Thread: Any USIC folks in the southeast?

Years of Experience

Default Any USIC folks in the southeast?

If it's not too much of a bother, I was wondering if a few of you guys might shoot me a PM here or an email at ferrumitzal.at.gmail.com. I have some questions I'd like to ask, and hope you can help.

Thanks.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Any USIC folks in the southeast?

People are a little leery about identifying themselves. They don't know who they can trust on this board. People get fired for frequenting TheCableVine.

What are your questions?
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience

I certainly understand the fear of retribution! That actually ties in a bit with what I was wanting to ask.

Without going into too much detail, I'm trying to get in contact with a supervisor in SC that might be able to assist in getting my foot in the door. I just finished a stint with the competition and am having some odd difficulty joining USIC. Can't go into too much more detail on an open forum, though. I'll understand if nobody feels comfortable with my request. I sure don't feel comfortable making it.

I guess that says a lot about locating companies today!

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

A supervisor might not be able to help you any way. USIC has farmed out their interview and application review to a third party. I do not believe no longer a supervisor can give any input into a good person for them to hire. I have known that a person who worked for usic and tried to get back in and was told by the interviewer that they were not qualified. Rumor has been around that since now USIC if you leave they black list you.

Years of Experience
    30+

Paint It, you are 100% correct. I left CLS/USIC and have more qualification then needed. I was a supervisor. They will not bring me back. I have tried and it just will not happen. They say I am not qualified when I had a crew of 27 people.

So I do believe there is a black list out there.

Years of Experience

Don't let anyone tell you there is not a blacklist. I know at least a half dozen who are on it as I type this.

Years of Experience

I'm in that boat. A supervisor that I didn't get along with made a phone call and I'm all of a sudden untouchable. Odd that said supervisor never wrote me up or suspended me for the things they "witnessed" me doing, but their word is carrying weight even though I have glowing recommendations from coworkers and supervisors. I'm thoroughly pissed, obviously, and want nothing more than to challenge those claims made against me. Might not have been an issue until said individual called me a week ago and actually admitted what they had done.

Why would you want to work for the seventh circle of hell?

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    Why would you want to work for the seventh circle of hell?
    Good question... why in the world would you want to go back??? Unless you were seriously desperate, but I'm thinking McDonald's would be a better option at that point

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Don't let anyone tell you there is not a blacklist. I know at least a half dozen who are on it as I type this.
    There is a blacklist for sure. When I emailed one of my managers of my intent to leave the "very big locating company", he seemed perturbed and sent an email to HR and copied me that said, "Make sure you put him on the do not rehire list". When I read his email I just laughed out loud. I thought to myself, thanks for the going away present.

Years of Experience

Any job is better than no job. I like locating, but their aren't a lot of companies in this area. If I can move to USIC and make another dollar on the hour, and have a take-home vehicle, that trumps trying to get on at a mill. I like working outside and being on my own. But most importantly, I can't stand the idea that this liar is being believed and want a chance to prove them wrong.