Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: CGA Expo in Orlando this week

Default Re: CGA Expo in Orlando this week

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    I hate to be the negative nancy on this, but have you noticed who IS the board of NULCA?

I'm sorry but I don't believe individuals who ARE the contract utilities companies are going to be the best reps for the utility protection industry OR the locate techs themselves. They've proven that in their performance to date.

Nope. I'm thinking a totally indipendent entity, dedicated to insuring the industry has set standards for ALL aspects of the profession (not just contract companies), that doesn't have the deck stacked with exec.'s set to profit from lowered standards.
    RD -

Just so you have the full picture, the active NULCA Board currently consists of more people that are outside of the Contract Locating field then Board members within the industry. Most of the Board are people that either worked in contract locating and now are not in contract locating, they are instrument manufacturers or training consultants etc.

In Orlando, there was an open NULCA meeting in which a request was made for industry representatives to stand up and put their money where there mouths are and help to reunify and redefine this industry to fill open Board positions.

Luckily there was great interest from many people from the contract locating industry that see the value of an organization like NULCA, and realize that the only way to promote change is to have a united voice from within the industry.

Yes, the NULCA board has been quiet as of late, but changes are in place to make this a viable and successful organization from this point into the future. Please remember where the training standards came from that are part of most major contracts and some state laws refer also to these training standards, and that NULCA is well represented in the Common Ground Alliance because of the work that has been done in past.

Admittedly with all of the industry company mergers NULCA has seemed to lose momentum, but i feel very confident in saying that a new infusion of Board members will make all of the difference in the world.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Utilitrack View Post
    RD -

Just so you have the full picture, the active NULCA Board currently consists of more people that are outside of the Contract Locating field then Board members within the industry. Most of the Board are people that either worked in contract locating and now are not in contract locating, they are instrument manufacturers or training consultants etc.

In Orlando, there was an open NULCA meeting in which a request was made for industry representatives to stand up and put their money where there mouths are and help to reunify and redefine this industry to fill open Board positions.

Luckily there was great interest from many people from the contract locating industry that see the value of an organization like NULCA, and realize that the only way to promote change is to have a united voice from within the industry.

Yes, the NULCA board has been quiet as of late, but changes are in place to make this a viable and successful organization from this point into the future. Please remember where the training standards came from that are part of most major contracts and some state laws refer also to these training standards, and that NULCA is well represented in the Common Ground Alliance because of the work that has been done in past.

Admittedly with all of the industry company mergers NULCA has seemed to lose momentum, but i feel very confident in saying that a new infusion of Board members will make all of the difference in the world.

Just so I know I'm not using incorrect data. Is the Board listed on the recently re-activated NULCA site the active board? Just want to make sure I have the right information.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    Just so I know I'm not using incorrect data. Is the Board listed on the recently re-activated NULCA site the active board? Just want to make sure I have the right information.
    The website needs to be updated. I think some of them are correct and some have changed.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by GWJ_CAS View Post
    The website needs to be updated. I think some of them are correct and some have changed.
    10-4

Thanks for the info.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience
    na

Where do my paint brush, can of paint, and bent flag stems fit into this equation!?!?!

Man!!! Everything went wrong when the wheel was invented...

Now all this trying to change things...

I had a locator on the nextel a few days ago that had his locate reciever on in the background...It sounded unfamiliar so I said what the hec is that your locating with???He said its the company issue 4000... I said OH that must be why I cant tell what it is!!!

And now what would happen to all the infamous storytelling-ceiling fans going 200 mph-a sprinkler system mismarked as a conduit run, a contractor without marks beating on a 48" water main thinking its just a hunk a concrete in the way???

WELL?!?!?!

Is nt this the reason some of us chose this field???

The excitement of the Notoriety??? Or What???

How could you all even consider such changes???

Last edited by USIC1; February 24th, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345