Thread: AEP Contract

Years of Experience

Default AEP Contract

just wondering if anyone knows anything about the AEP power contract in va.
    We been told that we have the contract but I've also heard that USIC is keeping it.
    I hope they do because that's all we need is that and the Roanoke gas thrown on us at one time.

Years of Experience

Default Re: AEP Contract

I though USIC got kicked out of Va a long time ago

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by S&N locator View Post
    just wondering if anyone knows anything about the AEP power contract in va.
    We been told that we have the contract but I've also heard that USIC is keeping it.
    I hope they do because that's all we need is that and the Roanoke gas thrown on us at one time.
    Completely off topic but is there a difference between S&n locating and S&n communications. I know ones a locating company and the others a sub for underground aerial etc. ...

Years of Experience
    30+

S&N Communications is a large contractor for aerial and underground communications. S&N Locating is a division AS IS Stake Center Locating. Stake was acquired by S&N Comm earlier this year.

ProLo is the expert for S&N.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

USIC had to drop the contracts that they had in Virginia. They are able to cross over the state line into Virginia on surrounding contracts that cross the state line into Virginia. I believe the AEP contract is primarily elsewhere. I have not heard of S&N Locating taking on the AEP contract though that is something I would not be privy too.
    Last edited by ProfessionalLocator; November 15th, 2014 at 08:34 PM. Reason: correction

Years of Experience

I keep hearing we're going to pick up AEP.. even from management. But of course we wont know until the day before and the USIC locators wont know they lost it until the day before.
    I hope USIC keeps it thought as it will add about 200sq miles to my already huge area.

As far as USIC in Virginia; They still mark all of the CenturyLink plant as well as AEP and Windstream Comm

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    S&N Communications is a large contractor for aerial and underground communications. S&N Locating is a division AS IS Stake Center Locating. Stake was acquired by S&N Comm earlier this year.

ProLo is the expert for S&N.
    I knew the part about S&n communications owning stake center because I currently work there. I know here we are still referred to as stake center. So S&n communications also has a locating company call S&n locating?

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy121 View Post
    I knew the part about S&n communications owning stake center because I currently work there. I know here we are still referred to as stake center. So S&n communications also has a locating company call S&n locating?
    S&N Communications wanted the install contract for Verizon in Virginia. The contract bid required a single source provider, one that had both construction and locating. So a separate corporation named S&N Locating was created. The odd thing is they went through all the legal efforts to create a legally separate entity but used all the same corporate infrastructure. Infrastructure like fleet, payroll and HR Department. By using the same HR Department alone the corporate shield between the two entities is not up. Any error in the handling of a Locating employee (unjust termination, injury) that results in at fault damages for locating can also apply to the deeper pockets of Communications. They should at least outsource their HR Department, there are plenty of companies in Virgina that do HR work.