Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Big lottery winnings

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Big lottery winnings

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    I KNOW MKE RIGHT !!!! LOL ...that is why I say it is not worth it in the end unless you are really smart with your money....
    You'll like this Yahoo...

My mom gave my sister the house we grew up in in California (Crazy housing market). My sister just sold it last year for about $750,000.

I'm pretty sure If I had 3/4's or a million dollars I could get to a point where I could live comfortable.... not rich... but comfortable.

My sister, in less than a year has pissed through it all. She did buy a house....for her son. She lives in her daughters garage. She has started borrowing money from my mom again as well... Some people just don't understand.

mke
    yahoo and daman1 like this.

Years of Experience

yes , that is what I m saying Mke. I would venture to say that 9 out of 10 people will be worse off than they were before they got a huge sum of money. who is happy ???? most poor people are not happy, most rich people are not happy and people in the middle of that are not happy ??? the man that is happy with what he has at his house right now....will be happy at any point in his life no matter what he has .
    daman1 and Mke like this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Default Big lottery winnings

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    it is not worth it in the end unless you are really smart with your money....
    A lottery win is the same as a job, establish a budget based on income and do not live beyond your means.
    Just like a regular income you have to say no to all the people with their hands out. In the income we all have people want money for a down payment on a car or your old car, pay off some overdue bill, etc. But if you have a large lottery winning people, including complete strangers, are going to want $50,000 or a million dollars from you.
    My mom gave my sister the house we grew up in in California (Crazy housing market). My sister just sold it last year for about $750,000.

My sister, in less than a year, has pissed through it all. She did buy a house....for her son. She lives in her daughter's garage. She has started borrowing money from my mom again as well... Some people just don't understand.

mke
    Greetings ProfessionalLocator & Mke! Years ago my wife's co-worker Brenda became a widow and got a life insurance check for $500,000. Her dirt-bag brother from Oklahoma, a person who she dearly loved, cried in her living room the many reasons why he deserved the money more than her. For reasons no one has ever asked her why, she gave him every penny. He instantly pissed through it all. Today he is still broke in Oklahoma and has broken all ties to his sister Brenda; as if all this was her fault.

Today, Brenda is living on public assistance in Kansas City. To add insult to injury, Brenda's son, an un-employed father of 3, was drunk one night and crashed his buddy's Harley at high speed into a parked vehicle. No one had insurance and as a result Brenda's son became a divorced paraplegic on suicide watch living in Brenda's small house with his 3 kids.

Exodus 22:22-23 - You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child. If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    daman1, Mke and yahoo like this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Years ago, I had a friend get a 100+ thousand dollar court settlement. As soon as he learned it was coming, he started writing checks for cash figuring he'd cover it when the money got there. As soon as it did, he started partying. Blowing money on friends. Bought a 30,000 dollar truck. Taking his new entourage to strip clubs and buying drinks all around. I was invited but it made me sick to my stomach to see my friend, who had been poor his whole life, blow the only chance he'd ever get to change things. I stayed home.

When the money was gone, he sold his truck for 5K cash, blew that money and had nowhere to go. I let him sleep on my couch until a week later, he gets arrested because he never paid those checks off. Got 5 years for twelve counts of check deception. All this took place in less than 4 months.

Today, he's still in jail for crimes he committed after his release as he couldn't find work with a criminal record. Probably doing life on the installment plan. Still sickens me thinking about it.
    Last edited by daman1; September 1st, 2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Wingfoot likes this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I hear you Daman, Yahoo and Wing. Which is why I wrote a what if contingency plan.

I know a guy whose disability payments were held and when finally released a year of social security and pension in one check each, about $25,000. Took him 10 weeks to go through all of it with nothing to show for it.

Years of Experience

Ben Shapiro Speaking @ Otay Ranch High School, Chula Vista, California

“Poor people who win the lottery end up poor again. The reason there are people in the United States who are permanently poor because they suck with money!”

Ben Shapiro - American conservative political commentator, columnist, author, radio talk show host, media executive, activist, and attorney.

Watch @1:00 - Triggered liberal high school teacher encourages students to leave this Young America's Foundation lecture because Ben Shapiro has “Crossed the Line” by exposing students to conservative rhetoric. Apparently the teacher feels the students in attendance who come from poor backgrounds shouldn't be exposed to “truth”..................... just sayin.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mke and yahoo like this.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post

Ben Shapiro Speaking @ Otay Ranch High School, Chula Vista, California

Poor people who win the lottery end up poor again. The reason there are people in the United States who are permanently poor because they suck with money!”

Ben Shapiro - American conservative political commentator, columnist, author, radio talk show host, media executive, activist, and attorney.

Watch @1:00 - Triggered liberal high school teacher encourages students to leave this Young America's Foundation lecture because Ben Shapiro has “Crossed the Line” by exposing students to conservative rhetoric. Apparently the teacher feels the students in attendance who come from poor backgrounds shouldn't be exposed to “truth”..................... just sayin.'

Have you listened to Joe Rogan's podcast with Ben Shapiro on it? Refreshing .... 3 hours flew by

Mke
    Wingfoot likes this.

Years of Experience

I have GOT to hear that !!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Three words... Hookers And Blow

mke
    nice to know my life will not change much. just more often fun times. lol

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    The chance of lightning hitting me better if I did win the Powerball I am somewhat prepared.
    Greetings ProfessionalLocator! I hate being the Danny Downer on this but the lottery is just another tax. Trust me, you ain't getting shit back when you buy your ticket(s); no matter how many tickets you buy.............. just sayin.'

Years of Experience

that's messed up !!!! hang in there buddy !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12