Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: choice of tools?

Default Re: choice of tools?

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    A friend of mine was working for UQ here in DFW running problem Atmos gas locates. JT bought him a Pipehorn so they wouldn't have to vac as many tickets. Well, JT got fired and then Atmos found out several mains got hit because the Pipehorn wasn't very accurate. Atmos then insisted someone with UQ needed to be fired for opting to use the Pipehorn instead of vaccing. Do you want to guess who got fired? You probably guessed - my friend who was following his Supervisor's and District Manager's instructions.
    And people wonder why I never went to work for Utiliquest.
    Good example of why I value union positions.
    (May you live in interesting times)

Default Re: choice of tools?

in my van i carry Rd 8000PDLb, and my old faithfull Rd 400sl, and a mala easy locator.
    Had a few teething problems with the 8000, battery connectors not holding the batterys very well, but after a some minor adjustments that has been sorted now, basically a hammer and punch to put indents on the connectors. have you guyz seen the new Mala Mira Array, ive used it once as a demo maped out a football (soccer) pitch in about a hour and the images are amazing it showed up the old pitch markings beneath the newly laid one awesome piece of kit. i think it has 16 antennas on it, mounted on a modified industrial mower unit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123