Thread: Ameren Contract Info

Default Ameren Contract Info

Anyone hearing anything about Ameren's contract? I've heard it is going to be up soon and no one I've talked to has heard anything about negotiations.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Ameren Contract Info

Missouri or Illinois?

From the Ameren Employee himself...

Years of Experience

It is up pretty soon in Illinois but who else is gonna take it? Usic runs this state. Have no fear that contract is not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by usic82 View Post
    it is up pretty soon in illinois but who else is gonna take it? Usic runs this state. Have no fear that contract is not going anywhere.
    heath may come in and low ball it usic style. I mean they are already doing leak survey and lock offs for the gas companies in il. Why not low ball a contract or 2 while you are already here right?!

Seeing as USIC now does shut offs for Ameren in Missouri alongside locating, I don't think the contract is going anywhere. If we were going to lose anything in this region, it'd be Laclede Gas. I heard some time ago that Asplundh, one of Ameren's big subs, owned or was somehow related to a locating company who was vying for the contract at one point. I think USIC may have already assimilated that company though.
    Last edited by threephase; July 12th, 2012 at 12:56 AM.

Years of Experience

CLS was the locating co. owned by Asplundh ... then got sold, along with SM&P to USIC

From what I've gathered it is Premier that is doing the leak surveys for Ameren. I'm sure they would probably love to get more Ameren dollars since they already have a foot in the door.
    I've heard that the USIC locating contract is thru the end of the year. I've also heard that Ameren is starting to get a bit miffed at lates and damage rates and now some of the districts are being rearranged. You would think with the contract up at the end of the year at least Ameren could be kept appeased.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by fiberlocator99 View Post
    heath may come in and low ball it usic style. I mean they are already doing leak survey and lock offs for the gas companies in il. Why not low ball a contract or 2 while you are already here right?!
    Heath is ready to go above and beyond. They don't set up shop in a state to do just one thing for one customer. Nobody does these days. They'll jump into any and all bidding in Illinois, and just like clockwork the price of a locate will drop due to two or three outfits fighting for the tiniest crumbs available. If they are lucky enough to get something in the Midwest, I wish them luck finding employees willing to work for their subhuman wages. They can't even find anyone willing to do shutoffs in Chicago for more than a few weeks, it's hilarious.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by LocateChecker View Post
    From what I've gathered it is Premier that is doing the leak surveys for Ameren. I'm sure they would probably love to get more Ameren dollars since they already have a foot in the door.
    I've heard that the USIC locating contract is thru the end of the year. I've also heard that Ameren is starting to get a bit miffed at lates and damage rates and now some of the districts are being rearranged. You would think with the contract up at the end of the year at least Ameren could be kept appeased.
    I don't get the impression that any of this is news. No one is happy with the current state, and certainly not with the contract outfits. The larger ones have pretty much wrecked everything for everyone, at least here in the Midwest. But as long as it makes sense for the power, gas, and communications customers to keep this prison system afloat, things aren't going to improve. Yeah, you read that right.

Since your the one so miffed about everything who would you like see take over the jobs for your locates and other work?

Quote Originally Posted by LocateChecker View Post