Thread: average

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default average

I am trying to figure out what is average for locating companies.

Vacation what is your companies?

hourly salary? Taking in account for different regions and cost of living, mainly looking for midwest region.

medical stuff

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: average

I'm in house so it probably throws off the bell curve. If we are taking just locators...

Pay is roughfly $25 an hour.

Vacation time is 3 weeks a year, and you can hold up to 6 weeks before you loose it.... @5 years of employment you get 4 weeks and can hold up to 8 without loss.

Sick time is accrued a little slower then vacation, but it's roughly 2 weeks a year.

Medical has declined since the passage of the affordable healthcare act but you can insure your family for just shy of $200 a month ($187 ish). Pretty good coverage, but not like it used to be.

this help?

mke

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I didn't feel like starting a new thread. Any one know who got the AT&T contract in OK? It seems they are offering $19 hr just to locate one facility. It seems USIC is hemorrhaging locators to this new company in OK.

Years of Experience

Consolidated Infrastructure Group..................same guys that started Consolidated Utility Services, now part of USIC.

Wag
    Years of Experience

Are you saying a 16yr locator like you makes around $25/hr, or all locators? In my experience in the midwest, working for 3 different companies over 9 years, Starting pay is around $14-17, and a 16yr locator may be making $21-23/hr. I'd kill for 3wks of vacation a year (in my 3rd year I get 1.5wks), and someone in my company with 5 years employment would get just 3 weeks. My insurance for just my spouse and I is $300/mo.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    I am trying to figure out what is average for locating companies.

Vacation what is your companies?

hourly salary? Taking in account for different regions and cost of living, mainly looking for midwest region.

medical stuff
    Made over $30 on piece rate in the midwest. Busted ass all the time though. And I wasn't even in the top 10% of the company for pay, knew a few folks clear 100k a year. This was a few years ago btw. Of course places like Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota can get away with paying experienced guys $13 an hour. Damn shame really. Area I live now has zero competition between companies/contracts and 10 year vets making $16 lol. Spoke with a guy with 20 years experience and they started him off at $13, said he really needed the job. If only people stopped accepting the first position they got accepted too maybe wages would increase nation wide.

Years of Experience

And I have witnessed guys I've trained make upwards of $22/hour after just 18 months, a few at or near $25 after 2-3 years and a couple topping out at low $30's(in house guys,5 weeks vacation a year, must be nice) Money to be made out there, just have to know where to look.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 400 ft swath View Post
    Made over $30 on piece rate in the midwest. Busted ass all the time though. And I wasn't even in the top 10% of the company for pay, knew a few folks clear 100k a year. This was a few years ago btw. Of course places like Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota can get away with paying experienced guys $13 an hour. Damn shame really. Area I live now has zero competition between companies/contracts and 10 year vets making $16 lol. Spoke with a guy with 20 years experience and they started him off at $13, said he really needed the job. If only people stopped accepting the first position they got accepted too maybe wages would increase nation wide.
    Piece rate is the only way to go.
    "Change does not always equal progress."