Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On-call pay

Years of Experience

Default Re: On-call pay

Yeah the 2 hrs they give us is the reason noone ever wants to carry it and the same ones always have it since once you get it you are stuck with it till you can find another sucker I mean taker

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Dave72 View Post
    works out to about $750 if i recall for the week. Plus, 2hr min call-out (even a clear by laptop) at 2x.

Sounds good to me. I guess your company takes care of you guys.

We get tons of calls for tickets due the next day, these drive me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    Yeah the 2 hrs they give us is the reason noone ever wants to carry it and the same ones always have it since once you get it you are stuck with it till you can find another sucker I mean taker
    ouch, thats a bit of a rip.. that responsibility has to be shared.. how come no rotating list ?

btw.. to be fair.. our stby is for cable repair and locates both.. our only full-time locator isnt on the rotation as he cant do repair.. so theres a premium to that. (mind you some of the guys are so unsure of doin locates that they call him out as a 'helper' pretty near every time.. )
    (May you live in interesting times)

Well, this company that I work for is better than most, I can see, as far as the on call topic.
    We get paid for 2 hours doubletime, even if we only have to be there for 5 minutes.
    That is a really great incentive.
    I volunteer for anyones on call if I can because you can rack up some extra bucks really quick if they are making the calls.
    I have gone for a week without a call, and then again, I have gotten as many as 4 calls in one night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12