Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: closing one door, opening another

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: closing one door, opening another

Quote Originally Posted by The Big-E View Post
    Hope you're doing well ProLo... haven't talked to you in a good while... just reading all this nonsense about your stroke... Same as my pops, had a few "minor" strokes a few years back... doing pretty decent now... Hope you are too
    Thanks, its going to be a long road. My blood pressure meds were reduced after the December stroke and now have been returned to the November levels. Should take another 3 weeks for my body to acclimate it self. Until then I am drowzey and hard to get anything done.

I can now eat most foods and drink from a glass though using a straw works best. Still learning to speak clearly but can some what make myself understood though using a phone still does not work well. I usually have to drive anywhere to speak in person because a phone does not work well enough
    The Big-E likes this.

Years of Experience

I do not have a job to get cleaned up for and no wife to fuss at me, 'are you going out looking like the?'

I went out today wearing an old pair of cargo pants,we called then fatigue pants back in the day, that have the 46" waist I wore before dieting. Held on with the matching belt with o so many oles added to it. An old work jacket that that has no tares but is badly in need of a wash and old causal slip on shoes. So there I sit in McDonalds having oat meal and tea. This guy walks up and offers me a dollar. I told him thanks but I am good.

So when I got home I got out my comb and scissors and gathered up some fresh clothes.
    Then I thought hey wait a minute.. Gang, I think an entrepreneur is born.
    Wingfoot likes this.

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I think that is pretty funny... And I am also going to predict what you are hinting at with your business venture. All donated money like you described in your Mcdonald's story is tax free, for sure. I see a lot of bums on the side of the interstate exits or mall entrances that are begging for money. Part of me wonders if some of these guys are just actors who pretend to be homeless for tax free income. I bet you they have it down to a science, which places pay more, which parts of the country are more generous. I'm sure it's not a great life but that's up to them.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CableAvoidanceTool View Post
    I think that is pretty funny... And I am also going to predict what you are hinting at with your business venture. All donated money like you described in your Mcdonald's story is tax free, for sure. I see a lot of bums on the side of the interstate exits or mall entrances that are begging for money. Part of me wonders if some of these guys are just actors who pretend to be homeless for tax free income. I bet you they have it down to a science, which places pay more, which parts of the country are more generous. I'm sure it's not a great life but that's up to them.
    When I was much younger I heard of such people referred to as the professional poor. Tune into the TV show 'Shameless'.

I have quickly learned which fast food places to stop at. The help in that industry employees are poorly paid and don't mind being charitable with their employers products. In some of them certain employees will give me the 'senior' large soda, write me up for a sweet tea after ordering a more costly large soda. Sometimes I get served the food I had ordered but a less expensive meal is on the receipt.
    TheCableVine likes this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I guess you got in time. Here in WI a MG&E guy died of a heart attack while sitting in the company truck. That heart attack stuff has a history in my family. My grandmother on my dad's side died of one at 67. My dad had his first stroke at 55, which I turned last year. He had 5 strokes and quadruple bypass with in the next 15 years.

There was a buy who made $77K a year panhandling. One show followed a woman back to her BMW. A few years a go we had a couple going through the mid-west get $ from people to have money to repair their car and gas money to get home. They finally got caught I think in WI

Years of Experience

I was just diagnosed today with job related stress, and anxiety. Auh, the life of locating

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    I do not have a job to get cleaned up for and no wife to fuss at me, 'are you going out looking like the?'

I went out today wearing an old pair of cargo pants,we called then fatigue pants back in the day, that have the 46" waist I wore before dieting. Held on with the matching belt with o so many oles added to it. An old work jacket that that has no tares but is badly in need of a wash and old causal slip on shoes. So there I sit in McDonalds having oat meal and tea. This guy walks up and offers me a dollar. I told him thanks but I am good.

So when I got home I got out my comb and scissors and gathered up some fresh clothes.
    Then I thought hey wait a minute.. Gang, I think an entrepreneur is born.
    There is an intersection by my work place that I pass every morning. I'm always intrigued by the people who stand there with the recycled signs. I think there is a main area where they keep these signs. The other day I say a lady with a baby carriage. I wondered if there was actually a baby in it cause it was about 30 degrees out. A half hour later she was gone.

I'm sure you can make some okay cash doing it. I think it would be interesting to stand out there in your best clothes and looking your best and see if that makes a difference. I'd bet a person could pull in more cash like that than one who is dressed like a bum.

Just something I've wondered about.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    I was just diagnosed today with job related stress, and anxiety. Auh, the life of locating
    Been there. Do you dream at night that you are locating? I did.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    There is an intersection by my work place that I pass every morning. I'm always intrigued by the people who stand there with the recycled signs. I think there is a main area where they keep these signs. The other day I say a lady with a baby carriage. I wondered if there was actually a baby in it cause it was about 30 degrees out. A half hour later she was gone.

I'm sure you can make some okay cash doing it. I think it would be interesting to stand out there in your best clothes and looking your best and see if that makes a difference. I'd bet a person could pull in more cash like that than one who is dressed like a bum.

Just something I've wondered about.
    I been thinking about career change. Maybe I can answer your question and make a few bucks. Meh, I'll wait till spring.

Years of Experience

Well I am progressing but so slowly that I have to think about what I am no longer doing and what I have become capable of.

The muscle spasms in my jaw have almost gone. My jaw would slam shut with enough force I feared I would break a tooth.
    Did knock one a little loose and now it is firming back up. Still may lose it.

Still have trouble eating some foods but if I take small bites I manage. Same for drinking, small sips.

My speech is better but not enough to work or reliably use a phone. But I seldom have to write things instead of saying them. My plans of a singing carrier are gone, I could not sing before but hey Bob Dylan wasn't stopped by that.
    UULC likes this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345