Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CableVine Censorship is Sad

Default CableVine Censorship is Sad

"I think all the trashing that can be done, has been done. I don't know anything about Stake Center Locating nor do I know anything about the others posting against SCL so don't think I'm closing this down in defense of anyone or (for those lurking and you know who you are) censoring anyone, but instead because 95% of the substance is going to come out in the first set of posts. Anything else after that is unproductive. Not that this was productive."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is very sad that you are going to censor this and play "god" on it. I guess that it is your right. It wasn't productive to YOU! Our bad for trusting that this was a place to present problems, issues and views. The point of the post was to share that locate companies were out of control and treating employees poorly. I understand if someone (Company) must have sent a private complaint. You don't get to hide like we do, so I get it.

The only value, true value that this forum had is that people/locators can express their views and problems, just sad that the boss will control it too.

FYI the guy/trainer is a DRUNK, many people that know him will tell you! Don't worry if you get sued you can call Jack Daniels as a witness. ! )

Hoping you at least think, before you delete this.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: CableVine Censorship is Sad

Unfortunately locating is a frustrating industry. Most locators work for contract locating companies and hence have most of the BS piled upon them. I believe that the last thread was locked because it began to be a childhood slinging of insults. No real positive message came through, or did it touch on ground breaking topics.

I don't necissarily side with the guy who posted from the company, nor do I side with the initial mud slingers. But if you hang around here long enough, you will see tons of threads like these. And they are entertaining for a couple of days, but they usually become locked because it never ends. And it is counter productive.

As for your drunk trainer.......as long as he passes you what does it matter? You learn more in the field then you do in the class anyways.

mke

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cgraham View Post
    "I think all the trashing that can be done, has been done. I don't know anything about Stake Center Locating nor do I know anything about the others posting against SCL so don't think I'm closing this down in defense of anyone or (for those lurking and you know who you are) censoring anyone, but instead because 95% of the substance is going to come out in the first set of posts. Anything else after that is unproductive. Not that this was productive."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is very sad that you are going to censor this and play "god" on it. I guess that it is your right. It wasn't productive to YOU! Our bad for trusting that this was a place to present problems, issues and views. The point of the post was to share that locate companies were out of control and treating employees poorly. I understand if someone (Company) must have sent a private complaint. You don't get to hide like we do, so I get it.

The only value, true value that this forum had is that people/locators can express their views and problems, just sad that the boss will control it too.

FYI the guy/trainer is a DRUNK, many people that know him will tell you! Don't worry if you get sued you can call Jack Daniels as a witness. ! )

Hoping you at least think, before you delete this.
    I've been on forums for a long time and I can spot when a thread is going nowhere. This thread was going nowhere. When names start coming up and the mods have to start moderating then it is time to shut it down.
    I'm not censoring anything. You morons come to this forum and your first post is to trash someone or something or to support someone who is doing the trashing, and then you start whining about censorship when the mods or the admin put a stop to it . F U C K YOU.

It wasn't productive to me? Forum Admins hope for threads like this cause it causes controversy and pulls the weasels out of the woodwork. If I wanted it to be productive I would have let it go. That would be productive. Get a clue and beat it. I'm tired of your type. Piss ass little children who don't like that life is treating them a little harsh. Whaaaaaa!

Go climb back in the hole you crawled out of.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I've been on forums for a long time and I can spot when a thread is going nowhere. This thread was going nowhere. When names start coming up and the mods have to start moderating then it is time to shut it down.
    I'm not censoring anything. You morons come to this forum and your first post is to trash someone or something or to support someone who is doing the trashing, and then you start whining about censorship when the mods or the admin put a stop to it . F U C K YOU.

It wasn't productive to me? Forum Admins hope for threads like this cause it causes controversy and pulls the weasels out of the woodwork. If I wanted it to be productive I would have let it go. That would be productive. Get a clue and beat it. I'm tired of your type. Piss ass little children who don't like that life is treating them a little harsh. Whaaaaaa!

Go climb back in the hole you crawled out of.
    LMFAO! Steve.
    Yeah, what you said. I have never seen Steve react like that before. I recommend you just delete your account Mr. Graham, you sir, have pissed off the Pope.

I'm not gonna retype all the crap I have typed before... My $0.02 on internet censorship is contained here for anyone who gives a sh*t:
    http://www.thecablevine.com/forum/sh...to-Psychominia
    Last edited by ifinditunderground; March 14th, 2010 at 10:03 PM.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

How the hell would you know. You just joined this month.

I must agree with Steve. If you join for the soul purpose of bashing someone or some company you are not doing any good here. Yes there is tons of bashing on here but to join just to totally bash then why even be here. Maybe they failed you so you thought you'd try to give them a bad rap.

Years of Experience

cgraham.....dude....thanks for your input here on the Vine but if you was going to pick someone to piss off....you'd been better off pissing off Ifindit and God help you if you piss him off!!!!!! you do have the power to start a new thread you know, just know and understand none of us are perfect!!!! Have a good day!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    cgraham.....dude....thanks for your input here on the Vine but if you was going to pick someone to piss off....you'd been better off pissing off Ifindit and God help you if you piss him off!!!!!! you do have the power to start a new thread you know, just know and understand none of us are perfect!!!! Have a good day!
    C'mon Yahoo, I'm as gentle as a lttle puppy......

