Thread: A call for help

Years of Experience

Default A call for help

Hey everyone,
    I know it has been a while since you all heard from me but life has become a real bitch and I am trying to get some kind of normal routine back into it. Basically I have had some real bad health issues I have attempted to file for social security disibility but due to the fact I am a white americain male 45 years old and can sort of think I am not eligible according to the state of florida . in the past two years I have had my right shoulder, right wrist, emergency hernia surgery, a heart attack, and now my back fused. So to state the obvious I am screwed I do not qualify for anything because my wife makes $10.00 more a month then the allotted amount for the state of florida to deam my family "In Need" Ok I am sorry I will not cry any more what I need is for you guys to help put our heads together and let me know if there is any real Legal on line business I can do from home until I can recoupe enough so I can get back to a real job. I will never be able to physically throw paint and flags any longer But very few people know this business the way I do. Is there anyone out there who knows of any companies that can or will pay people like me to work out of my home ( and pay a decent wage with benifits) or is there an real internet based business I can get involved in. I am not looking for charity ,I am looking to get to work to support my wife and kids. Unfortunatley I am confined to my house for upto one year to re coup. I am still fighting the state but it is going to take time I just do not have. Trust me you all are my last resort I have always been able to count on you in my time of need as you have always been able to count on me when you needed help. Steve any advise from you is always helpful. Thank You All Ninja......S.E.Florida .......
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Years of Experience

Default Re: A call for help

Godspeed to your recovery brother....hope things will work out for you...

hey man if you go to embarq.com if you have embarq phone/internet service you can be a at home tech they start at 11 an hour dont know what states you can do it in but as long as you are in embarq territory you are eligable. they have benefits and all that utility company stuff.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Hey there Ninja.

Was wanting to send a PM but system will not let me.

Can you see if your pm message center is turned on.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Ninja,

You can also try west.com. There are different at home opportunities there. A few years ago my husband & I both worked for them. If you are home bound... this is a good way to earn some money... however you are contracted... so no benefits at the time we were working for them... could be different now as they were expanding.

Years of Experience
    30+

Ninja,
    you are in my prayers. hang in there.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Keep your chin up, it's always darkest before the dawn. I'll try to come up with any ideas. Theres always Quixtar.......the new/old Amway.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'll post some ideas for you a bit later. I need to look around and get specific sites for you to visit.

Years of Experience
    30+

This is what this site is about. Folks helping folks out. This is good to see. Everyone has a good heart, some just show it. Thank everyone. It take a lot for someone to ask for help when they are down.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    This is what this site is about. Folks helping folks out. This is good to see. Everyone has a good heart, some just show it. Thank everyone. It take a lot for someone to ask for help when they are down.

I thought it was about utility locating-the good the bad and the ugly...

Heres my input if you really want to make an honest attempt

Seek a qualified counselor through a local government agency for hardship cases...Most likely a free service with greater knowledge of alternatives...

Years of Experience

Wow.... Thank all of you!!! I knew, I can count on you .That is what this site is for .when steve first started out, it was for us to get together basically share our days with others that know what we do. lets face it only a locator knows what another locator goes through. I joined and together with the rest of you I believe we built a family, not just a site in which you can bitch and complain about stuff. Lets face it I know more about some of you guys then I do about my own family. So yes this site is for bitching, complaining about your jobs because we understand. It is also to keep us upto date with new technologies, jobs ( at www.locatorjob.com) current issues, word news but most of all it is the go to place when we are in true need. If you haven't done it latley thank steve for taking time out of his busy schedule everyday it take time and money to keep this site running and most of that is coming right out of his pocket... Thank you all again. I am being tested again by the universe I do no why my luck is sucking so bad right now but I do believe for everything that I precieve to be bad that happens to me eventually something good will happen and with the help of you I know my familiy will make it over this hump.
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

I don't know of any legitimate web sites for you, I wish I did. I would like to find one for myself to work from home. But I can tell you from experience that everything happens for a reason. My family is praying for you to be able to provide for your family.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

- General William Thornson, U.S. Army

Just an idea, but can't your wife talk to her employer and work something out like a voluntary pay reduction? Then you can qualify in the state of Florida and still do the at home job.

Good luck to you.

Tragedy shapes strength.

remember that.

good luck to you brother, if I had the money to spare(i.e. if I was a millionaire and had many real estate investments and rental properties or something) I'd probably send you a couple of grand.

Godspeed to your recovery
    -Scap