Thread: Buying gas for Company Vehicle

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default Buying gas for Company Vehicle

Our company deals with one company only when it comes to buying gas.

Its a pain in the ass!

First off, the nearest station is in another part of the city. My first locate starts at 07:00 and have to be on site at that time. The nearest station is about 20-25 minutes by freeway from where I work.

So, during the day I have to drive about 20-30 kilometres (about 13-18 miles) to the nearest station.

Now remember, I am on the payroll so, the company has to pay my wage, wear and tear on the vehicle, gas to get back and forth and lost productivity. And, every go* da**ed road in this city is under repair (I obviously overstated this).

Tell me how that makes sense? All this because they get .04cents a litre discount.

Okay, maybe I could go in the evening on my own time and sometimes I do but again damned near every road in this city is under construction and it takes forever to drive to the nearest station to my house (about 5 km - 3 miles).

Anyone else have this issue??
    Last edited by underground quester; June 19th, 2008 at 09:18 PM.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Default Re: Buying gas for Company Vehicle

Remember Underground, you can't work without getting paid. That's a law suit and grounds for termination. You must get gas on company time!

The other problem is you go to a gas station that takes your card and the gas actually costs more than the station across the street! (9 cents more per gallon). How does that save the company money.

Or - you drive all the way to the gas station that takes your card and get there only to find out the card won't work - who knows why? or they are out of gas! So you waste even more production time and company money in gas and time to find another station that takes the card.

Then, while trying to find another station, you run out of gas and have to call a tow. Where does it end?

Years of Experience

Here we have a fleet gas card that can be used at virtually every gas station. It's just a credit card so you don't have to go inside to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Here we have a fleet gas card that can be used at virtually every gas station. It's just a credit card so you don't have to go inside to pay.

You know Golden, I have suggested that to the company but for some reason they are reluctant to move on it. Maybe no discount??

But, you are certainly more fortunate than I.

Today was gas up day and I find it difficult some days to get away.

Nuts I tell you, the world is going nuts in a handbasket!

(Okay, pardon me, valium break time..or perhaps I could just go out to my truck and get a can of paint!)

Years of Experience

Maybe you should get a couple big gas cans to attatch to the rear of your vehicle like the old army jeeps. Then you wouldn't have to drive to the gas station so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Maybe you should get a couple big gas cans to attatch to the rear of your vehicle like the old army jeeps. Then you wouldn't have to drive to the gas station so often.

Wouldn't the boss just LOVE that!!

It already costs me $90.00 + dollars to fill the tank, total with two jerry cans would be around $140.00 to 150.00. I am certain he would call me to have a little chat about my gas purchases!

At the moment, we are seeing quite a rash of people who are stealing gas from vehicles so I am sure the Jerry cans would be like a NEON SIGN saying:

"STEAL ME, STEAL ME"

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    Wouldn't the boss just LOVE that!!

It already costs me $90.00 + dollars to fill the tank, total with two jerry cans would be around $140.00 to 150.00. I am certain he would call me to have a little chat about my gas purchases!

At the moment, we are seeing quite a rash of people who are stealing gas from vehicles so I am sure the Jerry cans would be like a NEON SIGN saying:

"STEAL ME, STEAL ME"

Yeah I need lawn mower gas hahahahahaha

Years of Experience

we have a fleet card also but only get to the main stations no ghetto gas which is the cheapest gas in town.....like raceway or cirkle K gas........ to me gas is all the same ..that's my opinion....