But if you are gonna come after me, I'm going to come back after you like a Rottweiler.
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

"You morons come to this forum and your first post is to trash someone or something or to support someone who is doing the trashing, and then you start whining about censorship when the mods or the admin put a stop to it . F U C K YOU."

Why do you have to take it to such a gutter level and personal attack? It just goes to show the lack of character, that doesn't seem like you? I told you I saw your point. YOU NEED TO RE READ MY POST!

I had to add this account to my other account that I have had for YEARS, because I still WORK for the company and have inside PERSONAL view of the situation.

I truly feel bad for locators and all they deal with, it's rough out there. Is that really that bad?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

No, it's dickheads like you that only come here to be a nuisance that makes things "bad" for those of us who come here to share ideas and learn from each other.
    I've never seen Steve post anything like that on this forum, maybe the problem here...........is you.

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    No, it's dickheads like you that only come here to be a nuisance that makes things "bad" for those of us who come here to share ideas and learn from each other.
    I've never seen Steve post anything like that on this forum, maybe the problem here...........is you.
    You saw what I posted And you saw his crass abusive response. No hidden messages, you read it all. I have been on here for years and not stirred up problems, I commented on someones view, funny or not it was truthful. I thought the forum was to built to post your view?

I am D####HEAD, because ???? Really?

Also, where can the helpless locator, supervisor or manager go to express his view/issue? And not feel like their in the Truman show, that this might be happening to someone else!?!?!?!

Over the years I have read many forums about STS, USIC, ELM ect ect ect. One of the most recent bashed on ELM and their 10% paycut. The vine fascilated a healthy forum for people to talk. The issues are just going to expand everyday as the industries standards slip.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

There is no such thing as censorship on a privately owned forum, you post at the whim of the forum owner, and they alone decide which topics are fit for discussion.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Also, where can the helpless locator, supervisor or manager go to express his view/issue? And not feel like their in the Truman show, that this might be happening to someone else!?!?!?!

Over the years I have read many forums about STS, USIC, ELM ect ect ect. One of the most recent bashed on ELM and their 10% paycut. The vine fascilated a healthy forum for people to talk. The issues are just going to expand everyday as the industries standards slip.
    If one is to effectively object to the improper, or perceived improper, actions of others then one must conduct one's self to a higher standard of conduct.

This board seems to exist to promote professionalism in the industry and when people post in a most unprofessional manor it degrades the effectiveness of this site. That in itself is enough reason for a thread to be closed, messages be deleted and people banned.

Everything said about that company could have been put forward in a manor that would not have caused the moderators to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    If one is to effectively object to the improper, or perceived improper, actions of others then one must conduct one's self to a higher standard of conduct.

This board seems to exist to promote professionalism in the industry and when people post in a most unprofessional manor it degrades the effectiveness of this site. That in itself is enough reason for a thread to be closed, messages be deleted and people banned.

Everything said about that company could have been put forward in a manor that would not have caused the moderators to step in.
    Maybe so, but

""You morons come to this forum and your first post is to trash someone or something or to support someone who is doing the trashing, and then you start whining about censorship when the mods or the admin put a stop to it . F U C K YOU."

That is real professional manner?

The employee attacked the company and the company attacked the employee on the board. Bothsides jumped in with their view, I don't see the harm.

But again as I said in my original post I stated that's their right, and they don't get to hide. I get it. For all I know the post got bad and had to be deleted, so we may never see the whole picture. What I don't get is such a crass attack to some hard questions that's all. I realistically didn't attack anyone asking if it was censorship or not?

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I shouldn't have replied like that. Sorry to cgraham and the rest of you guys.

I have been accused of censoring this board many times. I don't censor anything. Closing a thread is not censoring. Deleting posts because you don't like what they say is censoring. There is a big difference. Closing a thread because it is not worth the paper it is written on is a good enough reason to me. When names get thrown out there and the mods (thanks mods) have to get involved, then it is time to close it. Not many threads get closed on here and only a few have been deleted. They were deleted, if memory serves, at the request of the starter. None have been censored.

Now, I don't like to be told I'm playing God. I don't like to be told I'm censoring. I don't like people who come on here for a single purpose. Telling me that you made a mistake coming here i.e. "Our bad for trusting that this was a place to present problems, issues and views." is insulting.
    I understand if someone (Company) must have sent a private complaint. You don't get to hide like we do, so I get it.
    Nobody complained. I decided it was time to put a stop to it.
    just sad that the boss will control it too.
    Nobody other than me controls this forum. I act in the interest of the forum. Not in the interest of any one individual or small group of individuals but in the interest of all the members.

If you have been coming here as long as you say, then you know I don't censor and you know I have a lot of patience. Everyone is welcome here... Even Justice for Locators and yes... even you USIC1. Just be respectful of your fellow members and have some class. I didn't show any class and I have to apologize for that.

A bad day mixed in with an insulting post and something in my brain just snapped. It happens.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast