Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Anyone using Leica Ultra?

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Anyone using Leica Ultra?

Quote Originally Posted by clips68 View Post
    Vivax are well engineered, but I believe the quality of parts and manufacturing does not rise to that level. On the other hand Leica is a Swiss manufacturer that is renowned for the high quality products. Actually I would be very happy with a Vivax Made in Switzerland. One of the Vivax I purchased didnt worked properly out of the box and I had to send it back. And their salesman have absolutely no clue on how this things really work. All he does is to parrot paragraphs from the manual. I guess I will go with a RD 8100 for now.
    We used the Vivax and they were constantly in the shop, especially the receiver The transmitters were very vulnerable to water and the slightest drizzle would knock them out. The receivers were not so readily stopped by rain. But humidity alone seemed to build up inside and many cam back from repair shop with the notation "irreparable, doe to corrosion". I would not buy or even steal a Vivax. Stick with the RD.
    yahoo and clips68 like this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Are we talking about Vivax or Vloc Mtech? Vloc Pro has both brands attached. Maybe I got lucky with mine but I am very demanding on my equipment (meaning I beat the hellout of it). Left the transmitter hooked up one Friday cuz I was in such a hurry to start the weekend. Of course it rained all weekend because I wasnt on call.. Didnt notice my receiver missing until my first ticket Monday morning. Went back to the project I did last Friday but couldnt remember where i last hooked up. Fired up the receiver, found a signal and walked it back to a test stand in the weeds and there it was. Low battery but still pushing. Impressive.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Daman ...you just LUCKY like that ...LOL
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12