Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Best Roadside Find

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Arrow Best Roadside Find

I found a cool hat once on the side of the road. Found a dollar bill or two here and there. I think I even found a 10 once. I also found a transfer case for a chevy suburban. It worked. I ended up selling it at a yard sale for like 5 or 10 dollars.

What is the coolest thing you've ever found.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default Re: Best Roadside Find

Found a $20.00 bill once.

Also, in an area construction crews were bulldozing several abandoned farms found one of those old plows that was pulled by an ox. Am slowly working on restoring it.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I like going to a house demo. I take a stroll through it and see if there is anything left over that I can pilfer. They are gonna tear it down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    I like going to a house demo. I take a stroll through it and see if there is anything left over that I can pilfer. They are gonna tear it down anyway.

Yea, it kinda neat walking through some old farm houses. Never know what you will find. Have a number of small antique kettles, lanterns, jars etc. that we have on display on top of our cupboards at our little cottage.

Years of Experience
    30+

About 8.8 pounds of pot in a black plastic garbage bag. I thought the sheriff office would give me a finders fee.

Found $5 once... a bunch of change... which is from always looking down... also found a asphalt shovel?... has the teeth on it ... that is what one the guys said... I think it is used for removing asphalt roof tiles? Anyway... donated that to one of the guys... I had no use for it.

Years of Experience

18 volt Dewalt Sawzall. It had a little road rash on one side from falling off someones tailgate but worked just great.

I collect old bottles so this job is great for me. I've always collected them but since having this job I think I'm going to have to be a little more picky about which ones I bring home otherwise the house will be full of bottles.

Oh... I forgot... found a tackle box (brand new with lures still in packaging) It was a soft sided tackle box.. I thought it was a cooler. I felt bad for whoever lost It was in the middle of the road by a stop sign. It must have fallen out of the back of someone's truck... that or maybe wife wasn't happy with the new purchase?? LOL

Brand new Plano Tackle box-empty; Nearly new 5 gal. water can; all sorts of tools; Mobile phone - gave that back; Saw an air compressor fall off a trailer but owner came back for it b/4 I could get to it.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Didn't necessarily find but I stumbled upon a Lonestar steakhouse that had just burned down. Demo crew called in an emergency later that day to finish the job. The only thing left standing was some charred framing and.....the coolers. Demo crew said I could have anything I wanted from the cooler. Everything inside them was still frozen so I filled my truck with whatever I could and dashed home to get it in the freezer (it was the middle of summer). I ate like a king for over a month.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

$100.00 bill once been looking for another ever since

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Didn't necessarily find but I stumbled upon a Lonestar steakhouse that had just burned down. Demo crew called in an emergency later that day to finish the job. The only thing left standing was some charred framing and.....the coolers. Demo crew said I could have anything I wanted from the cooler. Everything inside them was still frozen so I filled my truck with whatever I could and dashed home to get it in the freezer (it was the middle of summer). I ate like a king for over a month.
    NICE

Best find I had was a fifty in a farmers field, farmer said he wasn't his.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsygirl View Post
    Oh... I forgot... found a tackle box (brand new with lures still in packaging) It was a soft sided tackle box.. I thought it was a cooler. I felt bad for whoever lost It was in the middle of the road by a stop sign. It must have fallen out of the back of someone's truck... that or maybe wife wasn't happy with the new purchase?? LOL
    Maybe it was an anniversary gift from him to her. She may have let her actions speak louder than her words!

Years of Experience

With all the flooding in my area there is plenty of trash from flooded basements at the roadside for the garbagemen. The only problem is that most of the basement floods include sewage so no matter how good the stuff looks on the side of the road I won't go near it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast