I've got about 50 pounds stripped right now. I think maybe I'll take it in. I think it's just under $4.00 a pound right now.

Does everyone else save copper? It's amazing if you pay attention how much is laying around. Just about every construction job I go to I find old street light wires,old romex, and ground wires stirred up daily when they grade.
    Just a friendly word of caution. I do not know what it is like where you are but here if a cop or deputy happens to see you with copper wire you can expect to be stopped and questioned we had a rash of construction sites and Utility storage areas broken into just for the copper. It has become a real bad problem .I new a guy who had FPL's (power co) permission to remove and replace the copper line for them he was arrested for grand theft of copper wire because he thought that he would only give half of the wire back to FPL. They we not happy but before he got caught he banked over $210 thousand.....................So there is money in it.......
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Years of Experience
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Electricity flows on the outer surface of a conductive material. Electricity that flows through the human body follows the outside of the bones. The meat that attaches to the bones gets cooked. If a person survives the initial shock, the healing of the cooked meat takes time.
    One of the first things they showed us in training when I first started was the vids / pix of people who got cooked by electricity. There were also higher standards as to what we could wear while locating, being that we were technically working for the electric co. and were sort of representing them. Now that I am working for another company they haven't really stressed the need for cotton fiber clothing / jeans etc. We're lucky to be able to wear shorts (at least I do) in the summer whilst trudging around painting stuff, so I won't knock it too much. Still, makes you think...
    "Aye, verily hath I spoken." - Thor, god of thunder

Here's one. There was a house explosion due to someone stealing piping from under a house. Unfortunatly for the poor bastard, he also was smoking while he was doing so. The roof was across the street when all was said.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

I just love Natural Selection
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123