Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: A Complete Waste of Money...

Years of Experience

Default Re: A Complete Waste of Money...

I like wearing hiker boots for locating. It's like wearing a tennis shoe with BITE! I am blessed with a Red Wing company store about 5 miles from my house. It's hard to beat the quality, comfort and ruggedness of their boots. I buy the made in China Red Wing hiker boot model 8685 @ +/- $150.00 applying their AT&T employee discount:

Red Wing Model 8685

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have used these made in China Wolverine hikers in the past with good success. I would get 8 to 10 months use before the tread would get too slick for climbing ditches and such. Check it out - $65.99. I have paid as much as $110.00 a pair for these beauties at my local boot store:

TheCableVine, yahoo and Nb22x like this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by 10acgirl View Post
    Dude. First off you are completely wrong. You only have 3 GPS units in your vehicle. So unless there is a reason you need 5 maybe you are not doing something right. As far as the boots go if you are so unhappy with company and it sounds like you are. Find somewhere else to work! Your attitude toward a gesture sucks and I am so glad you are not on my team.
    Greetings 10acgirl! Welcome to The Cable Vine! It is nice to have a lady around to keep some of us pervs in check; especially me....... just sayin'. A house is not a home without a ladies touch.............. again, just sayin'.

Ah, Tennessee! Home of some of my favorite singers - Roy Orbison was the best. Can't forget Johnny Cash, Elvis and many others.

I Luv your moxie (force of character, determination, or nerve). I hope you hang around for awhile to keep us all on the straight 'n narrow and get to know us all better. Luv Ya Girl!

UULC likes this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Back before it was usic. I did get a pair of boots for our group since we had the best numbers ratio for the company of something like that. The company we went to didn't have much selection in wide widths. Also a lot of their soles were not made for what we do. I did find a pair made by catipillar for $120. It had been 6 years and I still have them. Polish them up and seal them and use them as my pair of off duty hikers. I like 11" boots for more ankle support and yipper dogs and snake bite protection. Also able to watch those ditch lines and not have water go over the top of the boot. Hey 10acgirl I am in Jackson, tn today and heading to nashville tomorrow before I head back up to the land of cheese.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Great post Wing, on the Red Wing shoes. I just looked it up on the net and there is a store just about a mile away. I will be down there Monday, checking them out.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Great post Wing, on the Red Wing shoes. I just looked it up on the net and there is a store just about a mile away. I will be down there Monday, checking them out.
    Greetings Steve! Thanks for the kudos! While you're there, check out their white work socks with the grey toes and heel. It's about $25 a bag for 6 pair and worth every penny. They're comfy, durable and a great combo with the hikers. I always buy a bag of socks when I buy the hikers. My wife told me to stop it already........ but I can't. Luv Ya Man!

yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Will do... unfortunately, tragedy struck my road rocket in the form of a broken shift cable. I spent half the day sitting in the shop waiting for the wrong part to be delivered. Long story, short: I'm driving my personal vehicle for now and I'll be doing catch up all day tomorrow so it will be a day or so before I can get to the store. I'll let ya know what happens.

Back at ya.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Wingfoot, I finally made it down to Red Wing Shoes today. They were a bit more than I expected but I made a purchase anyway. I'm not looking for a work boot but more of a recreation shoe and they had just what I was looking for.

The picture shows it having a suede leather look but the shoes I got have a rawhide leather look. More like your average workboot.

I'm getting them broke in and I haven't had buyers remorse so I think I'm good with 'em. Cost was around $140.

Here is the link to the page... http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing...s-chukka-brown
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8692redwing.jpg  
    Last edited by TheCableVine; May 24th, 2014 at 07:09 PM.

Years of Experience

Greetings Steve! Those Chukkas are sweet! I like the bite as shown.

I have been using Dr.Scholls gel shoe inserts for years in my Red Wings. I walked into a CVS Pharmacy last year and stood on the Dr.Scholls machine that pedals the $50.00 inserts. I coughed up the cash for the high end inserts suggested for me and I Luv 'em!

The poet Mighty Whitey sez it best for me - Now I'm really:

Gellin' like a felon;
    eating some melon;
    feeling up Helen and my member is swellin'!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TheCableVine likes this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

If Utiliquest gave you a pair of boots keep an extra set of boots or shoes in your truck. I just talked to an ex Utiliquest employee and when he left they took the old, worn boots from him. Had to go home in his socks.
    Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    If Utiliquest gave you a pair of boots keep an extra set of boots or shoes in your truck. I just talked to an ex Utiliquest employee and when he left they took the old, worn boots from him. Had to go home in his socks.
    That's a little immature, I think.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    That's a little immature, I think.

I think I'd be ready to throw down over it. Those were given to me. They're mine now. It'd take a lot of work to get these boots off my feet. They may just want to go the easy route and let me keep them.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    I think I'd be ready to throw down over it. Those were given to me. They're mine now. It'd take a lot of work to get these boots off my feet. They may just want to go the easy route and let me keep them.
    Those boots were now worn for almost a year.
    They told him he could keep them but they would deduct from his final paycheck the full cost of the boots. So they took them when the only thing they could do with them is throw them in the trash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12