Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best "Graft" you have received from Contractor

Years of Experience

I have 3 excavators that give me a Christmas gift every year. They are not big ticket items (+/- $20.00) but always a nice gratuity for a job well done.

Once, on a Saturday, I marked a backyard for an in-ground swimming pool. The homeowner asked me if I wanted to go to a Royals game. It was 10:00 A.M. and he couldn't go. I said, "Yes!" He gave me 4 tickets and a parking pass for a 1:10 P.M. first pitch Royals/Indians baseball game for that same Saturday. My wife, 2 kids and I made it to the game on time. The parking pass was to the closest parking lot to the front gate: we only had to walk about a 100' to get inside the Stadium. The seats were on the first row behind the visitor's dugout between 3rd base & Home plate. The Royals' team mascot, Sluggerrr, did a dance on top of the visitor's dugout at the beginning of the 7th inning stretch in front of my family. The TV cameras focused on my kids and was televised on the Big Screen in the Park.

The Royals lost to Cleveland in the 9th inning when the Indians Left Fielder Geronimo Berroa caught a pop fly for the 3rd out. Geronimo tossed the ball he caught to my 12 year old son underhanded as he entered the visitor's dugout on his way off the field.

That was the best free "graft" I ever received. Even though our team lost, my family still reminisce that as our best Royals game visited.
    Last edited by Wingfoot; May 30th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Reply to Wingfoot:

SWEEEETTT and you were able to include the entire family in the gift as well.
    Assume that is busy season for you so that must have made it even better!

"Good on ya" as the AUSSIES say!

It really is nice to be recognized for good effort once in a while because gosh knows there's enough of the opposite around to "fill anyones boots".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12