Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Bucket List

Years of Experience
    17 years

Default Re: Pizzaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Daman... Your assumptions are many.

You have incorrectly assumed I am a thin crust or perhaps a New York Style pizza man. I am NOT. I will only eat thin crust if it is free and the only pizza available... in most cases. I prefer a thicker crust with plentiful toppings. My favorite pizza is the Papa Murphy's Chicago Style Stuffed Crust Pizza. Just typing that out makes me hungry. Not too many toppings, though. 4-5 is about right.

The poll you refer to was a disappointment to me. I thought for sure my fellow locators had better taste than to vote thin crust as their overall favorite. They have obviously succumbed to the hype from the thin crust sellers. They don't want to sell you a hearty pizza but rather a thin skeleton of a pizza. It adds to their profit margin. Bastards.

Locator discounts will depend on the financial status of the proprietor.
    Yes Steve, my assumptions were many. I thought you were a thin crust guy but going back through that thread, I had it all wrong. That officially makes me an equine rectum ( that means 'horses ass' for those of you in recreational pot states). The accusations of poll subversion was just joking, of course. Even if it were true, if done for the cause of thick crust pizza, it's a noble deed.

So when you get this up and running, let us know and I will order an overnight Fed-Ex thick crust with pepperoni, sausage, ham, and black olives. You can add some crow to that if you want. No locator discount. Good luck.
    Last edited by daman1; June 1st, 2015 at 04:43 PM.
    TheCableVine likes this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I know it was all in fun. But when it comes to thick vs. thin there is no playing around.
    yahoo, daman1, Mark and 1 others like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I know it was all in fun. But when it comes to thick vs. thin there is no playing around.
    I'm a realist when it comes to Pizza. I think all pizza has a purpose and a role to fill. Sometimes i'm in a thin crust mood, sometimes a good deep dish will be in order. Hell, I even remember that horrible pizza they served us in elementary school fondly. Then again, i'm a fatty and love food...

I actually think you shouldn't give a "locator" discount. You should give a "Painted Boot" discount. That way you know those guys are in the field.

mke

Years of Experience

Default Bucket List

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    1. Own a Hemi car and join a "Hemi Owners Club."

WoW! This looks like fun! Add one more line to my bucket list:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Bucket List

My biggest wish is to not die with a paint stick in my hand. Dropping dead into some orange paint should get you a 1st class ticket to heaven.
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience

Default Bucket List

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post

Own a Hemi car and join a "Hemi Owners Club."

Greetings Fellow 'Viners! Here is a real Hemi 4-speed car that is to my liking, but just a little too pricey for my blood ($59,500):

Here we go. Not a Hemi or a 4-speed, but I like it and this is more in my price range ($36,995):

Here we go again. Not a Hemi, but is a 4-speed and really in my price range ($34,000):

The Generation II Mopar Hemi crate motors are in the $15,000 plus price range and would drive up the price of either one of the alternatives to the first choice if I shoe-horned in the Hemi. For now, 'Own a Hemi car and join a "Hemi Owners Club"' will have to remain on my bucket list................. just sayin!'

Years of Experience

Greetings wingfoot. I like the hemi! Just f*ckin buy it!

Years of Experience

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post

~ Kansas City 2017 ~
    ~ March 24-25 ~ Kansas City Convention Center ~
    ~ 301 West 13th Street ~ Kansas City, MO 64105 ~
    Greetings orangeboots! You're Awesome! Thanks for the heads up! Luv Ya Man!

Years of Experience

Default Bucket List

If I got serious about owning a Mopar Hemi car at a reasonable price, I would follow "Still 18's" lead:

I would buy a solid body Roadrunner at a somewhat decent price ($25,000, give or take):

I would make sure it is my preferred exterior color, interior color and transmission choice:

I would add a black vinyl top if I feel I can tackle it on my own:

I would yank out the tired and gutless 383-cubic-inch, 335-hp, single-4-bbl-carburetor v-8:

I would shoehorn in a $15,000, 511-cubic-inch, 625 Horsepower (on 93 octane pump gas), dual-4-bbl-carburetor, John Arruzza “gold standard” Hemi (it is a direct bolt-in, hook-up/exchange):

Only then would I have what I want at a price that is $20,000 ahead of the game. Plus, it would be FUN to build, FUN to drive, FUN to own, I could say I built it myself and it would satisfy a line item on my bucket list. Mehhh, time will tell.......................... just sayin.'

Last edited by Wingfoot; December 31st, 2016 at 04:31 AM.
    TheCableVine and daman1 like this.

Years of Experience

Hey Wiing better than sliding around on the ice this weekendhttps://www.mecum.com/

Years of Experience

Default Bucket List

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Hey Wing, better than sliding around on the ice this weekend.

Greetings orangeboots!

WoW! About 6 pm tonight this 11,000 mile, one-owner, 1971 Hemi Challenger with original Midnight Blue Metallic paint, original interior, tires & exhaust went across the block @ $575,000 and did not meet the reserve...

How about this beauty? A 1970 Hemi Plymouth Superbird 4-speed car after receiving a full restoration:

I watched the bidding go to $490,000 and again did not meet the reserve that was set at $600,000! Man! That's a wee bit too rich for my blood... But I digress.

I enjoyed watching the live auction for close to 90 minutes and found many beautiful musclecars I would love to own. Unfortunately, my reserve just ain't there either........ just sayin.'

Last edited by Wingfoot; January 13th, 2017 at 10:46 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Bucket List

TheCableVine likes this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I've owned a 1968 and a 1969 Camaro. The '69 is the best looking car ever manufactured. My opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    Wingfoot and daman1 like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

Default Bucket List

I've owned a 1968 and a 1969 Camaro. The '69 is the best looking car ever manufactured. My opinion and I'm sticking to it.
    Greetings Steve! Ah, YES! Those '68 & '69 Camaros are SWEET!

1968 Chevrolet SS 396 Camaro

Years ago I was working for a Goodyear company-owned retail store in Wichita, Kansas. While there, I was providing an outlet for the local racers to buy Goodyear race tires. I have never raced down the track myself because I was too broke at the time to both own and maintain a competitive race car (to end with a small fortune in racing you have to start with a large fortune). Instead, I spent almost every weekend being the go-to tire guy at my local quarter mile drag strip. Each year I would spend my vacation time traveling with the Carter-Maxwell Goodyear race tire distributor to the NHRA sanctioned events at Baton Rouge, Houston, Ennis (Dallas), Denver, Topeka & the IHRA sanction event at San Antonio. The racing community is a close-knit fraternity and through proper tire recommendations and spot-on race tire problem-solving knowledge gained by my involvement with the Carter-Maxwell group, I have made friendships that have lasted many years.

During my involvement on the sanctioned drag racing scene, I have seen many muscle cars successfully prepared for drag racing. The 1st generation Camaros really impressed me on how well they responded to low-buck traction adders.

1969 Chevrolet SS 427 Camaro

Throw in a $90 mini spool, add some $50 slapper bars, mount a pair of quality, sticky slicks and prepare to be thrown into the back seat when the light turns green!

TheCableVine likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12