Thread: Concealed Carry Gun Permit

Years of Experience

Default Concealed Carry Gun Permit

With the possibility of changing gun laws under the Barry Administration, two of my relatives have taken the required training courses to qualify for the Missouri Concealed Weapons Law. It costs $100 for the course and $150 for the permit.

Some interesting facts from the person who drafted the Missouri Concealed Weapons Law:

When a person that owns the permit shoots another person, the shooter needs to be prepared to be handcuffed when police arrive.

Even though criminal charges may not be filed against a concealed carry permit owner after a self defense shooting, the bad guy (or his bereaved) can file civil charges against the shooter; even though the bad guy was clearly in the wrong. Jurys tend to be against the shooter unless proper precautions are made ahead of time. All police officers are wired. The only statements that should be made to the police responding to a self-defense shooting, "I was accosted. I feared for my safety. Someone call 911." Just repeat this statement over and over. Never use racial slurs when describing the event or admit you are just protecting your property. Civil case jurys take a dim view on racism, potty mouths and shooters protecting things that can be easily replaced.

An example used: In the Hood of Kansas City, a C-store attendant watched a man grab a handful of sandwiches and dash out the door. The attendant made chase. The robber had a hand gun and began shooting over his shoulder as he ran. The attendant pulled his concealed pistol and shot the robber in the back and the guy died. Before the police arrived, witnesses took the sandwiches and the robber's hand gun. The attendant was charged with killing an unarmed man by shooting him in the back. The jury promply put the C-store attendant in prison.

Lesson learned - Blow a kiss to robbers as they leave without paying. Also thank them for choosing your establishment and tell them to "Have a NICE day!"

-------------------------------------------------

Default Re: Concealed Carry Gun Permit

In Texas, the law specifically states you can use deadly force if you are in fear of bodily harm aagainst yourself or a 3rd party. It also states the same for loss of property, your own, or that of a neighbor if the neighbor has given you permission to protect their property with deadly force.

However, you must issue at least 1 verbal warning and can never shoot someone in the back unless they are armed. The guy you spoke of should have protected the crime scene or at least picked up the other gun. Question: Why didn't the Crime Scene Examiner find evidence that another weapon had been at the scene? There would have had to have been empty shells, if it was a semi-auto, or bullet fragments. Sounds like the store owner had really bad representation.

Also, anyone can sue anyone else for anything if they know a
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Crap - for got to finish. I meant to say if you can find a low-life attorney you can sue your own parents for not giving you a name you like.

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Crap - for got to finish. I meant to say if you can find a low-life attorney you can sue your own parents for not giving you a name you like.

Spray:

SO, I was wondering!

Do ya think maybe there is a secret organization called Lawyers Anonymous where lawyers all get together and talk about how everyone hates them and how demoralizing that is? Just me thinking out loud!!!

P.S. What do you call a lawyer at the bottom of the ocean...A GOOD START!!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

WING AND SPRAY[B

Excerpts were from an article in the "Calgary Herald" newspaper

On a farm near a small town called Langdon east of Calgary Alberta a while back, a couple was sleeping in their bed, when two guys break in. Home invasion the RCMP are calling it

A FIGHT ensues between the homeowner and the two attackers as the homeowner is attempting to protect himself and his property.

The home owner is in his mid 30's the attackers are in their late 20"s( so these were ADULTS not young punks!)

One intruder is killed and the other one had serious stab wounds.
    (MY PERSONAL OPINION: One can safely assume that the intruders did not break in in the middle of the night to enquire about their health!!)

RCMP say the attackers knew the homeowner being it is a rural farming community.

RCMP ARE CONSIDERING CHARGES AGAINST THE HOMEOWNER AS THEY BELIEVE HE USED AN UNREASONABLE AMOUNT OF FORCE IN PROTECTING HIMSELF!

WTF!!!! So let me see if I have this straight...someone breaks into my house, threatens and attacks me. I fight back and stab him. Somewhere in here I am supposed to stop everything and think, gee is this a reasonable amount of force and if not, take some time to think through what would be reasonable, then react.

Give me a fricken break!!

Even by our arcane laws in Canada, this for me has reached the limit of frickin stupidity.

What is a person supposed to do, ask them politely to leave and if they don't phone the attackers parents and complain.

It took about three months but in the end the RCMP decided not to go forward with charges.

Shit like this just frosts my nads!!!

Okay, I'm better now!!!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    You can sue anyone for anything. If you know a low-life attorney, you can sue your own parents for not giving you a name you like.
    NJ woman sues Pa. sports bar for toilet seat break

ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) -- A New Jersey woman is suing a Pennsylvania sports bar and restaurant, saying she got stuck inside a toilet bowl for 20 minutes when the seat broke. Kathleen Hewko, of Delran Township, said she was in the bathroom at Starters Pub in an Allentown suburb when the handicapped toilet seat she was sitting on cracked and dumped her into the bowl.

Hewko claims in the lawsuit filed in November in U.S. District Court in Allentown that she had hip surgery prior to the Nov. 19, 2006 incident and was re-injured when the seat broke.

Her Philadelphia attorney, John Cirrinicione, says Hewko is not obese - she weighs 130 to 140 pounds.

The suit names Starters and Kohler Co., which made the toilet seat.

Representatives from both companies said they couldn't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    Spray:

SO, I was wondering!

Do ya think maybe there is a secret organization called Lawyers Anonymous where lawyers all get together and talk about how everyone hates them and how demoralizing that is? Just me thinking out loud!!!

P.S. What do you call a lawyer at the bottom of the ocean...A GOOD START!!
    They probably look at the cablevine and see SUE workers. Who knows, maybe there have been a few lawyers looking here thinking we were suing our employers, considering how much we bitch, and want in on the action.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

What is the difference at the scene where a skunk has been hit by a car and a lawyer has also been run over?

Give up?

At the skunk's scene there are skid marks!:greenapple

(That was for the lawyers that might be lurking on the site and was meant only to be informational and was not meant to hurt anyone's feelings, etc.)